Search results

1. firthy22

Not happy :(

Well for those that read about my accident and car being wrote off will know I was not very happy with the situation. Further to this I received a called from Churchill yesterday informing me that the £8,995 payout for my car would be paid into my account that day. They asked me if I wanted to...
  2. firthy22

End of an era :(

Well, the insurance company have written my car off and are determined not to let me buy it back. They have put a buy back price of £6500 on the car which makes it financially unviable. The only good thing is they have offered me £9k payout which is £300 more than I paid for it 3 years ago so...
  3. firthy22

Car crashed :( Photos added

On my way to work this morning and hit a excrement load of water about 12" deep. Was doing about 45mph and didn't see the flood due to car with HID's coming in the opposite direction, consequently I got sucked into the low grass bank and ran along it until the car hit something sticking out...
  4. firthy22

Reservoir socks

Been after some black/gold reservoir socks for ages with no luck. Came acros these yesterday so sent for a couple of "No 1". http://www.japanya.co.uk/SearchProducts.aspx?keywords=sweatbands Thought I'd share the link before someone asks for it.
  5. firthy22

Indicators, have the Japanese got it right ?

Sorry for the pun in the title :) I don't know why imports have the lights/indicators on the right and Europe has them on the left but after driving both, I prefer the Jap way with indicators on the right. Particularly, when driving around town, I find I can gear change and indicate at the...
  6. firthy22

Hamp oil filters ?

Just found 6 Hamp shortie oil filters from when I had my H22A8 Prelude, with these fit the K20 and is it okay to use the short filter or better off with full size. Change my oil every 6 months and do about 8k miles per year.
  7. firthy22

Weight of sideskirts ?

Has anyone not any idea what the approx weight of a side skirt is ?? I'm arranging collection of 2 sideskirts and it's booked by weight.
  8. firthy22

Rear bumpers ?

Son hit my car last night and my rear bumper was hanging off on one side. Had a temporary repair done and it looks okay, just a bit out of line but the body shop said that, ideally I would need a new bumper as it was ripped inside under rear wing. Possibly fixable but would cost about £200 to...
  9. firthy22

Mixing or altering springs

I knoiw before I ask this question that some will come back at me and say, leave well alone as spring sets are manufactured, tested and matched for handing etc. but I have to ask anyway. I feel with the Eibach Pro's the rears sit at the perfect height but the fronts could do with being a tad...
  10. firthy22

Side skirts

I will be fitting a front Ings lip and then hopefully a Mugen rear lip Will the oem side skirts be low enough or will they look out of place with these mods. I just happen to know where I can get a set of Ings side skirts for a good price and wondered if they would look better than...
  11. firthy22

235/40x17

Just wondered if anyone has tried 235/40x17 tyre on a Dc5 and have any photos of them fitted. Just had some new 17x8 rims fitted with 225/45 tyres. Very happy with them but after seeing the stretched tryes I thought that 235 would be perfect width for an 8" rim. On checking the diameter...
  12. firthy22

DC5 -> 350z

My car is currently in the bodyshop having some stealth work done so borrowed my son's 350z for the day to travel to work. Jap import with tiptronic gearbox, not that you really need it as the gear changes are very quick and smooth. Gave it a bit of a blast over the mountain in sport mode and...
  13. firthy22

Gearbox issues

Towards the end of my track session on Saturday i was experiencing problems with getting gears especially when going down from 4th to 3rd. No crunching just didn't want to go in, when i slowed down for a lap it seemd better so presuming it was a heat issue. Was fine on the drive home yesterday...
  14. firthy22

Unlucky but soooo lucky !!

To quote Jonahdc5 "Thank F£^& it wasn't the Teg" Teg was detailed, waxed and tyres blacked on Sundat ready for Japfest so decided to use my old CRV for my 2 days at work due to excrement on the roads from passing farms and fields. I was driving to work on an open country road and came around...
  15. firthy22

Project Kics supplier ??

Anyone know a reliable supplier or source in the UK who can get Project Kics wheel nuts ?
  16. firthy22

BC RBC and throttle body

When I had my car dyno'd it made 246bhp and since then had the 5Zigen CAI fitted and fuelling was increased by 3% due to the extra air flowing through. I didn't get a figure or printout as Paul at Tdi tweaked the map for me on the dyno free of charge but guessing it will be somewhere near the...
  17. firthy22

How good is Dent removing

Had to smile through gritted teeth yesterday :xak: Met an old friend I Tesco's car park that I used to play rugby with. When he stopped alongside my car he stopped to talk and behind his back didn't notice his trolley roll into my door. I immediately stepped in but was too late, I ended up...
  18. firthy22

OEM ARB's

Now that I have Swift uprated ARB's fitted I have OEM ARB's lying around. Is it worth trying to sell these as I belive they are an upgrade for on the EP3 Civic and is £100 too much to ask for them ?
  19. firthy22

Air con query

Got my car back from the garage today after getting new O2 sensor fitted and oil change done with new Millers Nano oil and they told me that my air con pipes were disconnected and looked like they hadn't been connected for a long time, judging by the dirt on the threads. Can't say I'd even...
  20. firthy22

Another great day at TDI North.

Took the ferry over at the weekend to get some work done on the car at TDI North and then pick up a puppy for the wife. Had rear Cyberspeed LCA's, Swift engineering ARB's(bought from Matt) and a billet fuel rail fitted by TDI. Also had an engine light which Paul diagnosed as faulty Lambda...