Search results

1. Tomfoolery

Can someone identify this bumper?

Yeah man, I have this kit. By the time I‘d fabricated a Honda emblem location by utilising the one from my oem bumper, I was super happy with it. Warning..... the front bumper reduces ground clearance a considerable amount. Tom. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Tomfoolery

Humming sound and power delivery drop.

I'm very astute to the sounds and feels from my engine and that's probably down to the amount of years I've owned it. I should imagine the humming sound would be unnoticeable to someone who's been through less drama in their DC5 history. Either that or my paranoia allowed me to detect it soon...
  3. Tomfoolery

Not sure on what manufacturer, TGM installed it for me. I'm totally with you that that's the sole purpose of operation, but as much as I don't like to admit it, if there's not enough oil there's not enough oil. So basically it's been drawn from the baffled sump but there's not been enough to...
  4. Tomfoolery

I've sorted the humming sound.... Since having a baffled sump fitted I've been learning to guage on the dipstick the new optimum oil level. Turns out if I'm half way down the marker the oil is too low. So perhaps as I was pulling to a stop the oil was sent forwards as a result of lateral G's...
  5. Tomfoolery

Yes that's my plan of action today. I'm good with my levels but I'll check functionality. The whirring sound sounds more to the front. Researched wheel bearings, and pulleys so far but just as the car stops it continues for a moment, leading me to believe it could be a bearing spinning to a...
  6. Tomfoolery

Two separate issues occurring at the same time.... Owned the car for 8 years and are full aware of the typical bangs and whines. But recently, as I pull to a stop I notice it most, I hear a dull humming sound that continues for a mere second even after I've come to a complete stop. Also twice...
  7. Tomfoolery

Anyone heard of this "vtec climax" exhaust part ?

Didn't we used to have bikes as kids that made sound effects in 80's/90's??? Some of these very same kids clearly now have it on their cars.... What a way to be a loser, seriously!
  8. Tomfoolery

Annoying Rattle..Spoiler?

Pop the champagne I've solved my issue!!! I removed my rear bumper today to take another look at my light/bumper brackets and by tapping and banging around to seek out the source of this awful rattle it became clear. Just behind the number plate is a small bracket made from thin metal and had...
  9. Tomfoolery

Annoying Rattle..Spoiler?

I've had my DC5 stripped now for a good three years and over time I've had a rattle grow worse and much more irritating. Taking into consideration that I'm pounding a buddyclub below a hollow metal shell this vibrating/rattling sound is something insecure or corroded etc. and not just down to...
  10. Tomfoolery

Rmo1A b-pipe noise/rattle?!

I had a similar issue where my cat had deteriorated and the vibrations carried out to the tail pipe. I've used 2 buddyclub exhausts and for some reason I've had nothing but trouble with both. They don't seem to last wether it be components of the exhaust like the brackets etc or the joins and...
  11. Tomfoolery

Heater issue

I'm friends with a great Honda mechanic and mine is going to Honda next week suffering with the same problem. If you'd like a confirmation of the possible fault/s I'll keep you posted.... Seems to be a common problem occurring currently given the age of the dc5. Tom.
  12. Tomfoolery

Which C pilar brace?

Cusco is correct as I have the exact same. Not experienced any others but I should imagine it's the adjustment that plays the important part as opposed to a particular manufacturer. I feel it's all down to the physics rather than the possible minimal difference in build quality.
  13. Tomfoolery

Strange noise at 7.5k

Mate you wanna hear mine at 7.5k I bought a reconditioned k20a for £3,700 and they fitted me a k20a2 (UK civic) and probably sold mine. My ECU freaks out at high revs as a result. Ideal engines and gearboxes in East Barking - Avoid!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Tomfoolery

paint code for blue dc5

Confirmed that is correct ^^
  15. Tomfoolery

High RPM sputter

Oil level is perfect and no EML. I only run and open cone filter intake with buddyclub exhaust. Not sure on plugs but I had my engine reconditioned about 18 months ago. Thanks.
  16. Tomfoolery

High RPM sputter

Hi guys, mine has only recently started doing this but just before 8000rpm. I've changed the oil and filter at the beginning of December prior to a track day mid December. Car has been fine and now I'm getting a surging sound and a flat spot in power delivery prior to 8000rpm, if that makes...
  17. Tomfoolery

low RPM hesitation

Could be the knock sensor perhaps. Tommy.
  18. Tomfoolery

Milano DC5 is dead!!!!

Question is now.......do I just get a uk spec K20 or fork out for JDM??? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Tommy.
  19. Tomfoolery

Milano DC5 is dead!!!!

I'm real good with my levels buddy. Cams etc were well lubricated and no signs or friction in the slightest.
  20. Tomfoolery

Milano DC5 is dead!!!!

About 70,000 miles.