Search results

1. Y

centre caps

I had one centre cap that was really faded and wanted to replace it. I bought the H stickers from ebay in the hope to refurbished all of them but the red is not even a close match. So looked at replacement centre caps on ebay with only 1 for sale at £28 and this was marked this was just a rip...
  2. Y

Front splitter clips wanted

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230785208070?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  3. Y

Front Bumper & Headlight Removal

I also found these were a perfect fit and look nearly identical to the originals http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230785208070?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  4. Y

SVA Imports - AnyONE used them

I called them about 4 years ago looking at one of their lowest millage pristine ones they had in and the guy talked to me like a piece of crap!
  5. Y

Front Bumper & Headlight Removal

This was a lot of help thanks for the guide I changed my headlights at the weekend. Just to note the 2 10mm bolts n the bottom of the bumper soak in wd40 I've sheared the heads off both so will need drill and tapping :(
  6. Y

K-tuned billet shifter arm question

After a day of use town driving This might only be me but when you have gear selected I can't help but wiggle the gear lever (habit) the slack that used to be there is gone, it also gives a gated type of feel through the gears I've had my teg 5 years and after this install I just get urges to...
  7. Y

So fitted this earlier today 30-40 minute job It's s nice to have but I think the spring and bush would have simliar result. Going into 1st and 2nd just required a little more force. The return to centre for 3rd and 4th is much crisper but think that's due to the spring. Overall view-Little...
  8. Y

DC5 cluster rattle

Hi Guys Might be resurrecting an old thread but I had a rattle/vibration coming from the cluster area also this only developed after fitting engine mount inserts. It only happened in slow moving traffic so i started prodding around the cluster the plastic boss shroud couldn't find it. After a...
  9. Y

I got a little impatient waiting for code haha, so just ended up ordering.
  10. Y

Replacement Front Shock Mounts

DC5 and EP3 are the same Tegiwa confirmed this for me when I made the enquiry about their top mounts, Honda dealer are actually a little cheaper for top mounts compared to Tegiwa. Tegiwa £115.99 & Honda Dealer £108.12
  11. Y

Do EP3 Shock Top Mounts fit the DC5?

FYI Tegiwa supply these at £115.99 for the pair Honda dealer do these £108.09 for the pair both dealers OEM spec, EP3 and DC5 are the same. If you're happy with blueprint save yourself some cash
  12. Y

Just ordered one of these Shifter Arms, trying to keep the car OEM with minor tweaks just to keep age away from it where things become a little looser. My gears still feel pretty good but this I'm hoping will remove that little bit of "slack" any car gets with age.
  13. Y

How To...Adjust Your Clutch

Thanks for this my bite point was very low after a small adjustment it puts it in the middle to upper point on the pedal. The few turns of the rod makes quite a lot of difference, the rod only moved maybe 2 turns
  14. Y

EP3 Fog Light Switch Install (Via Power Mirrors)

Thanks for the write up, I installed this switch last night. Just confirm my local honda dealer supplied this switch for £14.63. This just makes the panel nice and removes the horrible generic switch they put in. Before After New camera on phone shows the little imperfections on the wrap...
  15. Y

How to - Fit Energy Suspension Engine Mount inserts

Thanks for this write up. I've done the transmission and front so far. The front mount - the clip holding the cable opposite the fan needs to be undone and metal clip bent upwards as said and some wriggling (little swearing also involved) on the removal and install it little more difficult to...
  16. Y

How To Fit Gearbox Mount Inserts

This was a lot of help just did mine at the weekend, just to note when undoing the bolts on the mount that are bolted to the chassis its a tight(ish) squeeze. Its one of them bolts where you flip the spanner numerous times just to get that extra degree of turn on the bolt but once loose can be...
  17. Y

Insuring a car with parents on as named drivers

Update from me for my years insurance on DC5 post code DN35 Named driver also on policy (female) Year 1 Admiral 26yr old 3 points claim Fault (write off) 2 NCB DC5 + Polo GTI £1550 (sold polo £350 refund but did a quote without and it was £1530 :wacko: ) Year 2 Keith Michaels 3 points...
  18. Y

windscreen replacement difficulties

This is not good i'm about to start a new policy with them through Keith Michaels :s
  19. Y

21 insurance costs for dc5?

If your doing insurance for a UKDM car then just use the web but for DC5 not calling is silly make sure all the details are correct also they often get it as a DC2 UKDM also :)
  20. Y

Impressed with Keith Michaels

Hello Been after a new quote for my DC5 over the last few days and Keith Michaels came up tops so here's a list of people i tried and the quotes they gave me. 27yrs, 3 points 4 year 6 months ago (so technically need to declare even though not on counter part anymore), accident claim 3 years 2...