Search results

1. Riz

1st ever break down!

Could be that the starter motor didn't disengage properly. Btw, opening the bonnet when there is smoke coming out of it is a bit risky. I've seen on tv a few times of people setting fire to themselves doing that :(
  2. Riz

'Budget' tyre choice?

Although Re070s wont clear huge amounts of standing water I never had any problems with them through winter. I don't see the point in buying winters unless driving through snow, as you are stuck with the tyres through next summer (and possibly the next) unless you spend even more money to swap...
  3. Riz

Newbie from Great Yarmouth

After what has felt like a very short year of ownership I waved goodbye to my car last night. It was fantastic to drive, and I can see why people keep coming back to these cars. I've not been into any sort of car scene before, but since owning the Integra I've gone to shows and regularly meet up...
  4. Riz

Difficulty selecting 2nd

^ That's the first thing to try. Providing the gearbox is working smoothly when up to temperature and at speed I'm sure it will be fine.
  5. Riz

What could be putting people off?

To be fair I was the same when I was buying. I was lucky to fine mine 'only' 110 miles away!
  6. Riz

What could be putting people off?

This is the problem I'm having. I'm getting interest from people, but the difficulty is convincing people to spend a day (and money on fuel) to take a look at the car.
  7. Riz

More headlight woes

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look when I have time :)
  8. Riz

More headlight woes

The bulbs are defiantly correct, as I bought them. The person I bought the car from replaced a ballast shortly before I bought it. I'll remove the lights to take a look. If they are genuine will they have 'Honda' written on them? They also seem under powered, so you are probably correct. I...
  9. Riz

More headlight woes

I had trouble with my car's headlight beam pattern for the mot about a year ago (if you remember) and I'm back having problems with it again. This time the lights were adjusted for the mot, and I now have a split beam pattern. The lights appear to have two cut offs, where one is low down (a few...
  10. Riz

one day/temporary insurance

Find someone insured by a company that will cover it, and have them drive it back for you. That or trailer it. Not sure what else you can do :(
  11. Riz

one day/temporary insurance

If you have 'drive other cars', do the test drive under your own insurance. (Be careful though as there are a lot of terms and conditions). I couldn't find a company for temp cover for after I bought it, but my insurer (Admiral) added it to my policy for 24 hours for £17.50.
  12. Riz

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 ?

This^ RE070s are more than I can ask for even in the wet.
  13. Riz

I need Vtec again!

Welcome to the forum. Short commutes rule! DC5s are good on fuel anyway, so it's nothing to worry about. I hardly ever get rained on, which is surprising considering how much people moan about it :xhuh:
  14. Riz

Your finest reflection shot.

That looks really good xthumbup I'll have to go out and find me a puddle.
  15. Riz

This Girl's Rare Integra DC5 Will Make Honda Fanboys Happy

There is so much about that video that is great :xnworthy: Good find.
  16. Riz

If you had to swap the DC5

After reading about the new Koenigsegg today I think it would have to be one of these: http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29542
  17. Riz

Don't EVER use PowerFlow [Damage + Mis-selling

Whatever happened with this?
  18. Riz

Brentacre admin fees

Admiral charge £50, always cancelled over the phone no problem. You've been charged a lot, and I'd be peeved too. Always worth reading the t's and c's before taking the policy though.
  19. Riz

Soon To Be Owner

Best. Newbie. Post. Ever. Good luck with your DC5 hunt, and thanks for sharing the pics :)
  20. Riz

HOT day snetterton feb 22nd!

I'll probably take a drive down if I have time :)