Search results

1. Wingnuttzz

Kärcher Under Chassis Cleaner

I've got a Nilfisk pressure washer and you get an underbody attachment for it, its just a 90degree nozzle with a very wide spray pattern (so reasonably low pressure), makes rinsing the underside and wheel arches very easy!!
  2. Wingnuttzz

Fitting FN2 type r seats in DC5

Should be bolt on fit to the DC5 seat rails as they are all Recaro's. So Evo Recaro's, EK9 and DC2 Recaro seats etc should be a bolt on fit.
  3. Wingnuttzz

Fitting FN2 type r seats in DC5

I'm going to have a stab in the dark and say you will need to do some welding to attach rails that fit DC5 to the FN2 seats. I fitted some FN2 seats to my VW t5 van and remember angle grinding the seat rail bolt brackets off of the seat rail to give myself a flat rail to which I made an adapter...
  4. Wingnuttzz

P/S pump or steering rack? Groaning like a good'un

Could it be the top mounts / spring bind? Spraying a bit of wd40 or similar up there would be a quick way to check. We currently have a t5 van with shagged top mounts and it groans and creaks like mad when manoeuvering. Got new top mounts, just need a impact gun to get the top mount nuts off...
  5. Wingnuttzz

Buddy Club vs M2 Seat rail

Buddyclub, M2 and SPD seat rails are all the same. I have had all in different Type-r's and they are all a poor fit, very stiff to slide and rattle/squeak. OMP do subframes for the EP3 at least but they generally end up with the seat being mounted way to high. I'd be looking at getting a side...
  6. Wingnuttzz

Pistonheads feature - who's famous??

Nice little piece on Pistonheads about the DC5. https://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-spottedykywt/honda-integra-type-r-dc5--spotted/36555 Who's famous and got a free bit of advertising to help sell up?? haha
  7. Wingnuttzz

Anyone tried this IACV?

I ran an S90 70mm Throttle body on my car when I had it and it had a manual idle adjustment screw (can't remember where about) but basically it just stopped the butterfly fully closing. Unsure if the OEM throttle body has a manual adjustment or not.
  8. Wingnuttzz

Genuine Mugen Spoiler value?

I think I sold mine for around the £500 mark if I remember correctly, it was genuine, painted nighthawk black with the blade and ends left in carbon. Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
  9. Wingnuttzz

Regrets!?? Wishes?? Opinions!?

My biggest regret had the potential to be the best, choosing the wrong person to map my Toda ITB's.
  10. Wingnuttzz

Car feels a bit erratic under acceleration

Tyre pressures, tyre brands (premium and matching across the axle), and wheel alignment will all have an effective. The fact that the car has a LSD will cause some tramlining under load on poor roads as it will just try and follow the camber of the road. Alignment can get around it to an...
  11. Wingnuttzz

Cracked discs.

Wow, that is quite a crack. I'm going to guess they are the SPD ones as I can't think of anyone else who does 2 piece without going for aftermarket calipers too.
  12. Wingnuttzz

Fuel hard line &.....

If i'm following you correctly its the EVAP system, so a breather for the fuel tank to prevent it vacuuming. If trace the hose it goes into the hardpipe on the side of the engine, into a small canister then a sensor on the throttle body. You can remove the all the stuff engine bay, disable the...
  13. Wingnuttzz

Baffled sump inserts

CPL dropin is the same as the Clockwise one, and I have never heard of anyone having any issues running these. Easy drop in solution. Can easily install DIY by lowering the subframe (4 bolts - remove front 2 and slacken rear 2 from memory) and remove sump bolts, break seal and tidy up, fit...
  14. Wingnuttzz

Show me your tailpipes from the side

When I fitted a Mugen Twinloop I also noticed how far in the bumper it sat, one thing I really didn't like about it. Think its normal though, just they way it is.
  15. Wingnuttzz

Winter Tyres

Depends what width of wheel you are running in my opinion. I'm running standard wheels on the Golf so I went for the OEM sized tyre. So on the DC5, on OEM wheels i'd probably go for 215 for winters with what you saying being correct - narrower is better in winter. In an ideal situation you'd...
  16. Wingnuttzz

Winter Tyres

I would pretty much everyone uses non studless tyres in the UK. I've just fitted Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Gen1 winter tyres to our Golf MK6 GTD after they won the Evo Winter Tyre Test and first impressions are very good. They are the XL ones so have a stiff enough sidewall for the golf...
  17. Wingnuttzz

Sticky foam on spoiler attachments

The other side of that is though is that you have the spoiler in direct contact with the boot lid moving ever so slightly eating away at the paint until the boot goes rusty. Look at the number of old evo's and imprezas with rusty boots.
  18. Wingnuttzz

Hose sizes and recommendations

One is the brake booster and the other is for the EVAP system from the fuel tank (the one with the little canister on it before it gets to the throttle body). Both can easily replaced with running vacuum grade hoses quite cheaply. However, that piece of metal from memory is a bit more involved...
  19. Wingnuttzz

HSD MonoPro Coilovers

Crickey, those pictures of the rear dampening adjusters don't look right at all, I can't remember how close they were but certainly they were never that close before... C&S Evo 7 - The rear height is adjusted by winding in and out the bottom of the shock (black bit inside the spring) from the...
  20. Wingnuttzz

HSD MonoPro Coilovers

You'll have to get a picture bud as I'm still struggling to follow. I can't think what is that close? You can have the dampening different front to rear, depends on driving style and personal preference. Muck about and see what you like. Got to think that people with the rear of the car...