Search results

1. big-pete

Guess the coilovers....

an old set of meister R Zetas- as the new ones have red adjusters ontop.
  2. big-pete

Ad08rs?

This- AD08R= great fast road/semi track tyre. AD08RS= harder/diffrent compound( not used personally but I want Max grip a all times) I have Cup2s and they are more track focused as they need some heat in them to work but offer more all out grip.
  3. big-pete

My new DC5, TPS issue?

so I actually do have a 5V supply- PC power supplies use them alot- i could just splice that onto it then and use that as a ref theoretically.. hmm
  4. big-pete

My new DC5, TPS issue?

Props to jimmer. mines doing this and its doing my swede in. ive got 3 new TPS sensors- didnt realise the voltage was such an arseache to dial in. Stupid question- can you dial it in off the car before fitting?
  5. big-pete

How to fit rear LCA’s, subframe brace & a tie bar.... on a budget

only thing I can think would be an issue with breaking is the LCA- and if thats the case just buy genuine LCAs and get the ASR/Beaks bar from wherever- Ive got one of these kits here now and I can say that there is a tiny difference between the LCAs and Genuine S2 ones- but- they both seem...
  6. big-pete

How to fit rear LCA’s, subframe brace & a tie bar.... on a budget

its a block of metal at the end of the day! Skunk2 use a 6061 ali- this should be about the same in strength. :) great guide!
  7. big-pete

Replacement radiator

Takes about 6L with the mishi from expierinece. bit of a pain to fit- would recomend using the mishi shroud aswell to keep it even easier.
  8. big-pete

New dc5r owner (soon) need advice for mods

Drive the car, work out what it needs then do that. Personally- handling mods come first- Tyres/bushes/coilovers/ARBS and then get a fast road setup.
  9. big-pete

Dc5 is

air ride and big wheels.
  10. big-pete

DC5 Weight saving

Are there any aftermarket parts that people want/need a weight for? I weighed some of the ultra light flys to find out the lightest- (These weights where measured on the actual item using a pretty acurate scale- but it could be that manufactureres change designs/materials so weight could...
  11. big-pete

Steering wheel locks/gearstick locks security question

A switch to disengage/engage the fuel pumps a good one, just make sure you hide the switch. easy job.
  12. big-pete

Spa/Ring Trip- Advice

go from hull, chill out on the ferry, if you where closer i would say stay the night in folkstone then go by tunnel and you will be there by 1pm :)
  13. big-pete

Spa/Ring Trip- Advice

ok,EDIT- I was going to keep this short but I got carried away- For hotels- go to Booking.com- my referal link is below- use it if you want it just means I get 15quid off my next stay. https://booki.ng/2Vv7Cwj :xcheers: The hotels/guesthouses are all great I have yet to stay in a bad one-...
  14. big-pete

Carbon Collective products

So, I tested Plat Glass at home on the thing that gets constant watery abuse- my glass shower screen, and after around 9/10months of at least daily showers/limescale remover and general cleaning it is still on there- I did a patch to test longevity/repelency. I Endorse this product. Repel is...
  15. big-pete

Yellowspeed ROAD Coilovers

ran b14s on my old cupra and my bocanegra- super comfy and really really high quality item. personally a bit to soft, and didnt go "low" enough for what i wanted but if thats not important the billstein is probably the best ROAD coilover going.
  16. big-pete

Gruppe M or Tegiwa intake???

have a GM on my teg, cant hear it cos the Ktuned manifold/exhaust system. rather a GM over tegM IMO. https://www.instagram.com/p/BhO61Q4BqHp/?hl=en&taken-by=big_pete23 my GM intake on the teg.
  17. big-pete

What powersteering fluid?

100% do not buy anything other than OEM ull break the rack if you use somthign else.
  18. big-pete

Stupid question... how do you drive a DC5?

tyres and suspention make the DC5 a proper B road weapon. wont be much that keeps up with a good driver in a Type R on sticky rubber with a decent suspention setup
  19. big-pete

Stupid question... how do you drive a DC5?

had a PD160 at 200hp/305ftlbs(daily) anda 240Hp/250ftlbs Bocanegra as my last cars. both have 100+FTLBS on my R, the diesel made peak tourqe at 2k rpm(all 300ftlbs!!) which made the car FEEL fast, but the speedo just didnt mimic the maddness inside the car. (Type R peak tourqe is 7k rpm so to...