Search results

1. chrex

DC5 going tomorrow...

Well i've found a buyer for my DC5 and it's going tomorrow if all goes to plan. I'm sat here tonight looking at pics of it and i am really going to miss it! :( I can't bring mysef to put a towbar on it though, so it can't stay unfortunately. Being replaced with a V70R, but i know that driving...
  2. chrex

Think the DC5 is going to have to move on...

So, i've been thinking over the last couple of weeks that i need to stop spending so much money on my cars and as im getting married and moving down to Wales next year, as well as wanting to get back into my sailing properly again - the DC5 just isnt suitable for me anymore :( I will likely be...
  3. chrex

One of my gbox mount bolts is knackered

Hi guys, just found an issue with one of the box bolts. There are 3bolts that hold the box to the mount. 2that come up and nuts go on them and one bolt that goes down into thr box. The one that goes down and uses a bolt has pulled the thread out the box. I suspect its been like this for a...
  4. chrex

Champ white - anyone had any dramas with sprays?

Hi guys, After a bit of urgent help if anyone can. I'm having my bumper resprayed after some bellpiece reversed into it. Now the bodyshop have painted it once and it came out totally wrong! Its way more of a white...rather than the 'dirty cream' that Champ white is. They are really...
  5. chrex

Shell closed - need some reassurance

Hey guys, My worst nightmare about moving to my new base has happened...the local Shell that was really the only one within reasonable distance has closed. I am OCD with my fuel - will drive anywhere to find VPower, but now the closest is 45mins away :( So i have had to put in Tesco 99 as its...
  6. chrex

Black smoke on 'tec

Hey guys. I'm not flagging a problem here, as i know that it's unburnt fuel and it happened with my Accord too...but i get a fair bit of black smoke and a pretty strong 'rich' smell when im gunning the teg. I was just wondering if there might be a reason for this and is there a way to clear...
  7. chrex

Right - heat shield wants to get thrown

Just a quick one gents. My driveshaft heat shield is rattling horrendously and at 5k upwards it sounds like a french car...so i want to know if i can take it off without causing issues with the driveshaft or has anyone got the part number for the bolts that hold it on with the rubber buffers on...
  8. chrex

ECU question...

Hi guys, Does anyone know whether the ECU monitors oil pressure/temp? As it won't engage vtec until things are warmed up and running right - i was thinking that it might. Looking at getting an OBD monitor and wondered if oil temp/pressure would be displayed as thats something i'd like to be...
  9. chrex

Decent opinions - RCA's

Hi gents! Right, it looks like i'm going to have to replace the ball joints on teggy so - in prep for coilovers, hardrace are getting alot of my money. I've had a look at the Hardrace and Buddyclub RCA's, and there is about £60 difference. I'd prefer to go for the hardrace ones, so has...
  10. chrex

2 Days spent detailing - and then...

...some absolute c*** decides to reverse into it. Was at Oulton for BTCC last weekend, so i did the obligatory pre-event detail, taking the best part of 2 days. Car looked awesome, was made up with the results as i'd tried some new products. Tuesday comes, i've got to drive 2.5 hours to...
  11. chrex

Hardrace Track rod ends

Morning guys, Just after some advice on the Hardrace trackrod ends, and whether they are any good compared to just putting the Honda ones on. Mine are going to need replacing soon and i'm looking at putting a set of coilovers on in the next 12 months so i've got that in mind too. Has anyone...
  12. chrex

Another thumbs for greenlight

Well i spoke to them today after seeing a thread on another forum about them, and my god their prices are fantastic. They have smashed my current renewal price and i don't think Brentacre are gonna get anywhere near them to be honest, so i think i'm going to be covered with these for the next...
  13. chrex

New recall possibly...

Looks like we may have to take some DC5's in to Honda. They are recalling vehicles manufactured between 2000 & 2k4 due to an airbag problem. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22104702
  14. chrex

Amazing what a difference the simple things make

Well...spent the day doing some homecare on the teg. :) Wasn't much but i took my time and enjoyed being out in the sun. Needed to replace front discs and pads and then do an oil/filter change. Brakes - OEM Brembo discs (grooved) and Ferodo DS2500 pads. Oil/filter - Millers CFS 5w/40 and Hamp...
  15. chrex

Tyre pressures

Just curious as to what pressures people run their tyres at - specifically those of us with 225/45's. On the door sticker its got the OEM (215) tyres as needing 2.2 bar - which seems a lot. I run 225/45 RE070's, and the outer shoulder seems to be well off the tarmac with the initial wear...
  16. chrex

Tyres Rainsports vs. T1R's

Hey guys, Been asking about to try and help with a decision, but i wasn't able get on here last night so couldn't see what the DC5 community had to say. I need a pair of new front tyres for my teg and have narrowed down the options to between Uniroyal's Rainsport 2 and Toyo T1R's. Same price...
  17. chrex

Hey guys - finally got a DC5

Hey guys, just thought i'd introduce myself. I'm chris, am from the Wirral, near Liverpool...but being in the Army i am based in Dorset. Bought a cracking DC5 on friday after dreaming about one for years. Am made up with it. Hoping it'll serve me well for a few good years. Looking to learn...