Search results

1. E

Tegiwa/Gruppe M rain water question

i think the one exception to this drain be adequate is if you blast through a monumental puddle or another car does sending gallons of water over your bonnet. Never heard of it happening though but worth being cautious around big puddles/lakes in the road :)
  2. E

Retainers

i'd recommend using the Toda retainers as the design of the retainer can affect the bind-height so the retainers form TODA should be used ideally. Blueprint retainers are great quality but use the toda's in this instance.
  3. E

Possible oil starvation?

I mapped Lukes car, It was mapped on V-power as that is the fuel he normally runs on. It was running on tesco 99 during the time of failure! I'd advised Luke to check several key things (coil packs incase failed, spark plus inspection and compression test) as per above and advised that the...
  4. E

How do you replace the VTC Actuator?

;) Glad you've sorted it :xcheers:
  5. E

Exhaust bolts coming loose...

did you guys use nylock nuts? Also consider wire tyeing.
  6. E

Dyno Charts!!

Hi Paul, what happened witht he blue line then?
  7. E

Dyno Charts!!

Nice results, rocking the RRC too! :xgrin:
  8. E

HOW TO WORKOUT THE OFFSET required etc for your wheels!

1. Measure the wheel/car accurately using the following two pictures as guides 2. Measure overall width of wheel (OW) 3. Measure the ‘T‘ dimension, which is the measurement from the back of the bolt up face to the outside of the inner rim 4. Divide the overall width by two which gives you...
  9. E

Kpro Map

Hi Marcel, I cant help but point out your wasting your time and risking the health of your motor running a basemap. [-X :xrealangry: "get that machine tuned"!
  10. E

Dyno Charts!!

I know most of the young enthusiasts are dead-set on bhp but theres so many variables you just cant compare one car to another. you could have DD brand dyno in runmode XYZ for the type of car (fwd for example non turbo) that adds a set percentage (estimated losses) against that run mode... but...
  11. E

Underseal needs doing this year, Who done yours?

most of the times taken masking evenything up before doing it. Paul, I've just bought 5L of 3M Shutz sealant (that sets). Much nicer than the non-setting waxoil. If you'd like it doing then drop me a PM or give me a call tomorrow. I've got to do the turbo 9 first xthumbsup
  12. E

Spigot rings

There are two types of wheel centralisation design used in the automobile industry.... Some vehicle manufacturers use 'LUG centric' setups whereby a heavy duty lug stud & nut or bolt is used to both centralise the wheel on the hub, secure the wheel to the vehicle AND take the weight of the...
  13. E

How do you replace the VTC Actuator?

GUIDE: How to remove the VTC actuator!...unbolt it. All you have to do is hold the cam with a spanner and undo the bolt in the end of the actuator. nothing more. If the actuator has developed a rattle, without the chain on try rotating it back and forward whilst holding the cam and turning the...
  14. E

Dyno Charts!!

The scaling on the last two are force scaled for a couple of reasons... so that everyone can see... 1. hp/torque intersect at 5252rpm and 2. it makes them easier to read. During tuning i prefer to use the other data screens (see first graph) since the auto-scaling emphasises the graphs to aid...
  15. E

Dyno Charts!!

The 'stock DC5 graph' is exactly that... a graph of completely stock DC5. SAE By the way Paul I advised somone to contact regading BC Pro exhausts for another K-swapped civic xthumbup IIRC spec was Spoon manifold & full exhaust system, RBC, Hondata gasket, generic short air induction. The...
  16. E

Oil Filter recommendations

HOP = Honda Original Parts HAMP = Honda AfterMarket Parts Hamp is a premium version of HOP
  17. E

Tricker_Luke's DC5 on the dyno Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ9djLxfZNA Dynographs uploaded to the tech section HERE. Follow this link for more videos! (bear with me trying to find time to upload them all!)
  18. E

Dyno Charts!!

tricker_Luke's dyno Graphs Before (a similar spec basemap) vs. after Same graph force-scaled Stock DC5 vs. tricker_Luke's DC5 I'm very impressed with the performance of the spoon manifold in conjunction with Luke's other mods! great performance from bolt-ons! If you'd like your DC5 dyno...
  19. E

Re-Pin'ing Injector Clips

Fair doos Stoo, glad you've found what you wanted
  20. E

Re-Pin'ing Injector Clips

no as the RC injector clips are fed in from the front! (if theyre the black pigtail plugs unterminated) if your really set on not cutting the OEM harness, then you could remove the outer sheath between the stock injector plugs and the harness, then shorten the rc pigtails and use an insulation...