Search results

1. wj51fut

Honda Bristol meet - 12th May

After spending half my day at Honda Bristol yesterday I finally got round to meeting someone I hadn‘t seen for a few years. Scott Smith. He is the guy who I talk to regarding meets, flags, merchandise etc at the branch. He said to me that he would like me to organise another meet like we used to...
  2. wj51fut

Fitting OEM track rods

Hi I have put some area Motorsport track rods on my car along with a rack riser. But now I want to go back to OEM. I have the parts but can I do this without taking the rack back out? Some step by step instructions would be good. I know Rom done one but that involved removing the rack. Many...
  3. wj51fut

Pioneer SPH-DA120 sat nav

Hi I currently have the above stereo fitted in my car. Does anyone have a sat nav app that is linked and mirrored to this? I was going to buy a TomTom but seems pointless if I have this stereo. Could I just download the TomTom app and it will work on this stereo? I'm a bit of a noob when it...
  4. wj51fut

IACV screws. Size and pitch

Does anybody know the size and pitch of the IACV screws? These are the star drive ones that hold it together. My ones have had enough as I have been using the wrong tool. (Never had the right one from the start 😔) but if I need to clean it out again then the screws will round off!! Thanks...
  5. wj51fut

Am I missing anything? (Mapping)

Hi I might need to get my car mapped again as it doesn't feel right once in VTEC. Current mods are; J's Racing carbon intake Samco hose Hybrid Racing 70mm TB Skunk2 pro series 70mm inlet manifold Port polished head Skunk2 Alpha series exhaust header (no cat) (2.7 inch) Spoon sports b-pipe...
  6. wj51fut

Hybrid Racing throttle body

Hi I've just fitted a HR TB and all fitted ok. When I started the car up it seems to idle at 2k revs. I fitted a Skunk2 inlet manifold at the same time. It's going for a map on Thursday. Will this sort it? Also, has anyone else fitted a HR TB? The throttle cable on mine seems to be too long...
  7. wj51fut

Mph/kph decal in cluster

Hi Just wondering what people have done to their kph decal that's just below the speedo. When the car came over Torque GT put an MPH sticker over the top and it started to peel away last year so I took it off. My MOT is due next Monday at Honda so I'm guessing they will want this rectified...
  8. wj51fut

Exhaust gasket pictures B to back box

Hi I'm after some pictures of the gasket that goes between the B-pipe and the back box. The threads on mine seem to wind to the end but there still seems to be play and movement in the gap. Are you supposed to use gun gum to seal it up? It does sound like it's blowing a bit. A new donut...
  9. wj51fut

Hose sizes and recommendations

Hi I want to get rid of the metal pipe work next to the cam cover on the right side. The pipe work seems to be just air going through it. One for the brake booster going from the inlet. The other goes from the throttle body but looks like it goes to a fuel line??! This last one has what looks...
  10. wj51fut

Pioneer SPH-DA120

It seems a few people have bought one of these systems in the past few months, including myself. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to car stereos. So I thought this thread could help people that own one to get the best from it. So, who has one and who has set it up fully??! Adam
  11. wj51fut

Novice track day

Hi I'm looking to go on a track day with my wife. I have been in one track session and really enjoyed it. But my wife wants to have a go too. I have no issues with her driving my car and I want her to enjoy it as I do. But I want to take her on an easy track and that isn't full of idiots and...
  12. wj51fut

Brake booster and master cylinder

Hi A few months ago I had my Brembo calipers refurbished and new discs (OEM) and pads (Mugen competition) fitted. I also have a set of Goodridge brake lines fitted. But I'm still finding the brakes a bit spongy and none responsive. The pads 'wake up' after a while and that's fine but I do...
  13. wj51fut

Rack riser and slider

Hi all I'm looking to replace my slider in my rack. They don't cost a lot and thought it would be a good idea to do it. At the same time it would make sense to fit my rack riser. I'm also thinking of replacing both track rod ends and roll centre adjusters (at last) this would then give me a...
  14. wj51fut

Thermal inlet and TB gaskets

Hi Just wondering if these are worth it? CPL racing say that the Hondata one can give an overall increase in power by 3%-5% and a decrease in heat soak from the head by as much as 50 degrees C. At £50. Tegiwa say pretty much the same thing but at £32. Are either of them worth it and if...
  15. wj51fut

Rear bushings

Hi What are the choices (if any) on the rear bushings? Looking for the ones on the trailing arm and LCA's but don't want or need to replace the LCA's themselves. OEM ones are proven to be good enough. Thanks! Adam
  16. wj51fut

Skunk2 exhaust cam gear

Basically, is it worth it??!! My car is at TGM atm getting the cam chain done. So as its all out is it worth putting one of these in too? I know the cast of the cams and profiles are very good so would these only be good for uprated cams? They are £205.
  17. wj51fut

When a chain snaps!!

So this happened to me yesterday on the motorway. Doing 80mph in the middle lane and then it was as if the key was turned!! The engine light came on and I obviously lost all power. And the damage... Seems to be something missing You can see the shavings from the guides. These...
  18. wj51fut

K20 engine loom

Hi I'm after a K20 engine wiring loom. Mainly the injector and coil pack wires. I take it the ones from an EP3 will be a direct fit? There seems to be a few on eBay. But if anyone has one here for sale then please PM me!! Thanks Adam
  19. wj51fut

Cusco 1.5 way plated LSD

Hi I have recently had a fair bit of gearbox work done. The oil I used was the Torco MTF G4. Ever since the diff has been really clunky and noisy. Has anyone else had this with a plated diff using this oil? I have some Honda MTF3 to go in. TGM and Simon say it's ok but it does sound...
  20. wj51fut

3rd gear popping

Hi, When I'm driving along at a normal pace the gears seem ok. But if I put my foot down in 3rd gear and go to change to 4th gear it kind of pops out. Not on it's own but when I move the gear knob. Kind of a notch really. But only seems to be noticeable in 3rd to 4th. Also getting into...