Search results

1. gannondc5

DC5 OR S2K?

i live in ireland so dc5,s are a very common sight id say i see less s2k,s i can always rob a bank and buy a cl7 euro r ,dc5 and s2k :lol: one for every situation
  2. gannondc5

DC5 OR S2K?

Trying to decide sold my dc5 over a year ago and would buy one again as im in a position to afford one again but rear wheel drive and vtec are very tempting also heard s2k are a handfull to drive on the limit i dont need 4 seats as no kiddies as yet :) but are they as fun is the main thing or...
  3. gannondc5

CAR BATTERY CHANGE WITH CLIFFORD 650

It should not effect your alarm also unless your running extras without the engine running you should not need a bigger amp battery the alternator is well capable of running extras
  4. gannondc5

headlight problems!!

You could try swaping ballasts around or try the other bulb in the one thats not working if this doesnt work could be a broken wire or corrosion in the connections or bad earth or bad connection
  5. gannondc5

Replacing a dc5 clutch

Ive had mine out twice and left the exaust on both times with no trouble mines a standerd down pipe thou some aftermarket units could get damaged saves time and trouble
  6. gannondc5

She's finally gone

Did you cause them tyre marks in the pic [-X lol
  7. gannondc5

Engine harness modification

Bigger injectors are normaly only used when the car has been turbocharged or supercharged because of the need for a lot more fuel
  8. gannondc5

Rear brake piston retract

they need to be twisted and at the same time pushed back you can buy a tool to do this or use a g clamp and a adjustable pipe shifter to turn the piston while keeping pressure on it with the clamp
  9. gannondc5

Replacing a dc5 clutch

I can take anywhere from 3 hours to 5 hours on a ramp out and in with all the corect tools not to bad to do but the sub frame has to be removed which is a pain in the hole
  10. gannondc5

DC5 compared to EP3 - and no not the usual thing...

The seats are differant dc5 has very high bolsters beside your legs the ep3 does not, im 6,2 15 stone and i find after about 1and half hours driving i get very unconfortable legs get painful but smaller people have no problem, just somthing to consider if your on the larger side :xlol:
  11. gannondc5

performance info needed

I have to agree dc5 is not the best car for bishopscourt or any drag strip more about handling but if you want to do it on a buget nitros might be the way to go for the drag strip
  12. gannondc5

New Gearbox or refurb?

Prices vary for a second hand box and that could still have problems it may just need a clutch thats why gears are hard also it could just be the release bearing thats noisey and you get that with a new clutch kit. once its not crunching in any gears cause synchros are very expensive to replace
  13. gannondc5

Hub bolt size

36mm as far as i remember
  14. gannondc5

Gearbox seals

must be just worn then you will have to get them replaced
  15. gannondc5

25mm Drop... any problems?

Where did you get the spoon springs jay sits very well i had apex springs and had to take them of cause they were knocking and also car sat way to low
  16. gannondc5

What to look out for when buying a DC5?

Better of buying of a forum member like me :xlol: are you part exchanging or buying cash if so what you got? thinking of selling mine and going evo 7 or scooby to answer your question blue smoke when in vtec, synchros in gearbox give a bit of trouble and mainly that it has not been in a smash...
  17. gannondc5

What engine mounts??

Are energy ones not just inserts that fit in to the oem ones and dont actualy replace the mounts also i dont think the tester will notice unless the are hanging out of the car the only mount that is really noticeble is the drivers side top engine mount and that is the one that goes the most
  18. gannondc5

How much does the year affect the price?

Re: How much effect does the year affect the price? I think 03 or 04 one with a good service history and owned by an enthusiast is much more attractive then a newer import you are just paying for a newer plate :shock: also i think pre facelifts are less feminine then facelifts
  19. gannondc5

Advice Please

The headlights have to be removed and i seen in one yank site have to be heated up so as to loosen the sealant around the lense to enable them to be taken off, google it its in honda hookup or one of them forums cant remember exactly