Search results

1. B

DC5 Tank size? Fuel Sender/ Guage Problems advice required

Yeah the guages have been out of the car by the previous owner to convert the speedometer to MPH or rather to put KM on the display for MOT, this could be the problem alright! So how long does the battery have to be disconnected for the ECU to reset? Thanks, the fuel light is on today so i...
  2. B

Ive no idea who tom is or where TGM is, im over in Ireland and handy enough myself, how car i test if it is the guage or sender?
  3. B

Re: DC5 Tank size? Nah im getting the fuel light.. its on at the moment! from fuel light, to the pump refusing to put anymore in the car i can only get it to hold £28! its fucking useless! Sounds like it could be the sender or the guage.. im not sure, anyone had any problems like this...
  4. B

Re: DC5 Tank size? also mite i add... it had a fuel cap like this.. so i cant actually see if the fuel is coming up the neck from the tank :(
  5. B

Ok... having a few suspicous thoughts about the fuel guage in my car! When it shows empty i can only get the car to hold about 28L.. and when i get into the guage only shows about 7/8 full... thinking maybe the tank sender mite be beat? or else the tank is super small.. starting to get...
  6. B

Ireland - Quinn Direct - 02 DC5

Interesting! I didnt realise this either, unless they only cover them in the south! I have my renewal coming up in March, dont know what to do about it.. Rang quinn direct there last week for my mondeo (day to day dog) renewal last week, local crowd where quoting £300, quinn came back with...
  7. B

aftermarket hid kit

ohh ok... fair does, i havent had it in bits yet!
  8. B

aftermarket hid kit

why the hell do you have to take the bumper off? can it not all be done at the back of the headlights?
  9. B

aftermarket hid kit

Ive never heard of a D2R fitment bulb before... Thought they where all H's... so if i order a 6k D2R Hid kit thats all i will need?
  10. B

aftermarket hid kit

Im also having the same issue myself, the previous owner of my car had a ballast die on him, he says a new ballast is £200.. my mate sells HID kits for £50ish... what kid should i go for? can i just fit and H1 or H7 kit and wire it into the original wiring? Hopefully someone will clear this...
  11. B

Adrian Flux

Im 25 with 5yr NCB on a 2nd car policy, i have my policy with them for my westfield Megabusa and they want £400 ontop of that so the premium is £1200, pricey enough i thought when bell can do it for £840! but it saves me cancelling one policy to take out another like...
  12. B

getting old = getting rid of dc5?

Why do you need to spend 5k on a "motorway barge" by something like a TD Ford Focus for 2k.. not so much debt and you'll keep the miles and the fun factor in the DC5?