Search results

1. M

Bonnet won't open...

The cable pops the bonnet up OK but the release handle underneath doesn't release anything, no matter which direction I push/pull it. Is there a fix for this? Thanks folks.
  2. M

Engine mounts

I know it's cheeky, but could people please just check my post in 'Faults and Fixes' as I've only had 11 views and no replies. Need to get this sorted. Thanks admin :)
  3. M

Vibration/noise at 4500 rpm - sometimes....

I feel it through the pedals as well as hear it. I think it may be the uprated engine mounts - either because they are failing or because this is just what they sound like. It is really getting on my nerves now to the point I've stuck the car on pistonheads! Really don't want to sell it, just...
  4. M

Spoon 4-2

Anyone know if this manifold fits an EP3? If no one wants the one I have for sale I will post on the CTR forum if it does. Thanks.
  5. M

Advice on costs please.

My car has a Spoon 4-2 manifold. I am thinking of selling this (a little loud for me) and fitting a standard manifold. I was wondering: 1) Where to buy a standard one at a decent price (and how much this would be)? 2) What I could expect the sell the Spoon for? I have a friend who would do...
  6. M

Slightly overfilled oil?

Due to the ground not being as flat as I supposed my oil is sitting about 3mm about the top mark when the engine is completely cold. Is this a signicant amount? I know that some people overfill before trackdays but am not sure how much, or if they measure when the engine is hot as opposed to...
  7. M

225 v 215 Bridgestones RE050

I have noticed that 225 tyres are actually cheaper than 215s in many cases. I know the 225 will fit no probs even with Tanabe springs but am wondering how it will affect cornering? I'd assume larger surface area = better grip but how about handling when the grip is exceeded and will they make...
  8. M

Centre Caps

I have seen this question asked before but not found an answer on Search: Are Civic Type R centre caps and DC5 ones interchangable?
  9. M

About to buy...

I am finally in a position to buy one of these cars having wanted one for 5 years. I have a decent budget so can buy a relatively low mileage one. Question: I've been told that modding these cars is relatively expensive so I plan to find a car that has already been modded. Which mods are...
  10. M

Admiral Multicar

Very pleased. As I insure 2 cars with them but currently only have 1 set of NCB, I had to get a quote for the DC5 with no NCB at all :shock: The result: £500 fully comp. OK, so I'm an old git of 39 with no convictions, a teacher, and in a leafy suburb but I still thought that was cheap with...
  11. M

Prospective buyer

After scanning these pages for a few days I thought I'd say hello. I will be in the market for a DC5 in a few months when a house sale is completed so am just gleaning info and getting a feel for what's involved. Always liked the look of the cars although I have yet to actually drive one. Have...