Search results

1. J

Idle Air Control Valve Circuit Malfunction

Cheers Bonson. Im gunna try a few other things first, as ideally i'd like to rectify the actual cause. If I dont have any luck i'll try what you've stated above. Josh..
  2. J

Its code; 14-3, DTC; P1519. Yes im running K-pro. Josh..
  3. J

So plugged in the laptop and its throwing up this error code. I've taken the IACV off twice and given it a proper good clean. Does this error code mean the IACV itself is goosed or is it something to do with the wiring as the fault code name suggests? Any help or advice would be appreciated...
  4. J

Move from Evo to DC5

I've had 2 evo's previously - a 6 RS & 9 GT. Evo's are a different ball game to be honest in performance, but also in cost. Generally DC5's are much more reliable and if they do need repairs the cost is a lot cheaper. Currently I'm getting around 34 mpg combined (only run mine on V), but it...
  5. J

Adjustable top mounts

Next mod up for the teg is suspension. I was quite convinced by the Eibach springs; cheap, reliable, better performance, better looks & more comfort due to being progressive - win win all-round. However im not a massive fan of the eibach camber bolts i've recently bought (difficult to adjust...
  6. J

Replace mount or insert-front mount

What makes you think its gone. Its hard to tell from the pictures, is the rubber torn or cracking? Not sure on the price of OEM replacements - but depending on what you use your car for it may be worth considering aftermarket mounts such as Hasport or Innovative. I've just fitted some Hasports...
  7. J

Recommendations on air filters

I've gone with the Hondata mod and K&N filter. It's a fairly cheap alternative and as my car will be used daily I like the re-charge kit available for the K&N filter! When I get chance too i'll be chopping the black plastic part on top of the front grill and doing a DIY ram air style kit! If...
  8. J

Loudest cat back exhaust ~£600

Loudest 2 exhaust's available will be the Buddy Club Spec 2 and J's 70RR. I had the spec 2 on my old EK9, certainly not practical on a road car or race car (due to noise regulations), so other than just for sh*ts and giggles there really isnt much point. Josh..
  9. J

DC5 thread on EK9.org

Im a member of EK9.org, and have owned an EK9 and been in DC5's. There is no point in trying to compare the cars! Each car has its own characteristics and should not be compared. Standard, the DC5 is quicker, 2 ltr = more power, simple! I hate people who compare cars that arnt in the same...