Search results

1. DC5Jack

Seat rails

Cheers mate, guess I'm on the look out for a new drivers side seat rail then
  2. DC5Jack

Seat rails

Does anybody know if the driver and passenger seat rails are interchangeable? My drivers seat is flopping about on the rails but the passenger side is rock solid. Just wondered if I can change them over or if they are side specific Jack
  3. DC5Jack

Wind deflectors

Cheers mate. I'll keep my eye out for a second hand pair but I'm not paying £300 for 2 bits of plastic. I might pick up a set of the climair ones as they're reasonably priced. I cant believe it was the passenger side one was the one to come off. The drivers side one has been loose and...
  4. DC5Jack

Wind deflectors

So my passenger side wind deflector has decided to part company with my teg in the wind today. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement set or has anybody got a set for sale? Is anybody running a set of the climair ones? What are they like? Jack
  5. DC5Jack

Ep3 engine and gearbox in my dc5!!!

If it was me I'd stick a Wavetrac LSD in there. They are a hell of a lot better than the stock diffs. They seem to have shot up in price since I got mine installed, which is a shame
  6. DC5Jack

Clutch release or input shaft bearing?

On mine there was mainly noise & vibrations when on left hand turns. Especially bad when coming off turnings on the motorway. I had my box stripped down and inspected by Tdi, when it was in for other works. Had them stuff a wavetrac & new bearings in there while they had it apart Jack
  7. DC5Jack

Clutch release or input shaft bearing?

When my diff was on it's way out it started making some awful noises especially when off throttle and decelerating. The diff input bearings were also knackered and needed changing. My teg had only done about 70k when I had to change the diff. So I don't know if that's something you want to...
  8. DC5Jack

Dc5 is

DC5's turn heads even in fairly standard trim, but a good set of wheels never hurts. I've heard plenty of people talk about my car without releasing I was the owner. Best one was two old boys talking about how good it looked & sounded while i was standing right next to them.
  9. DC5Jack

Fuel Gauge not working

Had the same problem with mine. Turns out the fuel level sender had fallen apart and was floating around in the tank. The garage fished it out and put it back together and it's worked ever since and that was about 5 years ago Jack
  10. DC5Jack

Headlight out.

Said this a few times on here. Check the wiring on the ballasts. The wires had come loose on mine. As soon as they were reseated the lights worked properly. Did this about 4 years ago and I've never had a problem since. Easiest was is your whip the bumper and lights out to do this Jack
  11. DC5Jack

Dodgy HID lights, help?

Happened to mine a few years ago and they stopped working right as I pulled into the MOT bay. Turns out it was wiring on the actual plugs for the ballasts. Reseated the pins and added some tape for security and they've been fine ever since. That was about 4 years ago now. Jack
  12. DC5Jack

Fast right hand corners - vibration sound?

I had a similar problem a few years ago but mine was on left hand bends. Turned out to be worn out differential bearings. Same as you it was fine everywhere else apart from in fast left hand bends it would make an awful annoying vibration. My actual diff was badly worn as well and took the...
  13. DC5Jack

Dumbest mistake you've made with your DC5

Having the Teg slip off the jack. Thankfully it wasn't jacked up much and didn't cause any damage. Learned my lesson to check that the jack was properly placed before jacking it up again
  14. DC5Jack

what car did you previously own ?

The car right before my teg was a cosmic grey final edition EP3. It was a very good, clean and low mileage car till it was written off
  15. DC5Jack

Very slight damp carpet (passenger side)

Pulling back the carpet is very easy. You have pop off the trim on the side and the sills. First pull off the sill trim it's only held on with a 3 or 4 clips. Then pull off the side trim where the flare would go, again only held on with 2 clips. Pop off the rubber door seal around the bottom...
  16. DC5Jack

Petrol Gauge

I had the gauge just suddenly drop to empty on a spirited drive once. Scared the life out of me. I know I get around 200-240 miles out of tank. Drove around for ages just using the trip meter till I could get it to the garage. Turns out the fuel sender unit had fallen apart in the tank. Had it...
  17. DC5Jack

Cheers mate I'll check that. If it is spilt what's the best stuff to seal it back up? I do need to get it serviced so I may get TDI to reseal it for me. Jack
  18. DC5Jack

Found the same tonight in my car. Took forever to de-mist and felt under the floor mat and the carpet is damp on the passenger side. Haven't driven the car lately so water isn't coming up through the floor, also had it up on ramps lately and there's no rust on the floors there. So that tells...
  19. DC5Jack

Hid's

Actually check the connections between the ballast and the bulb first. I had a problem a few years back with one of my lights dying. Turned out it was a dodgy wire in the plug on the ballast. Pushing the wire back in and some electrical tape and it has been fine for at least 2 years now. Jack
  20. DC5Jack

Your Best/favourite mod?

Yeah there is quite a difference between standard and an aftermarket diff. The wavetrac is quicker to react and stronger when it does, couple that with gripper tyres and it's an amazing handling car with almost no understeer. There's a more grip in the rain with AD08's with the wavetrac than...