Search results

1. A

Is this the rear engine mount?

Thinking it is - can anybody confirm?
  2. A

Headlights Question

Okay so I have a set of pre-facelift OEM headlights and trying to work out if any of the brackets etc are damaged - anything look damaged to you lot that would mean they either needed to be repaired or won't work at all?
  3. A

Steering help needed asap

Looking for some help people, my steering is feeling very unstable at all speeds even on flat, straight road. Have checked everything from the connection to the rack to the rod ends and the connection to the coilovers, the only bits left are having the geo redone, which I don't want to do till I...
  4. A

Sticker numberplates

Have noticed some cars have sticker numberplates, look much better than the jumbo plastic thing I have - where do you get these from or are they just DIY from sticker lettering kits?
  5. A

Washer Bottle

Strange question but does anybody know the capacity of the OEM water bottle?
  6. A

Suspension Height Question

Does anybody know the height from the coilover top-plates to the centre of the hub? At a guess I'd say around 60cm but if anybody knows or can find out that'd be great. I'd go and measure but my car is not at my house at the moment.
  7. A

Hasport Mounts

Want to get my Hasport mounts fitted and wondering how tricky this is. Remember it being a PITA on my DC2 and as the engine is coming out in 3 or 4 months I'll just wait if it's a bitch of a job. Anybody done this already?
  8. A

Exhaust Manifold

Looking for different views on exhaust race manifolds (no cat), ideally not going to cost an arm and a leg but would rather pay for a top quality unit if it really is a lot better as don't want it to be a restricting factor.
  9. A

SRS Sensors

Does anybody know where all the SRS sensors are on the DC5? Don't have any airbags so want to remove them and the wiring. :xcheers:
  10. A

Front lower control arms

I swaped the passanger side front lower wishbone and wanted to use the rosejoint from the old one, pressed it out but on the other wishbone the hole was to big and it litteally could be moved up and down by hand easily. Are there two sizes? If not any ideas? :xconfused:
  11. A

What is the proper name for this?

Anybody know the name for the small green connector here? I snapped mine off and need a new one. :xcheers:
  12. A

Braided Oil Hose

Anybody know a good place to buy braided steel oil hose and aluminium connectors? Need quite a bit so looking for good quality and good prices.
  13. A

Boot locking

I want to disconnect the boot cental locking but still want to be able to lock the boot - I know there is prob no way of doing this but does anybody know? Might just have to go for lockable boot pins / aerocatches.
  14. A

Gearbox Questions

I have a spare gearbox to go in the car as mine is suffering from 1st and 3rd problems. :( What are the weak points of the box and worth replacing while I'm at it? I'm considering uprating all the synchros while I'm there as the box is used for track work only but wondering what else is worth...
  15. A

Rear lower control arms

Looking at polybushing the car and seems that it doesn't cost much more and is a lot less hassle to just swap the LCAs. What ones have people used? I know the function 7's are supposed to be good but at £225 (or so) they are quite a bit more than say the D2's at about £110. Anybody used...
  16. A

Full Polybushing

What options have I got for my track car - comfort not an issue just nice and sharp. If I buy individually the cost is nuts!
  17. A

Wiring Removal

I'm looking to remove some of the wiring in the car as loads of it is not used anymore (speakers / interior lights / door sensors etc) This might sound like a daft question but is there an easy way to go about this? Don't want to cut them out if there is a knock-on impact that throws up other...
  18. A

Track rods to rack connection

Does anybody know if the track rods can be unbolted from the rack without pissing fluid everywhere? I know the rods can be removed easily enough but not sure about the bit the rods actually bolt into that connects to the rack? :-k
  19. A

Manifold views

Seems to be a load of contradictory info on the net about DC5 manifolds. I've got stock at the moment and want to swap to a race manifold but any really struggling to work out what to go for - even heard of some breaking which I defo don't want. Want gains accross the rev range not just peak...
  20. A

New coilovers - fitting probs

Tried to fit my new ASTs today and had a few problems :( When I took the Mugen's off the track rod ends (I think that's what they are called!) were joined to the coilovers facing upwards, didn't think anything of it at the time and the Mugen's taper shows this to be correct (wider at bottom)...