Search results

1. hondamad2204

Vibrating when accelerating and turning right.

First of all, every CV joint has been taken apart, inspected and replaced if necessary. It started out last year, slight vibrating under load. Changed all suspension components imaginable for brand new OEM. All tyres were fine and balanced correctly so i got the outer cv joint changed on...
  2. hondamad2204

Large puff when engaging vtec.

Hi all, hopefully someone can put my mind at rest. Since fitting my used spoon bpipe upto my N1, (still have cat fitted) i have been occasionally seeing a large puff out the back through my wing mirror.... The rear bumper also has specs of soot on it too afterwards so i know it's quite large...
  3. hondamad2204

Snow foam recommendations

Hi all, currently using the autobrite HD lance and their own snow foam. But the time has come to buy new, so if anyone has any good recommendations, please let me know :) Im tempted with the auto finesse stuff at the mo. Regards James
  4. hondamad2204

How to - Replace Front Droplinks

Hopefully this will be of use to some. Took me under an hour, it's very straight forward to do so I shall try to be as thorough as possible. Caution - They are sided..so you cannot buy two of the same and fit either to which ever side you please! For this task you will need: Some...
  5. hondamad2204

dc5 inner CV joint

Hi all, my vibration has finally got so bad it has made it possible to see what the problem is... I have a lot of play in my drivers side driveshaft. Mainly The inner joint, that connects onto the intermediate shaft. Rather alot of movement after getting it on a ramp this morning. Now, I can...
  6. hondamad2204

power steering pump

Spent a fair amount of money on the Teg this last month getting rid of tick and rattling noises, and i go out to my car tonight and another has developed. I have poked and prodded and its the power steering pump that has s**t itself. lol you can put your finger on the casing, and as the...
  7. hondamad2204

Anyone tried this IACV?

Hi all, recently my car has started to slip back into its old rev hunting ways just 3 weeks or so since cleaning it. :( Done it a couple of times now, and all have been a success but now its getting stupid. I'm even contemplating getting a whole new TB from hond with all new sensors to...
  8. hondamad2204

Hel brake lines.....how are people finding them?

I have had a great opportunity to own a new set of these lines for a very very good price. I'm just curious to see how people are getting on with them after a few years of use? Read a few horror stories of them splitting etc... I know this could happen with any line, and hopefully only on...
  9. hondamad2204

Prepping alloys for paint...Advice

Hi folks, been doing abit of reading up about how to strip my recently aquired alloys, in preparation for paint. Im looking into alsorts of methods but what one person says, another disagrees. Lol. So... Is Nitromors safe or not?, is sanding by electronic sander too abrasive?, is doing by hand...
  10. hondamad2204

Gauges - help please

Right, so on import my car came with a set of gauges on the dash that were oil pressure, oil temp and water temp. Me being me...quite short, I stupidly asked for them to be removed as I couldn't quite see over the dash. haha (it also came over with a lowered seat rail). All cable,sandwich...
  11. hondamad2204

Advice on lacquering wind deflectors.

Hi Folks, I have an idea, but unsure if it would work or not..... My wind deflectors are looking rather tired, I have compounded, Scratch X'd, waxed, sealed etc etc many a time, but like the common problem with headlights, they seem to always go cloudy again. Now I'm not too fussed about...
  12. hondamad2204

S.P.D Automotive... great help. :)

I think it's fair this company gets some thanks as do others, ... Well, some of you may or may not know, but I had quite alot of trouble with sourcing some DC5 drivehafts back in Febuary. Any way long story short I didnt need them in the end, but Paul Hughes of SPD Automotive has been...
  13. hondamad2204

Billet Aluminium shifter bushes..... worth while?

Recently had a refurbish on my Gearbox, new clutch etc.... just wondering if its worth while me changing the shifter bushes too? For the £20 or so, is it worth while to replace them from the rubber OEM parts that have covered 90,000miles of stress?? Maybe some other parts you guys may...
  14. hondamad2204

gaskets needed when cleaning the IACV?

Hi people, i'm in need of an answer :xgrin: . I have tried searching but cannot find the answer i'm after. I would like to clean my IACV to get it running a bit sweeter in the mornings, but to get to the black unit itself, I understand the whole Throttle Body has to come off? In doing that...
  15. hondamad2204

Driveshaft measurment request.

Hi you wonderfull lot, im after a mahoosive favour if someone would be so kind :). I need to know the measurment from end to end of both drivers and passengers side OEM driveshafts. (Needs to be a fully compressed measurment) ;). Would greatley appreciate it. Hope someone can help.. James
  16. hondamad2204

Think my clutch is slipping.....

Over the cold period and last few weeks the teg has decided to not like second untill a warm up drive. Now, i have posted about this recently, changed oil etc and im aware of the "common crunch" if you like, when cold. Thats no longer the issue, Mine just feels as though its not actually...
  17. hondamad2204

radiator :repair, or buy new??

After my radiator giving up at the weekend, im ineed of a new oem one, or a refurbishment. Which ever is likely to be cheaper. RAC man said it was only a little hole, he poured some posh rad weld in to get me home, but i want to get it fixed properly. Does anyone know of any garages in the...
  18. hondamad2204

Another gearbox oil question...

Right quick question, Just to clarify i have always used Honda MTF3 gearbox oil and up to now had no problems what so ever! In this chilly weather we have been having recently, my gearbox almost seems to have a "warm up" period in the mornings. I don't drive it hard, especially in the...