Search results

1. CJN

Mileage problems / BIMTA certificates and selling a DC5

Hello everyone. Long term member but hardly visit! I have a question regarding what to do when selling a DC5 when your car odometer wasn‘t changed to reflect miles instead of kilometres. My teg was imported by Torque GT in 2011 I think it was and then sold to a guy in Scotland who drove down...
  2. CJN

Are the Injen and AEM Reservoir tanks the same?

Just wondering as I'm reading different things and would like a sure answer before I order this one; http://www.injenonline.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=in&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=RT&Product_Code=X-6027 I was supplied one last year from a seller but it doesn't fit. This is for the AEM...
  3. CJN

Bought AEM Intake but has wrong washer bottle and rubber mount

Hi. Does anyone know where I can get the CORRECT washer bottle for http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32785-aem-cold-air-intake/]THIS[/url] system as the one that was supplied to me is wrong and has caused me a lot of head ache and money to sort out. /Rage. Also the rubber mount...
  4. CJN

Drivers side headlight grief!

I'm having trouble with my Driver's side bulb. It will randomly flicker a few times then shut its self off. I have to turn my lights on and off a few times to get it to work! So annoying. I'm not sure what to do about it. Do you guys have links to Ballast kits? I feel like just replacing the lot.
  5. CJN

White wheels

They're fun to keep clean. :-))) Yes. Anyway, what products do you guys use to keep your wheels clean? I find I have to wash (polski) the car every other week. I was tempted to go black. But white looks awesome when clean... :( Edit- I tried searching but I keep getting errors.
  6. CJN

Drivers side head light

Driving home earlier and my driver side light started to rave to the music. Flashed 4-5 times then was OK. Anyone else had this problem?
  7. CJN

Drivers side mirror not retracting

Hello, This morning a pigeon was introduced to my drivers side mirror (RIP). Now the mirror will not fold in after pushing the button. The passenger side still works fine, and there is no visible damage after the bird collided with the car. Maybe it's become unplugged? Please advise. Carl.
  8. CJN

Service soon...

Hi people. My car is on about 60,000 miles now and my service is coming up! I was just wondering what you guys would get done at this stage? Would I be better off buying the oil, plugs etc. myself? Also, I read that the valve clearances should be done around the 60k mark, but are they the...
  9. CJN

Jet washing the 'teg

Hey all, Is it best to avoid using the jet wash near the Type-R stickers on either side of my car? I can imagine they would slide off.. Sounds a little silly now that I've read it back. But when in doubt...
  10. CJN

Are there different types of DC5 seats?

Hey, Just wondered if the DC5 ever had different type seats, like black Recaro stitching instead of white, different shape etc. As mine do not have the white stitching. I asked AndyCreeDC5 why and he said they came like this from Torque GT. Is this normal? Or have the seats been swapped...
  11. CJN

Hello

Hi everyone, nice forum! :) I'm Carl aka. CJN from 'Type-R-Owners' forums. I don't own a Type-R yet, but I'm in the market for one... Thought I'd sign-up here, as I'm looking to purchase a DC5 as soon as possible really. Check my wanted thread if you're selling. Anyway, look foward to...