Search results

1. J

Please read - A worthy cause

I don't know if this has already been posted here but please read this http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/947972-losing-my-son-please-help.html Unfortunately i am unable to attend but if anyone here can it would be great to try and make this day as special as possible
  2. J

Toda flexi replacement

I currently have my toda manifold off the car and looking at it have decided to replace the flexi whilst it's off (flexi is okay but the bands at each end have corroded) I went to an exhaust place today i've used before who i know do very good work but their price seemed very steep to me...
  3. J

Whats it worth - oem suspension

I'm looking to possibly sell my oem suspension (springs and dampers) and wondered what people thought it was worth ? Its got 60k miles on it taken from my pre facelift car and is in good condition, just trying to get an unbiased view Cheers
  4. J

Buddyclub Spec 3 pro

I have been looking at exhausts recently and noticed that Buddyclub have discontinued the Spec 3 and now have the "Spec 3 Pro" Is this new exhaust the same as the Spec 3 in that it uses spring retainers and slip joints and only has one silencer and a resonator or does it use two silencers and...
  5. J

Removing track rods

I am in the middle of doing a few jobs on my car one of which is fitting some shortened track rods (j's racing) I have taken off the ball joints and just have the rods left to remove, i am just seeing if anyone has any advice for the best method of un-doing the other end of the track rod from...
  6. J

Spares as snow tyres ?

I have 2 of the standard DC5 spare wheels and i was thinking would these be any good on the front to get through deeper snow as they are thin and comparatively nobbly ? I ask this because my Goodyear F1 asymmetric's are really bad in the deeper snow in my area. Good temporary solution ? or...
  7. J

Just fitted my Toda manifold and having a few problems

I fitted the manifold 2 days ago myself and went on fine. However it sounds like there is a leak somewhere, when i accelerate there is what i can only describe as a raspy squirty noise coming from the engine bay/in front of the centre console. When i fitted the manifold i put a new gasket on...
  8. J

Uprated shifter cables

I have been looking at these shifter cables made by Hybrid Racing http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/hybrid-racing-replacement-shift-cables-for-rsx-and-swap-vehicles-race-version.html They are for the RSX, are they the same as the DC5 ones ? They seem a reasonable price and i like the idea of...
  9. J

Gearbox query, is this normal ?

I have just been stood having a little nose around my engine bay and noticed on top of the gearbox there is a hole/tube on the top which appears to be open. When i looked closer and touched it there is oil around the edge. Is this correct or should it be connected to something ? Here are some...
  10. J

Genuine Mugen Rear Wing - Whats it worth ?

I have seen other posts asking values for cars so i hope this is ok, if not please delete. I am considering removing the Mugen rear wing from my car, it is genuine and i have the original box etc. It has CW bases where it meets the bootlid. It was ~ £900 new, what would it be worth second...
  11. J

Name this titanium exhaust . .

Picked up this Ti cat back exhaust second hand. It seems to be of very good quality and was just in need of a clean up, don't use the colouring to identify it because it has been polished back to silver and then i have done the colouring on the tip myself with a blowtorch :twisted: If someone...
  12. J

60mm exhaust gaskets

Have just bought a second hand exhaust and need some replacement gaskets. Where is the best place to get 60mm gaskets from (2 hole and 3 hole types). I have only found the Greddy ones from funky power but i think £10 each is a bit much. Also where can i get new bolts for the exhaust as the...
  13. J

Replacing clutch, Flywheel needed too ?

I am going to be replacing my clutch and will probably get the exedy stage 1 kit. Do i need to replace the flywheel at the same time ? Also would this be the best clutch for fast road use and the odd track day ? James
  14. J

CW DC5 bucks - few questions

Hello all, I picked up my pre facelift CW DC5 from SVA imports on friday having come from a clio trophy. It is a much more grown up car i have found and is an awesome machine :D I have a couple of questions which i have looked for on here but am still not too sure, if you could point me...