Search results

1. dk123

Hi mate. Just wondered if you are still doing the front sticky plates? Cheers!

Hi mate. Just wondered if you are still doing the front sticky plates? Cheers!
  2. dk123

Blue carpet & blue recaro cleaning help

I used woolite on mine diluted in a spray bottle. There was a great guide on using this somewhere online. Really made a big difference on my red recaros 👍🏼
  3. dk123

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

I've got the Vanner one Rom and it goes back super far - I'm 6'2 and I can't get close to the pedals when it's all the way back (it basically touches the rear seat) 👍🏼 I love mine but then I am quite tall & like sitting low.
  4. dk123

Borrowed an FD2 for an hour :)

Digging the casual look 😏😎 pleased it went well mate!
  5. dk123

Brake advice

Pleased we all suffer from the squeals haha. Reverse braking is definitely more of an attention grabber 🙈
  6. dk123

Brake advice

I love the ds2500's - really big difference over my previous teg with OEM set up. However the neighbours must think my brakes are knackered with the crazy brake squeal as mentioned by Cali. I now find it mildly amusing haha.
  7. dk123

Borrowed an FD2 for an hour :)

Great review mate. It certainly seems like a great car especially if there is a family need involved 👍🏼
  8. dk123

OEM wheel colour choice

I know the pain with the white alloys. After any drive they would be dirty and I had quite a few products on them. I'm now running a kind of matt black and they are so much easier to deal with. On my blue teg I had a dark grey colour and I really liked that too - bit stealthy and great for...
  9. dk123

Group Buy – HKS lowered seat rail - £130

Mine came with the car luckily (I'm the lucky owner of Dotty's DC5). However in my previous teg it was always a mod I wanted to do. It definitely adds to the experience and you do feel a bit more connected...as weird as that sounds. The difference between this and the passenger seat is amazing...
  10. dk123

Group Buy – HKS lowered seat rail - £130

Hey Crazylegs, I've got a Vanner one which is really low and I'm 6'1" and it's a really nice driving position - I way prefer it to normal. My passenger is standard and it feels really high now! I'm not far from North Wales so if I head over (which I do at least two/three times a month) I'll give...
  11. dk123

DC5 British Touring Car Championship Winner 2005 &2006

That's great thanks. Yeah I love watching the BTCC races - even the older ones!
  12. dk123

DC5 British Touring Car Championship Winner 2005 &2006

That's amazing - are there any good videos of these in action online anywhere from that season? Thanks for sharing the pics!
  13. dk123

Newbie from cheshire

Car looks great mate. Very clean. Both myself and mike (sweet black DC5/volks alloys) live Ellesmere Port ways so it would definitely be good to get everyone together! Congrats on the job if you head to Aus - cool country.
  14. dk123

Championship White dc5 cleaning help

Similar to the guys above - when I picked mine up some the importers I gave it the once over that included snowfoam, claying, washing, polishing, poorboys sealant, Autoglym HD wax which I rate highly. I just searched a lot on here - loads of amazing advice on here from some incredibly experience...
  15. dk123

Cleaning up wind deflectors

Hey Dave, Are you selling a set? If you are then I'd be mega keen to buy them from you - if I've read your post wrong just ignore me haha :xgrin: Cheers
  16. dk123

Another awaiting newbie on the lookout

I believe the alarm is about £300 mate for a really good TOAD model. That's fully fitted for when you pick it up and drive home :-)
  17. dk123

Hey mate - oh just annoying questions that he has probably heard a million times about how long it takes once it lands in England, questions about servicing, alarm etc etc. He has been super helpful and I literally can't wait to make the trip to Torque :-)
  18. dk123

Yes as Rom days DO not go to marinetraffic and watch every movement the boat does!!! Haha. Another vote for Torque GT from me - I've been dealing with Tristan and they are super helpful and quick to reply and answer a number of annoying questions from myself. Like the other guys have mentioned...
  19. dk123

Second time around

That's a pretty useful profession for fitting an alarm! Cool I think i will have a word with Torque GT about fitting an alarm so it is all ready to go. The head unit is a good shout too - got to have some music for the first drive. Well the car is champ white with red interior which is what I...
  20. dk123

Second time around

Yes mate - import direct. Seemed like the best thing to do for me. Obviously just got to have a bit patience and not go mad waiting! Right I'll blame Ste for my life being dominated by checking that site! I bet you can't wait. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. What are you planning to do...