Search results

1. Shiro_DC5

Fitting Buddyclub RCAs - Roll Center Adjusters

I refuse to believe they had a brand-new-never-before-seen-special-edition ball joint commissioned specially, just so Integra owners could go that bit faster round corners than civic owners. On the other hand, I massively respect the lengths Honda goes to for performance... just so Integra...
  2. Shiro_DC5

I think I'll just scrap the car. :p my plan A is to get AREA motorsport to fit BC RCA's. I'm assuming they are out at the Civic Cup this weekend hence not answering the phone. While I have done this sort of work myself on previous cars I'm just so full of CBA these days. I have Coilovers but am...
  3. Shiro_DC5

Mine failed mot today for excessive play in nearside balljoint. The garage doing the mot are quoting over 500 spacebucks (and 3 week leadtime) just for a replacement knuckle with the included balljoint... excluding labour. Tried to call AREA but no one's answering. Someone really needs to...
  4. Shiro_DC5

Going for a blast - how do you drive your car on the road?

My neighbour laughs at how slowly i drive...
  5. Shiro_DC5

10 Things You Didn't Know About a DC5

um, so did Freya actually do this video? or did it become the one about her i've already seen?
  6. Shiro_DC5

Post up your mileage of your DC5

85000ISH 55reg I used to be doing 20k a year commuting between this and my EG. but I changed jobs to really close to home in Jan this year so I've only done about 2k in the teg and EG hasn't moved this year. So the 'high' mileage for age of this type of car should now gradually start to become...
  7. Shiro_DC5

Takata Recalls?

I tried mine on the original link and it still said mine is fine. So hopefully, that old link is still valid...and none of us need worry.
  8. Shiro_DC5

Red wheel nuts

I got muteki sr35s from eightspeed and fitted them at the weekend. I'm not 100% in love with them but the quality looks good. We'll see how they last. Tink i would've preferred black uns.
  9. Shiro_DC5

Am I mad?!

My first car was an EC8 (1.3 EF shape), loved it to bits. Always hankered for an SiR version. Was never gonna happen at that age, not enough money!
  10. Shiro_DC5

Parcel Shelf

I bought mine from american ebay for almost exactly half what the most recent one went for on uk ebay at teh time. Including shipping and taxes.
  11. Shiro_DC5

350 miles per week too many??

Okay, one more time, with feeling... The integra dc5, when compared to normal modern mundane family cars, is not quiet or comfortable. The integra dc5, when compared, by me, to all my previous cars, is quiet and comfortable, in my opinion. This simply cannot be disputed. Funnily enough, I...
  12. Shiro_DC5

I'm not going to argue, I think we've laboured this non-point long enough... most recently: My 04 S2000 had probably slightly more comfortable ride, but much noisier. My 95 EG civic has a rougher ride and is noisier, with oem dc2 suspension conversion and 195/50/15 tyres. The interior rattles...
  13. Shiro_DC5

New GRID game = DC5 love!

No Wayyyyyy My missus works at Sywell, I was there on Saturday night for the Blades Ball. No DC5's but they did have an Aston one77! Funnily enough I was asking her last month wether there'd be any chance I could 'borrow' the runway! :D She said it's not up to them (2excel aviation), but the...
  14. Shiro_DC5

Haha, exactly what REspirit and I said! Everything is relative and SOME people will think it's raw. But to ME compared to all the cars I'VE ever owned it is not! You should try going back to a 20 year old Civic rust bucket that the whole interior rattles over every bump and see how it compares...
  15. Shiro_DC5

In fairness, my split over the last year was more like 6-7k in the DC5 and 13-14k in the EG4. But If the Civic is off the road for a year, I wouldn't hesitate to put 20k on the DC5 just because it is such a nice car to drive. So quiet and comfortable, it eats up the miles ;) (Everything is...
  16. Shiro_DC5

I do 300 miles a week minimum. I have a Civic EG4 that does over 50mpg no matter what. But for the last month at least, it's been in bits. I am of the mind that, if you love the car, just drive it. That is why I own it. I can't worry about depreciation from higher mileage. Because it is my car...
  17. Shiro_DC5

Tax on DC5

When I bought mine from Torque, I naively assumed it would have 12 months MOT but in fact only had 10 months. Could yours have expired recently or is it definately due on June 18th? (I didn't quite get what you meant by a line crossing through it?)
  18. Shiro_DC5

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Got it off eventually, my amazing girlfriend brought a tool back from 'dunelm' as a surprise, like a big wrench to grip it with. I had already tried spinach, chiselling, stabbing screw driver. Didn't think about special tools! Never ever needed one before! Next struggle is to get the gearbox...
  19. Shiro_DC5

Okay. I hate my DC5. I cannot undo the oil filter. I am so sick of this kind of thing happening. I just want an easy life. Now I will have to get it trailered to a garage to do it. Happy days. In other news, I did the one on my civic before hand, piece of cake. How the flipping hell has the DC5...
  20. Shiro_DC5

Mine got an MOT with no advisories and a parcel shelf arrived from American Ebay at last :D Tomorrow I shall change the oil.