Search results

1. MrRy

Back in another DC5!

I hope you enjoy it Myles, and it continues to be bettered. Glad it's gone to a good home. I am still having withdrawal symptoms :D
  2. MrRy

Fan heater not blowing hot air

I had the same issue as you - I replaced my heater blower resistor underneath the glovebox for £12 delivered from eBay as the resistances were wrong, vibrations over time can do it, you can check it with any old multimeter or just take a gamble and replace it.
  3. MrRy

Insurance for those in their 30s

It really is postcode dependant. I've basically got the same stats and car as you, I paid £289, £25 more than last year but I'm Derbyshire/Ashbourne way. A friend has an Oldham postcode and his premiums make my eyes water.
  4. MrRy

Help with a few bits, rust, engine mounts, bushes etc

As Patch stated, the inside rear arch panel that connects to the outside arch you see usually has a gap between 0.5m and 1mm around the edge. Once water and salt gets in there, it's a time bomb. The dc2's and s2000's had arch liners as standard, but people never cleaned them and they held in all...
  5. MrRy

Bush kit ?

I re-bushed my DC2 myself, never again, not without a ramp, a second car so there is no rush to get something done over a weekend, etc. I would happily pay someone a grand or whatever it cost to do that job.
  6. MrRy

Miller's Nano-Drive

Yeah, I'm being serious, mainly wondering if it is a small world.
  7. MrRy

Miller's Nano-Drive

Hey Chris, my mate has just got his PHD and works for Castrol as he is a complete boffin when it comes to the science of oil and says the same thing as your friend states so I can back it up, unless we both have the same friend - Dave with the Focus RS and Fiesta's ??
  8. MrRy

Miller's Nano-Drive

I use Miller's, ever since the b series days. Both 5w40 for the b18c6 and 10w50 for the turbo b18c4 block on a c6 head and even after 6k and 2 trackdays and the oil reading never changed. Had the DC5 for 4 years + and used miller's nanodrive since it came out, again it never uses a drop after...
  9. MrRy

Noisy Pedals

My clutch pedal has squeaked for 3/4 years now. It's just one of those backburner jobs....
  10. MrRy

Selling?

My 2p - if I was a buyer, I would be happy buying a heavily modified car in terms of performance modifications as it means I can potentialy make money back changing the parts I don't like, with the only exception being that I would shy away from something known to have been turbocharged. As long...
  11. MrRy

Gran Turismo Sport - November 2016

You can get this brand new delivered for under £18 now via eBay, tempted to go for it if they are bringing in a GT mode in.
  12. MrRy

Advice on carpet repairs, window strips and paint damage

Awesome, thanks Alex!
  13. MrRy

Advice on carpet repairs, window strips and paint damage

Does anyone have any part numbers for the bottom window strips and b-pillar trims? Cheers.
  14. MrRy

R888r

^^ That is the nicest picture of a silver DC5 I have ever seen.
  15. MrRy

Insurance company list, details & quotes (2017 - Current Date)

Thanks for the list, reminded me of a few companies I've not tried in a few years - just bought a new car and A-plan were the cheapest for me as they can mirror NCB, worth remembering them as they were good with me on the DC2 as well. Had to call Sky, A-plan, Chris Knott, etc. multiple times for...
  16. MrRy

Is my car priced correctly?

It's priced very, very well Daz, though I am the type of buyer that doesn't take mileage into account that much. It's all luck of the draw with what sort of buyer is looking for A DC5 and what is also up for sale at the time. For me, cars take on average 1 - 2 months to sell but the first to...
  17. MrRy

Do you wait for your engine to warm up?

It is almost bullet proof - that's also the great thing about a DC5, it's a normal road going car designed for the average Joe who has no mechanical sympathy or knowledge. Just drive it.
  18. MrRy

Do you wait for your engine to warm up?

Most engine wear happens when the car is cold - drive that thing as soon as you can! Roughly upto 4.5k is fine until the thermostat opens, then gradually increases it as the engine oil temps AND transmission warm up, it's not just engine temps you need to consider. My car takes the following...
  19. MrRy

Clutch kits

I was told by a reputable source that the Exedy OEM clutch kits weigh a lot more than Honda OEM. Clutches aren't rated to BHP anyway, it's torque. My Turbo DC2 ate through a stage 2 within 1000 miles, Comp Clutch Stage 4 Paddle was ideal and surprisingly very light, still much lighter than a...
  20. MrRy

I want better sound quality

From what I gather, crap to mediocre speakers with the right environment will sound better than awesome speakers in a crap environment. Essentially what I'm saying is, dynamat or similar, budget speakers and good positioning/location will do a lot more than new mid/high end speakers will alone...