Search results

1. maxvr6

Advice on rust

Hi Guys, Im having a go at fixing the rust on the rear of the car under the bumper, mostly its not too bad but ive found one area of concern. Its gone right through here so ive been exploring and got this far, now just wondering how i should attack it, does this need welding? Its between...
  2. maxvr6

Pistonheads DC5 PH Hero Review

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=30260
  3. maxvr6

What have i broke now?

Guys what have i broken? Its a sensor obviously but what is it, how much will it cost me and can i just glue it back together lol? Thanks in advance! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. maxvr6

Keith Michaels wins again!

Hi Guys, Thought I would let you know how I got on as I have lots of mods and need cheap track day cover. Also im 34 with 8 years NCB, no convictions or anything whatsoever. I got my renewal through from Keith Michaels at £585 up £44 from last years premium of £541, I wasn't happy! This is...
  5. maxvr6

Heater fan intermittent

Hi Guys, Since changing my heating control bulbs my fan speed switch has become intermittent. I thought it was the plug in the back of the heating control as I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started working again. But after a week of driving it I've realised the fan speed comes on...
  6. maxvr6

Meguiars Headlight Restoration Kit

Just spotted this on ebay, good deal for those with cloudy lights, being sold by Opie Oils :) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181156481669?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95&ff19=0
  7. maxvr6

Scuttle panel mod take 3?

So recently someone made a comment on here that nobody seems to modify their own scuttle panel anymore, and that got me thinking how would i modify it if i were to do it myself? I picked up a new Tegiwa intake a while ago and finally found the time to fit it thanks to the holidays, then it was...
  8. maxvr6

Underdrive Crank Pulley's

Hi Guys, I recently came across this concept of underdrive pulleys, and searching on here I have found it mentioned only 4 times and there is a hell of a lot of knowledge on this site. On Tegiwa's website (and lets just leave some peoples opinions on Tegiwa alone here please) they have just...
  9. maxvr6

Wheel Refurb Gloucestershire?

Hi Guys, Im looking to get a 4 wheel refurb done and trying to find some recommendations, but not finding much to be honest. Had a look on Pistonheads and Lepsons is highly regarded but no longer have a Swindon branch. Unfortunately i caught the rear driver side wheel on an annoyingly sharp...
  10. maxvr6

Bedford Autodrome Saturday 12th October

Just booked this last night, anyone else going? Would be great to see some other 5's on track :)
  11. maxvr6

Circuit of Wales gets the go ahead

This looks like it will be amazing, although its 2 years away if all goes smoothly, and there's still a lot of doubt surrounding the project :( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23246491
  12. maxvr6

Dude where's you car?

Thought this might be a bit of fun, but I can understand if people don't want to join in for fear of things being stolen or what not. Unfortunately I cant actually find my current car, but here's my old DC2 instead, damn I miss that car :(...
  13. maxvr6

Castle Combe 8th July

Just booked a full day open pitlane, its a cheap one at £169, anyone else planning on going? First track day of the year for me, would be great to see some other DC5's there for once :)
  14. maxvr6

Mugen Assist Meters

Ive just installed a second hand set of Mugen Assist Meters in my DC5, they're working all fine but they didnt come with any instruction manual of any kind. Mainly im interested in what the switches on the controller do, i understand the record and playback function but there are 4 dip...
  15. maxvr6

JDM Wind deflectors

Has anyone tried these rip off wind deflectors, just curious as i want a pair of wind deflectors but it seems the best price around for them is £135 which i think is a bit steep. The description doesnt say if they come with clips or with double sided tape, which from what i have been reading...
  16. maxvr6

New Honda Badge

Just received a new red Honda badge for the boot from an ebay supplier, its not genuine but as the ad states it is actually better than oem. Looking forward to sticking this on this weekend if i have time. For £17 it well worth it from ebay seller carbon_culture he doesnt appear to have any...
  17. maxvr6

Tarox Brake Discs

Hi Guys, Just thought i would let you all know of a new brake disc option for the DC5. At my last track day at castle combe september last year, i managed to warp my standard front discs so decided that an upgrade was in order, told this to my local (Power Station in Tewksbury) who suggested...
  18. maxvr6

Keith Michaels

Another happy customer from Keith Michaels insurance £605 fully comp with protected no claims, this time with all mods declared, as opposed to £675 renewal with A-Plan who only managed to knock £5 off last years premium. I'm 32 with 7 years NCB living in Cheltenham, mods declared were...