Search results

1. C

Anyone remember me?

Sold my DC5 about 18 months ago and dowgraded, then bought a nice Audi A3, S3 replica. Now my commute has been reduced i want something more fun and hopefully doing a deal on this DC5, looks nice. Anyone recognise it? Think the owner part ex'd it with a friend who is who i am dealing with
  2. C

May sell up

Had a chat to the wifey today and work is still quiet (am self employed) plus she has just been promoted meaning she has to drive more for work. Thus, she will be using the mk5 tdi golf we have which means the teg will go from being used every other week to everyday for my commute. Hate to have...
  3. C

Urgent opportunity - Anyone near manchester?

Been offered a chance to have my teg used in a music vid tomorrow in manchester, expenses paid etc but cant make it, anyone want the place?
  4. C

My engine light has come on now!

Seen a few threads and knew it was a matter of time. Searched etcna dnneed a quick bit of basic help. My code was 65 which is on of the sensors by the cat, its the first time its come on today. As i am thinking of getting a dc manifold will i no longer use these sensors with the dc mani...
  5. C

ECU

Age old argument, do i get a k pro or unichip. I have a local guy who is a tuner who is into hondas and mapped a few mates cars does unichips wants £450 but needs the car 3 days as is very much a perfectionist. I wont be altering the map myself so that feature appeal of the k pro is worthless...
  6. C

Some help needed people

Right i am looking for the next mod on my dc5 and just went to see a mate who makes exhausts etc about costs of making a decat pipe vs cost of buying a 2nd hand spoon one. Anyway, i am a bit worried about the rattly/raspy noise they produce, a few questions NB! I am running a gruppem, and i...
  7. C

Quick one please peeps

Standar dhonda stereo with the built in 6 disc changer, can you get an ipod cable for it?
  8. C

Getting excited now

Taking the teg on silverstone south circuit on the 13th October with the skyline forum, cant wait to report my findings on how both car and driver perform Sure the car will be better than driver :D
  9. C

Thanks to Tom at TGM too

Went down saturdat for a fast road set up and all the guys there couldnt be more helpful and he seems to be the most honest tuner/garage i have dealt with Thumbs up
  10. C

A plan were best for me

10,000 miles per annum, 3 mods declared, i have 8 years no claims, 3 points am 28 and got it for £485
  11. C

Word of warning

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1216342.htm Am pretty sure this is the one car i went to see in london and its a dog, looks good in picr but driver side is full of small dent and none of bumper line up etc. If the owner says it was bought for his wife and only just registered as it came from...
  12. C

Brake duct openings

Seena few cars with mesh etc over these, mine had crappy platic covers with oval holes in. I cut these out and didnt do the best job if i am honest. Can you buy the honda ones from dave steel? Or anywhere.
  13. C

Eibach springs

Fitted mine monday and car doesnt seem much lower at all :cry: I know springs take a while to bed in but anyone else found the same with eibachs?
  14. C

Dastek and hondata

Trying to plan my mods, doing this so i go about things the right way and dont waste any money. I have a cat back exhaust and plan on getting a gruppem. Then i was thinking about ecus etc From what i have read and from speaking to tdi via email i am right in thinking they do a flash for about...
  15. C

Number plate relocating

well i took the big black number plate holder off the car and think the car looks better without it. However i know i need a plate on the car so was thinking of a smaller one in the centre of the bumper but its pointed?! So I cant put a rigid plate as it wouldnt sit properly, i dont really fancy...
  16. C

Replica Gruppe M

Well well well saw one of these today :o On a CTR, looked identical and supposedly work equally as well, just got to find one now :green:
  17. C

Starter Motor noise

sometimes with my teg when you start it it makes a noise, you know when you try and start a car thats already running?? Its a bit like that for a split second after you start the car? Any ideas?
  18. C

Service etc

Right before i buy intakes etc i want to service the car. From what i have read i need Oil and filter - Which type and where to get Gearbox oil - Which type and where to get Valve clearances - Shall i get a handy mate to do or best left to an expert ANy any other things worth doing, just...
  19. C

Lowering questions

Right want to get the 5 lowered asap, just thinking about eibach springs my questions are: 1. Do i need camber adjusters etc or is it worth doing at the same time? 2. Can i just get it aligned locally using the settings say TGM use for a "fast road setup" Any other recomendations while i am...
  20. C

Opinions please

Right found two potential cars and will probably be going to view them with Humran my friend (used to own mugen kitted black dc5 a few years ago), First - owner by an enthuast, 51 plate 53k, c pack, starter button, only ever one lady owner in japan and this guy in uk came through 200bhp cars...