Search results

1. Granty1056

Bodywork.

Hi. I'm about to book my Teg into the body shop for rear ache repairs and a complete floor pan underseal. A quick question regarding the underseal. Someone suggested using black waxoil. Any experiences please. Regards.
  2. Granty1056

Problems with rear Brembo caliper.

Hi all. Car went through its MOT yesterday and passed with no advisories. I had noticed for a while when raising the handbrake it felt as if there was a knot in the cable. The man tells me that the nearside caliper handbrake lever does not return to the stop when the lever is put down. I'm...
  3. Granty1056

Pricey item.

Hi all. Pre MOT I was having a problem with the offside low beam headlight. Now solved and reported elsewhere on the forum. I decided to start with a bulb and take it from there. As I was visiting the Scarborough area I called at Marshall Honda and priced a D2R bulb. I was given a price £106...
  4. Granty1056

Headlight out.

Hi all. Prefacelift offside low beam out. I've had a look and after removing the power steering bottle I can get into it. There's a grey coloured screw off cap which has a lug secured with a torx headed screw. There's no pull off electrical feed that I can see of. Anyone done one, if so any...
  5. Granty1056

Far Cry 5.

Hi all. Just had a laugh at the above. Just completed the side mission, the recovery of the Widow Maker truck, at the second attempt. On the first attempt after clearing the compound and recovering the key to the garage, just started opening the garage door to drive out and my buddy with a...
  6. Granty1056

Insurance query

Hi all. Although not DC 5 specifically it is linked. In addition to my DC 5 I also run a Honda CB125 F. I have one of a number of secure rented garages, on private land about five hundred yards from my home, a terraced house with no secure means to keep any vehicle. Both would have to be left...
  7. Granty1056

Possible gearbox problems.

Hi all. When off throttle in third and fourth gear and usually when going slightly downhill I can hear a slight chattering noise. Apply a bit of throttle and it goes away and returns as soon as I take my foot off. Ive had a gearbox oil change recently thinking that might be the issue. Used...
  8. Granty1056

Bendix/pinnion probs are back.

Hi all. Its back again but this time with a vengeance. I've just fitted a new Yuasa battery and its spin speed on start up is brisk, to say the least. Its brought with it the starter motor problem where by the pinion/bendix fails to quickly disengage from the fly wheel resulting in that...
  9. Granty1056

2004 EP 3 Civc exhaust.

Hi all. Will a 2004 EP 3 B pipe fit a 2004 pre facelift DC 5 OEM system. Thanks in anticipation. Regards.
  10. Granty1056

Sainsbury's again.

Hi all. Renewing with the above again this year. Its gone up a pound to £246.50. Well pleased. I've been loyal to them and not had a claim so Im viewing this as a reward for such. Why didn't all those other previous companies I was with do it. I would have still been a loyal customer to them...
  11. Granty1056

Mafia 3.

Hi all. Wish I hadn't pre ordered the above. It's practically unplayable. My PC has decent specs and all my other games roar along with some high settings. Mafia 3 is buggy and slow and the scenery and the clarity is no where near some of the older games. It does not like the steam controller...
  12. Granty1056

Additional vehicle to my insurance.

Hi all. Bit of advice required. Im hoping to get Piaggio MP 3 500cc three wheeler in the next two or three weeks. Not new, It will be about three years old. This is a first for me and Im after advice which route to go down regarding insurance, ie, to add it to my Sainsbury's policy, or go with...
  13. Granty1056

Another DC 5 in Whitby.

Hi all. We finally have another one in Whitby in Championship white. I've waited six years for one to appear. I've got that feeling it wont be long before some more appear. There's a few Honda enthusiasts about in this area. Regards.
  14. Granty1056

Fake airbags.

Just been on national news regarding a bloke down Dorset way who has been offering fake airbags for sale. Disturbing bit was a typed advert showing airbags for Honda's available. Very worrying for any one, including Honda enthusiast's who might have been duped. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  15. Granty1056

Alarm problem.

Hi All. I have a Cobra Bridge 4100 series alarm which has been on the car since imported in 2010. Recently I've started having problems. Occasionally but not every time, when opening the car I get five warning beeps. In the booklet it's shown as a speedometer input/alarm fault. Anyone had...
  16. Granty1056

Pic of result's.

Trying to get an image on. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  17. Granty1056

Engine bay cleaning.

Hi. What are Torque GT using to get the quality finish to their sale cars engine bay. There's a Silvia on Facebook and its under the hood bits are gleaming. I always keep my engine and it's components clean but I dont get the finish that they do. Help please. Regards. Granty.
  18. Granty1056

Fuel filter question.

Hi. Been looking at a Wix WF8119 fuel filter. I know there's a filter inside the tank of our DC 5s, but where does this small stubby filter fit. Regards. Granty.
  19. Granty1056

M & Ms Garage, Egton, North Yorks.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=487923043 Hi all. First of all Im hoping this works. It should be a Flight Sim pic of the above garage. Mark and the staff have a great understanding of sports performance cars. This is where I head for, whenever the Teg needs anything...
  20. Granty1056

Blue is thee colour.

Hi. Twenty five thousand eight hundred people cannot be wrong. Blue is currently the top most colour for any car, followed by silver then black. Poo beige came bottom. (Pun) We had an Allegro in poo beige and it was a dog. Glad when it bust and the firm got rid of it. In the words of the...