Search results

1. D

Borrowed an FD2 for an hour :)

As many of you know from one of my previous posts, my DC5 ownership will be coming to an end soon. In fact I plan to have the car advertised for sale at Japfest next weekend. We currently also own a brand new Jazz. It's a great little car really but as you can imagine it's a real slouch...
  2. D

What radiator hoses are people with airboxes running?

I was all excited about fitting my Mugen airbox Saturday, only do find it wouldn't fit due to me running the hybrid racing radiator hoses. They've been modified in shape from the oem route to run with a cai system and as a result I can't currently fit my airbox! I wondered about getting a set...
  3. D

Shampoo

I may have missed it but astonishingly there doesn't appear to be a thread about shampoo? Like all other detailing products everyone will have their favourites so care to share what your choice is? I've just switched to this: From this: First impressions are I prefer the new stuff. The...
  4. D

Rolling road following cam chain replacement

Does anyone think some running in needs to be done directly after new chain, guides and tensioner or should it be fine to go straight on the rollers? Am half tempted to go via eurospec on my return journey home to Wales in a fortnight's time once I've had the work done at TGM
  5. D

Spare wheel well

Bit of a random question but has anyone tried putting a standard oem wheel in the spare wheel well? Does it fit? Obviously it's more weight to carry an extra wheel but considering the amount of embarrassment saved in having to actually run a space saver.... :xaiweb5:
  6. D

Exhaust tone - tutorial

So basically I've had a standard oem exhaust system on my car since I've owned it and despite being very refined it's just a little too quiet considering I'm currently running an oem intake too so I wanted a change and to perhaps unlock a bit more power. I saw newyorkaddict was getting rid of...
  7. D

Complete guide to detailing

Hi all, I've been trying to get myself more well read in the minefield that is car detailing. I came across the Polished Bliss website who not only sell some excellent products, offer 10% discount on orders over £75 and do free postage on ANY ORDER, they also have an absolutely fantastic guide...
  8. D

Keeping calipers looking their best

Any suggestions? Does anybody use wax or sealant? I'd always assumes the high temperatures would stop that from working? Anything else you use to actually clean them up at all?
  9. D

Anybody want to see an Enzo getting the full treatment?

Nothing I can really say other than "WOW" http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/blog/2012/04/enzo-ferrari-ne-plus-ultra/
  10. D

Alternators

Had a search on google but cant find a definitive answer. I'm looking to change my alternator as I've had a whining noise for over a year now. I've isolated it to something on the aux belt as the noise goes away if you start the car without the belt. I've replaced tensioner pulley, Crank...
  11. D

Aftermarket fuel rails

I've not managed to find much info on these so would be interested to get people's thoughts. I know there isn't a performance enhancement and it's purely for bling factor unless you're running big power but are many of you running them? I've noticed they don't normally have the regulator part...
  12. D

Improved Clutch Master Cylinder

Came across this the other day which intrigued me. As well as an improved design it also has metal internals as opposed to plastic: http://hondaswap.co.uk/hybrid-racing-8th-gen-clutch-master-cylinder-upgrade.html The question is, will it fit the DC5? Its advertised as being for the 8th Gen...
  13. D

EP3 injectors

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did try searching but didn't come across a definitive answer. Simply, are DC5 and EP3 injectors the same in terms of flow? I know they'll physically the same fitment but are they both 310cc? Cheers, Dave
  14. D

Hard waxes/sealants in winter

Just looking for an answer from you detailing gurus about a problem that's arisen since the temperature is starting to drop through autumn. I bought a hard petroleum based sealant particularly for the winter as they seem to last a little longer and offer better protection than the stuff...
  15. D

IACV cleaning poll

Following on from all the posts we get about IACV issues I had this theory that open filter designs could contribute to this. http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34187-idle-control-valve-again/ Thought it would be interesting to see who has had IACV issues, who hasn't and whether...
  16. D

Whats your preferred coolant?

This seemed like maybe the most appropriate place to post but apologies if anyone thinks otherwise! I know a lot will say standard Honda is good enough but does anyone think there are advantages going for something else out there? I was looking at this stuff...
  17. D

Stone chip protection

Anyone seen this stuff or a similar product? Would be interested to know if anyone is using it? http://www.amazon.com/3M-90000-Paint-Defender-Spray/dp/B00BSKYM82 Stone chips are so unsightly I'm quite tempted to apply this to newly sprayed panels, mainly front bumper and bonnet. Apparently it...
  18. D

Rsx front bumper

With a dc5 front bumper commanding some pretty crazy prices second hand is a new rsx bumper a sensible option, with the appropriate lip obviously? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=230850914139 Only difference I can see is that the brake ducts are integrated as...
  19. D

Fuchs Velvetone Car Wash & Wax

Just wanted to say I had a free sachet of this to try from my last order with Opie. Thought I'd try it out yesterday and I was actually really impressed! I use Meguirs NXT at the moment but once I've used it up I think I might change. I found the Fuchs felt much more soapy so easier to work...
  20. D

Stock airbox - how does it actually work?

I'm in the process of refitting the stock airbox and am just getting everything together that I need to. Just looking at the way the whole thing is in compartments got me thinking how does it actually work and why has it been designed that way? So the air gets sucked primarily from the...