Search results

1. eXceed

Very happy with Bell!

Well time is coming for the Teg to get back on the road (it's a secret :D!), and so gave Bell a call today with the intention of insuring me and my girlfriend on the Integra. First off gave Sky a call and they wouldn't insure me, same with A-Plan and Keith Michael (I'm 22 and my girlfriend is...
  2. eXceed

Fed up with Adrian Flux, soo useless...

I'm 22 but was 21 when I started with Adrian Flux in January and I've been paying about £230 on a monthly basis. But anyway apart from the price being quite high (i have a friend who has 9 points and is 22 and he pays just over a grand...) they are just not able to make any changes to my policy...
  3. eXceed

Best Flywheel?

Did a search on here and noone seems to have asked the question so wondering what people's opinions are on the best flywheel for fast road/occasional track use? My clutch scored my flywheel and I don't want to use a skimmed one! Don't want too light as don't want to lose torque/driveability. And...
  4. eXceed

Fuel injector nozzle

So I was removing the injectors from my inlet manifold to fit an Inlet Manifold Gasket when there was a piece of plastic on the bottom of the injector which stayed in the RBC. I tried to get it out and in doing so I have inadvertently broken it. Now as they already have a gasket I'm just...
  5. eXceed

Power steering hose fixed!

Well got my powersteering hose repaired after nearly 5 months of no power steering! Just got that repaired expecting to have to replace the pump (which has been running dry and open to the environment) only to find that my pump is still working and now I have powersteering. Can't believe it...
  6. eXceed

Primary O2 Wideband Sensors

Just bought a box of these as I can't believe the price people pay for them, will be delivered within the next week or two so if you're looking for an O2 sensor get in touch. Bought in relative bulk so will be offering them at considerably less than you can get from Honda, shops. These are OEM...
  7. eXceed

White smoke from exhaust?

Got white smoke coming from my exhaust on idle and was wondering if this is an indication of the head gasket on its way out? Car drives fine (very well in fact...) but this just has me slightly worried. Car has done roughly 70-80k miles, is it worth changing the headgasket as a precaution before...
  8. eXceed

Exhaust bolts coming loose...

Getting well fed up of having to re-tighten the bolts on my catback/manifold every weekend. Have no idea what to do as it just keeps separating however tight I do it. Anyone recommend any solutions/washers/anti-vibration bolts? Getting pretty near solid mounts soon which will hopefully stop my...
  9. eXceed

Really starting to annoy me now!!

I'm really starting to get fed up with people at the moment!! Everywhere I go I get about 5-10 IDIOTS turning around, looking at my car and telling me to slow down. It's not even funny any more, I was driving through my local town (Stamford) and I was honestly doing 10 (yes 10!!!) mph and I had...
  10. eXceed

Honda Bulb Sizes/Types

Source So that noone needs to ask the question ever again! And if anyone has any further information/specs please post below so that I can update the list!
  11. eXceed

Fueling?

Was just thinking about this yesterday and I couldn't really find the answer anywhere, noticed that there are a few people running uprated fuel rail, pumps, etc. Why is this? Even under full load the most I've seen the duty cycle go for fueling is somewhere in the region of 80-90% which I know...
  12. eXceed

Camskill - no winter tires?!

Went to Camskill to try and order some snow tires and I find that they don't have any winter sizes between 225-235 at any profile size. Anyone suggest any other websites with winter tires for sale. Has everyone bought them all already? EDIT - seems like their entire range is out. Am I too late...
  13. eXceed

*Sigh* This car will be the end of me

Ha bit of a morbid title but was going around a car park about to drive home when there was a loud "pssssh" sound followed by smoke and a horrible smell. Opened the engine bay and immediately saw that my ETD had lost an bolt (power steering side) and had been chaffing the pipe directly above it...
  14. eXceed

Dimensions of intake pipes

Couldn't find any info on this but wondering if anyone knows the diameter of the piping (ID and OD if possible) of the pipe coming from the throttle body as well as the same for the oil breather pipe. I may go and measure it but problem is it takes soo long just to measure a couple of bits! And...
  15. eXceed

Primary O2 Sensor - *@£%!!!

I had error code P01167 and P0134 which relates to the primary o2 sensor (before i had diagnosed it as the same but it was intermitted), and upon noticing that there are no voltages going to primary o2 circuit and a negative current (what does that indicate? Sits at -34.0mA) I have replaced the...
  16. eXceed

Intake gasket dimensions

Looking for info on the dimensions of the intake/inlet gasket that fits between the manifold and block. I ordered a Hondata one about 6 years ago (aaaages ago, maybe a slight exaggeration...) but it hasn't arrived so going to get one made up for me. If anyone's got this info that would be great...
  17. eXceed

ARP Extended Hub studs

Been looking at getting some of these as I'm getting fed up of every time a garage removes and puts on my alloys they end up coming back to me saying the threads gone on the hub stud. Coupled with the fact that the stud barely clears into the alloy I'm not happy with how it is at the moment. So...
  18. eXceed

Solid mounts?

Seriously considering getting solid mounts (for engine and gearbox) as opposed to very hard mounts and understand this would be akin to bolting the engine to the frame. My question is what sort of behaviour should/would I expect on the road. I'm thinking if I was to do a vicious downchange the...
  19. eXceed

CEL code

Okay after some friendly advice to read my CEL code I've finally got two different codes: 3 long pauses and 1 short (or perhaps a space...) 4 long pauses and 1 short (or again perhaps a space...) Am I right in diagnosing these as being - Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit and...
  20. eXceed

Hesitation if rushed

Been having a problem recently with the teg, whereas if I'm taking a corner too fast or try to rush the engine then it will make a sort of grumbling noise and then pick up after about a second or two. I'm 900% sure it's related to a fuel surge but just wondering is it because there's something...