Search results

1. Dc5vic

Rattle when car is driven hard?please help

Had it up on the ramp and checked it out.Its not that mate.thanks
  2. Dc5vic

Rattle when car is driven hard?please help

I drove my dc5 earlier tonight and decided to give it a bit of power.I never drive the car hard at all so after I washed it I thought i'd give it a bit of stick. When I gave the car some oomph I noticed as the revs shot up there was a kind of a small rattle on the passenger side of the engine...
  3. Dc5vic

Anyone know anything about these brake discs?

My dc5 came with a new set of ebc redstuff pads and although alot dont recommend them,they work perfect.When these wear down i'll upgrade to something else but there's tonnes of life left in them.But you're right about the setup and mine would be for street use,which works well with what?I love...
  4. Dc5vic

Have done this already and brake lines
  5. Dc5vic

So basically the grooved discs are for show and basically money should be sent on decent pads?
  6. Dc5vic

Oil advice and recommendations

Thats good because I can get 5L for €20,my mate runs a motor factors. If I start to modify it i'll up it to 5w-40.thanks for your help Tim.
  7. Dc5vic

Oil advice and recommendations

Oilman,i'm doin my first service on my dc5 and I am a little unsure what to get? My car is totally standard with 120k kms on the clock but i'm hoping to be putting on a mugen twinloop and an induction kit in the coming months. For the moment I ordered castrol edge 5w 30?is this ok?thanks
  8. Dc5vic

Major Service

Went around to my mates motor factors today coz i'm doin a big service tge weekend and i'm just wondering if all these parts I got for a service are alright?Car is at 120k kms and needs an oil and filter change,also the gears are feeling just a little rough and i'm changing the brake lines so...
  9. Dc5vic

Do Luck filters

Was thinkin that myself.Here is the link on ebay for the do luck filter http://cgi.ebay.ie/DO-LUCK-POWER-FILTER ... 41507a3ce2
  10. Dc5vic

Just wondering if these would be a good buy conidering they are brembos? http://cgi.ebay.ie/INTEGRA-TYPE-R-DC5-B ... 335b813aef
  11. Dc5vic

Do Luck filters

If its a stock airbox this would be a decent replacement http://www.sumopower.com/product.php/83 ... ntegra_dc5
  12. Dc5vic

Major Service

I'm goin with a major service too now as i'm moving job for 10 weeks and going to be doing alot of motorway miles.As this is my first service on my dc5 i'm just looking for whats best to put in it.Should I go with- Oem plugs,what type of oil and best grade(was gonna go with castrol mag 10w 40...
  13. Dc5vic

Drivers window "acting up!"

The buttons are fine on 1 and 2 clicks.I have held the button in the 'up' position when rolling it up thinking it will go up but it hits over halfway and decides to come back down.I also noticed that when I roll the window down the glass tends to "shudder" a bit instead of it bein smooth.It...
  14. Dc5vic

Yeah the automatic button is fine,it's a fault of some sort in the mechanics of the window.It just refuses to go up when I hit the auto drivers button.The window will go up so far and then return to where it started.It's been happening the odd time but it took 15 minutes of messing around with...
  15. Dc5vic

I'll give it a go,thanks
  16. Dc5vic

My drivers auto window is acting up as stated.When I push the button to roll the window up it just tries to go up and then goes back to where it originally was.It took me 15mins to go up last night :roll: .It's been happening for a bit now but only got really bad over the last few days but i'm...
  17. Dc5vic

Buddy club P1 rims

Damn thats nice!!!are they 17s or 18s?the project mu brake setup aint cheap!!!!
  18. Dc5vic

Buddy club P1 rims

Thanks man.They look well with the slotted discs.Cheers for the pics. :green:
  19. Dc5vic

Buddy club P1 rims

As above anyone got any pics of the buddy club P1 rims on a dc5.Although Enkei's are my fave,i've taken a shine to them and might be interested in a set of 18's if the bank account sees a plus in the summer !!!!Not sure if i'd go for white or gun metal,they both appeal to me!!!Anyone even seen...