Search results

1. Cam

Booty

Before I remove it, is there likely to be a bracket or clips that need replacing? Common issue? Only happening on the LHS.
  2. Cam

Swapping Recaro's around

Anyone ever swapped driver and passenger Recaro's around to even out the bolster wear? Any foreseeable issues?
  3. Cam

Snowfoam Sliding

Anyone notice after foaming their car that the tyres are unusually slippery when cornering for ~20 miles or so? Beginning to think it's not worth the risk.
  4. Cam

Looking for new coilovers

I'm looking into changing the Tein Super Street coilovers that have been on the Teg since buying it over six years ago... they've always been pretty brutal on bumpy roads and as I'm getting on a bit 👴🏻 I'm looking for something which caters for comfort as well as spirited driving. After a...
  5. Cam

DC5 Future Value

After seeing this '97 DC2 sell for nearly $64,000 in America (albeit with only 1200 miles on the clock)... it made me wonder what the value of the DC5 will be in 9 years time? Do we think the DC5 will ever be sought after that much it will sell for something similar? Perhaps £30k for a...
  6. Cam

Shiny Bolster

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the bolsters looking less shiny and more matte like they used to be?
  7. Cam

Ride Height Sensor

Managed to track down an annoying knocking noise down to the ride height sensor that had snapped its bracket. The previous owner added rear camber adjusters and as such had to bend and tie wrap part of the bracket in place. Are there any implications of removing the ride height sensor or does...
  8. Cam

Windscreen frost covers?

It's that time again. Does anyone have any recommendations for screen covers? Looking at some magnetic ones but dubious about potential damage to paintwork.
  9. Cam

Hard Water + OCD

Does anyone else live in a hard water area and find it time consuming making sure the car is completely dry afterwards to avoid the dreaded white spots? ...or is it just me? Has anyone installed a water softener inline to their hose pipe feed in an attempt to avert this devilish behaviour...
  10. Cam

Oh noes...

Who would even contemplate doing this to their car, even if it's just for Halloween? [emoji37]
  11. Cam

Small girlfriend problems

Put my first addition on the Teg for the girlfriend (kept banging her head), must be going soppy in my old age. :rolleyes:
  12. Cam

Now a member of the K20 plate gang

I've finally taken the plunge for a different reg... surprised no one had taken it already? ^_^ This is photoshopped but you get the jist.
  13. Cam

Required: N/S Scuttle Panel Fittings

Anybody have any ideas where I can source some of these: Goes into the hole in the background. Or infact, the whole set for refitting it? It appears a garage/last owner has broken them... In case you wondered, I'm sorting out a rattle. :)
  14. Cam

No longer a clay virgin

Finally got around to claying the Teg today... took about three hours to do the whole car but the results are well worth it. B) A before and after of the bumper (this was after washing too): Doubt it had ever been done... then came the polish and wax... no shots yet. :) Definitely...
  15. Cam

Thinking of putting standard plate back on...?

Am I the odd one out? I'm thinking of putting the front OEM numberplate holder back on. Even though the hole's been smoothed over and the plate is on the right, I think the original location and shape of plate just suits the lines better. Anyone else feel the same?
  16. Cam

Diagnose my rattle (video)

I've got an annoying rattle which appears to be coming from the passenger door area, it only happens when setting off or at low RPM when the car judders. I've had no luck tracking it down so far, just wondered if anyone else had any ideas. It's not the Gruppe M. Listen for yourselves... [video]
  17. Cam

MOT Failure on CO

* Issue resolved via another relevant friendly forum. *
  18. Cam

... Got One

:D So yesterday I made the long journey up to Glasgow starting at 6.30am to look at the DC5 Johnny had for sale... It was a beauty, so I bought it... Well chuffed. :)
  19. Cam

Anyone near Roscommon, Ireland?

Anyone near Roscommon in southern Ireland? Wouldn't mind someone giving the DC5 I'm looking at a once over. Will pay petrol cost + more. PM me for more info. :)
  20. Cam

Kinda makes you angry...

Saw this facelift DC5 a few weeks ago on Pistonheads, looked like a massive bargain at £8,500 and it was as it was sold within a few days... [later removed for privacy reasons] Today I notice the same car is now up for sale from a dealer at £10,750... £2,250 more. [later removed for privacy...