Search results

1. M

Bonnet won't open...

Now it seems to open but only if I push it down?? :roll:
  2. M

Bonnet won't open...

Thanks folks. Will try in daylight - couldn't see what I was doing.
  3. M

Bonnet won't open...

The cable pops the bonnet up OK but the release handle underneath doesn't release anything, no matter which direction I push/pull it. Is there a fix for this? Thanks folks.
  4. M

Vibration/noise at 4500 rpm - sometimes....

The front mount looks like this: And after a polish today, the car looked like this: :xyes: I love this car :)
  5. M

Looks like the car has uprated front and rear mounts which are responsible for the added vibration/noise. Now that I know nothing is actually wrong with the car it doesn't seem as loud - psychological I guess. Anyway, today is the first dry warmish day for weeks around here and the car is...
  6. M

The guy who originally put the mounts on tells me it is only the front and rear which are uprated and that they are only inserts which can simply be removed and off I go. Sounds too good to be true.
  7. M

Thanks for the responses - will check those things out. Yes, the vibrations you describe jon sound familiar - the whole car starts to rattle at idle sometimes which I hate. I wonder how expensive it would be to return all the mounts to standard.
  8. M

Engine mounts

I know it's cheeky, but could people please just check my post in 'Faults and Fixes' as I've only had 11 views and no replies. Need to get this sorted. Thanks admin :)
  9. M

I feel it through the pedals as well as hear it. I think it may be the uprated engine mounts - either because they are failing or because this is just what they sound like. It is really getting on my nerves now to the point I've stuck the car on pistonheads! Really don't want to sell it, just...
  10. M

Spoon 4-2

Blimey - I should ask more!
  11. M

Spoon 4-2

Anyone know if this manifold fits an EP3? If no one wants the one I have for sale I will post on the CTR forum if it does. Thanks.
  12. M

About to buy...

Yeah - has new clutch now.
  13. M

Advice on costs please.

My car has a Spoon 4-2 manifold. I am thinking of selling this (a little loud for me) and fitting a standard manifold. I was wondering: 1) Where to buy a standard one at a decent price (and how much this would be)? 2) What I could expect the sell the Spoon for? I have a friend who would do...
  14. M

2nd gear crunching when cold

Thought it was normal in cold weather - racing tolerances in gearbox, etc. Mine has new clutch and gearbox oil and still does it. I see it as a 'feature.'
  15. M

Love my car again!!

My best friend
  16. M

Love my car again!!

Yeah, GT2 softer for sure - like a stripped out turbo with RWD but not a racer as such. Judging by the frequency with which the PSM kicks in at this time of year, I would probably kill myself in one of those things. Yes, I swing by 911uk occasionally.
  17. M

Love my car again!!

You are probably right that's why I didn't bite. I love the GT3 and have driven a few - amazing engines and handling. Bloody hard to live with on shite roads like we have around here though. Also lacking a lot of fire power compared to this thing...
  18. M

Love my car again!!

Or 530... :)
  19. M

Love my car again!!

Me? The Milano DC5 and a black 996 Turbo - a 2003 X50. Chose them to complement one another - 4x4 v FWD, turbo v na. They fill in one another's blanks really well. The DC5 is just as good a car in a different way and just as much fun.
  20. M

Love my car again!!

Having both is a solution :D I know, I'm very lucky. Just interesting that it was a 996 turbo you looked at as they are very different cars.