Search results

1. G

Keith Michaels

Sorry mate been a bit busy over the weekend ! Their number is 0800 542 2141
  2. G

Keith Michaels

Two Thumbs up to Jeremy at Keith Michael Sorted me a quote for £581 28 years old 5 years no claims fully comp, protected no claims :) Admiral was £800 and sky were even more !!!!
  3. G

Have I bought the wrong oil

I'm also running 5w 30 and have no issues at all, it doesn't even burn that much Don't worry
  4. G

Suspension top mount - Is this safe?

Ideally a thread or two would be good, but the nut looks like it has full engagement of the top mount stud. Check where the thread finishes on the stud, relative to where the nut is now to give you an idea of how much thread is engaged If it was say only half way through the nut it would be a...
  5. G

Front Lip Question

Hi, I've been looking at the same lip myself, and the prices seem crazy I contacted Rising Sun Performance, and they tell me that, only the carbon version of the lip is available from Japan & INGS USA. This explains the sky high price from Vtec direct, the price on Rising sun's website is...
  6. G

Relocating Fog Light from Reverse Light

Magic Thanks for that
  7. G

Parcel shelf???

I have had mine in and out several times since owning my DC5, and i have noticed a difference in road/exhaust noise. Nothing major, but i am running a twin loop at the moment. They are expensive for what they are, have you tried Honda dealerships at all ? Dave steels on here may be able to get...
  8. G

Help - Cam chain tensioner possibly?

Did you get chance to check the tapping noise ? If so was it the valve clearances causing the noise ?
  9. G

URGENT HELP needed

If you can Pm me your email address i'll send you the full list of OBDII engine code faults Those two are common with O2 sensor failures i think, the DC5 seems to have a common problem with the primary O2 sensor. If you do a search on here there was a guy on here importing them from America a...
  10. G

Replacing the front 'H' badge

I suppose it depends on the size of your hands ! Having shovels for hands I would opt for removing the bumper, gives you a chance to clean up more of the car too, if that's your bag :rolleyes: G
  11. G

Relocating Fog Light from Reverse Light

Hi guys Once you've done the mod, do all 4 brake lights still work as brake lights ? Or is one of them now a permanent fog light ? Just wondered if the mod covered both :xcheers: Greg
  12. G

Flaking window trim

Last time I checked at Honda they were £45 each ! With a six week lead time 
  13. G

stickers for side panels

There seems to be a mixed opinion of how to remove the decals and adhesive, so i guess take your pick. Vtec direct & steels should be able to supply you original decals G...
  14. G

where the best place to get engine parts

VTEC direct should be able to get you your big & small end bearings from Japan but i believe there are some other people on here that have similar contacts As for clutches looks at some of the following websites for some idea of price etc, some people prefer to use a Honda OEM clutch release...
  15. G

Wonder Wheels

I thought there was a type of wonder wheels available now that was acid free or highly diluted. I have a friend who has an FN2 and has used this since he bought the car 1 year ago and swears by it. Its in a clear plastic spray bottle and is a red liquid. I'm sure its available in Halfords
  16. G

Mugen airbox filter

Just realised what I've written there I cleaned the filter by hand, no compressor in site, just shock the bigger particles or dirt out of the filter and gave the inside of the airbox a clean with a damp cloth. I didn't realise that you could order replacements for the panel filter in the Uk...
  17. G

Mugen airbox filter

Im in the same boat myself ! The OEM filter is a cone design from looking through the openings of the airbox, so it wont replace the panel filter. Have you inspected the panel filter for dirt etc ? Years ago before my Honda days and i had a K&N filter on my car :shock: (hanging head in...
  18. G

How to put on new type R decals??

Really good post this guys I have two new decals i need to fit and two faded and battered decals to remove, this post has given me all i need to know Thanks again
  19. G

is this to good to be true? 2004 facelift? £9250

The auction report would tell you the grade of car your looking at buying when it was imported true ! But it would also tell you if it's been damaged whilst in Japan it also stops people who are unsure of what to look for in an imported car been scammed out of hard earned money HPI will give...
  20. G

is this to good to be true? 2004 facelift? £9250

If im been honest mate i would take a good look around Ask if the car has an auction report, the photographs are not the best and black cars are very good at hiding scuff and scratches.HPI can be carried out but will only give you indication of what the car has been involved in whilst its been...