Search results

1. E

What is my dc5 worth?

My NHB 2002 C-pack (78k miles) is for sale on the forum and on Autotrader. I’ve had a few offers which I declined but not really sure what it’s worth. There’s some tidy examples (which mine definitely is) that are trying to get £19k! But then other good ones at around £14k. What is a good...
  2. E

Sticky Number plates

Is Chris cc still the man for sticky number plates? I’ve sent him a message but no response. Has anyone got his contact details they could send me privately? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. E

B Pipe Options - Kakimoto (advice wanted)

I have a Kakimoto Regu cat back system. Earlier this year I pulled the baffles out of the centre section because they had collapsed inside. Now its too loud. What options do I have? - Take it off and get baffles put back in? Not sure how much this would be or even if its possible? - Could I...
  4. E

Kakimoto exhaust baffles

I was fixing a leaking exhaust gasket this morning when I found this! Is there a way an exhaust place can fix this.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk<br /><br />
  5. E

OEM air box vs aftermarket Induction

This is a widely discussed topic on most forums. I've been searching for info because recently I went back to my OEM airbox from Tegiwa GM and honestly apart from the massive sound disadvantage I think it performs better. Is it just me????? I just thought I'd share an article I found, its from...
  6. E

OEM Manifold question

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. On the OEM manifold, at the 2 into 1 section next to the rear mount bolt is it supposed to have a flat spot? I noticed it but couldn't tell if it had been damaged. There seems to be enough clearance between the bolt so I'm curious.
  7. E

ARBs or Coilovers?

My current set up is Eibach springs with FRSU but I want to stiffen it up / reduce roll. I don't know whether to fit thicker ARBs or opt for coilovers. I have a daily hack so the teg is mainly B-roads with the odd track day. Opinions wanted please, great if you have had both set ups.
  8. E

Converted clocks - Still limited to 118mph

My dc5 has been converted to mph (speedo and odometer) but it still has the Japanese speed limiter enabled. I always thought that when the car is converted the speed limiter is automatically removed because it is never actually reached. Can anyone shed some light on this please? I have looked...
  9. E

Constant resistance while driving

Hi, I've recenty noticed a kind of resistance in power delivery. The best way I can describe it is like driving with the handbrake on a bit or having a very dirty or blocked air filter. There are no fault lights, oil is fine, vtec engages normally. I have checked that the calipers aren...
  10. E

Daily commute in your dc5

I'm still searching for my dc5 so my commute of 50 miles a day is done in my dc2. Just wondering what the dc5 owners on here are averaging on their daily drives? Please post up :)
  11. E

Panel Alignment help

Hi all, I've been on the forum for a while but still looking for my first dc5 to replace my dc2. I recently viewed an Arctic blue dc5 that I like. I couldn't fault the car (very fussy) but then I noticed that the driver's side wing was standing proud of the door. I had a good look for any signs...