Search results

1. andrewv4

Mugen manifold and cat

Hey if its my old one, just remember come mot time to make sure the tester gets the cat hot otherwise they cant get proper readings
  2. andrewv4

Drunk driver took out my teg :(

I prefere the sg9 compared to the sg5, make sure you take it to duncan at surrey rolling road to get the best out of her
  3. andrewv4

After a few months of owning and putting nearly 1000 miles on i can def tell you it runs better than my old teg and i get more miles out of it as well, Duncan at surrey rolling road managed to get 320bhp with 350 ftlbs torque that was just with a k&n typoon induction kit.
  4. andrewv4

So far so good, I do miss the sound of vtec though.It does feel faster than my old teg which is surprising when you look at it and it handles really well as well. Taking it to surrey rolling road in a few weeks to get it mapped and see what it produces.
  5. andrewv4

After nearly 3 months im back on the road now, couldnt bare the thought of another Dc5 after all the time and effort i put into it over the last 7 years. Ive gone with a 2006 subaru forester sti until i can find a decent fd2, loads of space and goes like a rocket.
  6. andrewv4

Yeah he was arrested on scene
  7. andrewv4

My dad went down to the police pound yesterday to pick up bits in the cabin i'd left, the ARC box is destroyed and the engine is so bent that the mugen header is probably not worth fixing. I doubt there is anything on that car worth selling. The insurers will get back to me by next week so ill...
  8. andrewv4

After 8 years of owning a truly magnificent car, its life was cut short on monday when a drunk driver in a transit slammed into me. How i managed to walk away from this crash is beyond me. I just want to thank everyone for posting information and builds on their cars as this helped me work on...
  9. andrewv4

Ulez tax and living in london

Sorry guys I've been in Canada the last 2 weeks. There is no cover letter. If you go on the ulez website and type in your reg,when the next page loads up go to the section that says enquery it has a section where you can send them document evidence.
  10. andrewv4

cclondon@cclondon.com is where i sent the details to
  11. andrewv4

Emissions most likely, maybe this is a sneaky way of trying to find all those with full race exhausts with no cat? Either way thats the instructions they gave me and it took about a month for them to get back to me.
  12. andrewv4

Quick update, send tfl a scanned copy of your mot and v5 document if your car is coming up as having to pay the ulez charge and they will only update your car. I asked if they can change the database for all Dc5's and they said they could not and that every individual owner would have to...
  13. andrewv4

I've contacted Tfl giving details and specs for all k20 engines, just waiting for them to email me back and ill update on here.
  14. andrewv4

Ive typed my reg and other integra registrations in and it confirms that DC5's will have to pay the ulez fee, however the Fd2s ive put in are exempt
  15. andrewv4

Hey guys, we had an information leaflet come through the post today about keeping London's air quality cleaner and how the mayor wants to charge us £12.50 to drive cars on the outskirts of inner London. Unfortunately I live right on the boarder where these charges are going to take place and...
  16. andrewv4

Electric RsX?

I've just come back from my holiday in San Francisco and my cousin showed me some very interesting cars while i was out there. A shop we visited converts standard cars into electric using tesla parts, one of the ones they were working on was a corvette z06 and there was an Acura Rsx in the...
  17. andrewv4

Handbrake warning light on permanently!

I had this problem, the relay had gone, had to change the whole fuse box under the steering wheel. Cost me over £400 from honda a few years back but check integrasella see if you can get a second hand one for 50 quid as a quick fix. Here is where you can pick up a new one...
  18. andrewv4

Insurance for those in their 30s

Unfortunately its the post code for north london which has bumped it up. I looked for a quote where my grand parents live in rugby which is a nice quiet country village and was quoted £406
  19. andrewv4

Just to update Greenlight saved the day and offered me 469.99 for the year, very happy with it.
  20. andrewv4

So my renewal is due at the end of the month and i have just been quoted £569.35, up £30 from last year. I'm 32, live in north london and have 12 years ncb, no accidents or convictions and have owned the car coming up to 6 years. I also have a full mugen header with sports cat and the...