Search results

1. Peter D

Help please!

Just got my new head unit for the car.. It's a Pioneer 7" double din screen.. It comes with some harness which plugs into the back of the head unit, but the other end of this is just bare wires.. Is there anywhere i can get a proper harness adapter which fits into the DC5 and into the Pioneer...
  2. Peter D

Gearbox Rebuild - The outcome!!

Well if any of you read my thread a few weeks ago, i was having major issues with the gearbox, seemingly all caused by a worn bush on the selector ontop of the box! Put it down to Precision Engineering in Inverness, and got the quote today... £900 + VAT for parts (basically all the internals)...
  3. Peter D

Help!??

Sorry to make a thread but i really could do with some advice as me and my Dad have been at the car all morning and are getting nowhere This is following on from someone elses thread that i hijacked, sorry.. There are 2 YouTube video links now which should make things clear if you don't wanna...
  4. Peter D

Servicing; Just bought...

Just finished my 2nd week back at work and the car is due a service so treated it to some stuff tonight: HONDA INTEGRA DC5 TYPE R NGK IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS - £36.98 Honda Integra DC5 Type R Replacment Fuel Filter - £11.90 2x JDM HAMP OIL FILTER HONDA INTEGRA DC5 TYPE R K20 - £19.50 BOSCH...
  5. Peter D

Absolutely ridiculous

I've owned my DC5 for a year, and last year the only company i could get to insure me were Adrian Flux, all the others either didn't do imports or had to be over 25.. I never knew about Sky Insurance at the time...and paid through the nose for insurance with Flux, worth it though.. Anyway...
  6. Peter D

Launching

Just for future reference for when i do eventually get a shot of going down the 1/4 mile, the other other night i tried a couple launches from standing start.. Even in the dry launching at 2k RPM it was hard getting traction through 1st gear. Then i launched off the 5500 RPM limiter (you know...
  7. Peter D

Dastek Unichip

I had a Dastek piggyback ECU on my 106 Rallye, and the boy has it removed now and i was just wondering are the Dasteks pretty much universal? Would it be possible to wire it into my DC5? I read some guy was getting 226bhp with exhaust and filter, and then got a Dastek and mapped to 249bhp...
  8. Peter D

battery?!

Anyone know how to fit the SS battery? I got told you can fit it without the extra battery tie bar, but tried it last night and it's tiny compared to the standard battery, just sits in the battery tray with loads of room around it, and the tie bar doesnt even hold it as its lower aswell...
  9. Peter D

J's Racing coilovers?

Anyone got any info on the J's racing stuff.. My car is lowered on adjustable coilovers i presume, and theres adjustable top mounts aswell to adjust the hardness-stiffness of them.. I've had a look around but can't find any info on these, they came with the car.. Any idea how much they are...
  10. Peter D

Mileage?

Just a quick question here.. My DC5 just turned 50,000.. Was imported and converted to MPH at lets say 35,000 approx, maybe more! Does the converting from KMH to MPH change the mileage too? Has it done 50,000 miles? Or 35,000 KM and 15,000 miles?? :D
  11. Peter D

Remap

A friend of a friend says he can remap my car for me. He works for VES Sport in Dunblane, Scotland so should be reliable enough. But can he just remap it without me having to buy anything for it? It's a 51 plate DC5. Also is it possible for him to leave the standard map below 6k but only change...