Search results

1. carlos7777777

Replacement 2 piece brake issues

Hi all, Hope everyone is good. I am in the need of replacing the front disks and pads on my DC5. I bought the car back in 2012 and have never needed to replace them untill now... I am led to believe that the car has BIOT 2 piece disks and ferodo ds2500 pads used with the standard brembo...
  2. carlos7777777

BuddyClub N+ replacement top mounts?

Hi all, I've just had the car in the garage for an MOT and the top mounts and bearings have come back as an advisory. I've asked the garage to fix the issue so they ordered the OEM top mounts - which took nearly 3 weeks due to the recent cyber attack on Honda! Problem is, no that the parts...
  3. carlos7777777

Full Fluid Change - recommendations and suppliers?

Hi All, Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Years. I am about to start getting everything sorted for a full fluid service and actually spend some time driving the car this year as it has mainly been sat about for the last few months due to having another daily.... What are people's...
  4. carlos7777777

New Top Mounts?

Hi All, I just had my MOT on Saturday and it passed fine with a couple of advisories; couple of rear tyres need to be changes (getting all 4 done this week anyways) and top mounts? Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories): Nearside Front Upper Macpherson strut pin or bush worn but not...
  5. carlos7777777

ITG Maxogen replacement filter?!

Hi all, I Was doing some routine maintenance today and decided to clean the air filter as I havnt done it for a while. Upon removing the filter housing under the strut brace, I then proceeded to dismantle the housing to remove the filter... well...not only did the filter come out... but it fell...
  6. carlos7777777

DC Sports Manifold

I've had a DC Sports manifold sitting in the garage for nearly a year now! I've never found time to fit it... However, this weekend i may look into fitting it... Before i do this, is it recommended to change the manifold gaskets while doing this? Is there also anything else to look out for when...
  7. carlos7777777

Starting up Number plate business....

Hi all, I've noticed a few issues with regards to displaying front number plates for imported vehicles in recent times - particularly with getting fines as the front plate being too small, no company name or BS number being displayed etc etc... I've done a fair bit of research over the last...
  8. carlos7777777

Smaller Number Plates??

Hi there, I'm after a little help with regards to purchasing a replacement front number plate... I have been on contact with a few suppliers now and none of them seem to be able to supply me with what i need or what i can 'legally' go down to? I have had stick on plates in the past but as i'm...
  9. carlos7777777

Smaller Number Plates??

double post delete please
  10. carlos7777777

Pre facelift Milano red front badge??

Hi there, Does anyone know where‘s the best and quickest place to get a replacement front badge from for the teg? I‘ve already spoke to steels Honda and Hendy performance but unfortunately they have approximately a 4 week waiting list; car is currently in the garage getting some touch ups...
  11. carlos7777777

Power predictions...?

Hi there, I've been offered a couple of engine bay goodies and was unsure as to what power I would be roughly expecting once I get the car remapped. I would have the following mods: ITG maxogen Rm01a catback Dc Sports manifold / downpipe RBC intake manifold Skunk2 70mm TB And once fitted I...
  12. carlos7777777

KPro v4 with pioneer app radio (v3 vrs v4 in general)

Hi there, I'm looking to get a KPro in the near future, been offered a couple from members on here (v2 and v3) however I have been in contact with eurospec and they are now selling a v4. How much better are the v4's? I've been told they have Bluetooth which can sync to iPads / double din...
  13. carlos7777777

Enkei rpf1's fitment

Just a quick question although this may have already been covered; I've seen some lovely enkei rpf1's for sale not too far from me and they come in the following staggered size:- Front:- 8j et45 (5x114.3) Rear:- 9j et45 (5x114.3) I believe the fronts are wrapped in 225/45/17 eagle f1's but...
  14. carlos7777777

Dc5 gearbox queries

In the near future the gearbox is going to split apart to sort out an idle whine issue (led to believe it is a first motion shaft bearing). However, the gearbox occasionally crunches when going into second so I thought it would be best to get the synchros changed out too... I've had a quote...
  15. carlos7777777

Insurance time...

At the moment I am with admiral on a multi car policy. Cars on the policy at the moment include: Integra as a weekend / occasional driver Pug306 as the work horse Clio 1.6 for the missus Vauxhall Zafira for her parents I've just had a renewal quote from admiral for approximately £1950 for all...
  16. carlos7777777

Gearbox mount problem??

Hi there, After getting clutch replaced I have noticed a horrible knocking noise coming from the engine bay when changing down gears and pulling away from stand still. Basically, when pulling away, it feels like the car is going to stall; it gives off that sort of sound too... Also, when...
  17. carlos7777777

Rear n/s buddy club shock leak

Hi there, Just had my mot today and it passed with 1 advisory... Advisory being that the rear n/s shock has a slight oily mist leak? However, I have buddy club N+ coil overs but I wasn't the original purchaser of them so wouldn't be able to replace via warranty (if it's still in date)? Is it...
  18. carlos7777777

A/C not working? Clutch not engaging?

Hi there, Wasn't sure if this is the correct section but i'm sure a mod will move it if so! I'll try cut a long story short! Went to get my A/C re-gassed the other day due to the scorching weather to be told there was already gas in the system to which i thought to myself 'oh it must be low...
  19. carlos7777777

Standing start Rev limiter.

Hi there, Just wondering what the dc5 revs up to on standstill in neutral while warm. I was testing the car out and considering getting launch control but noticed it maxes at 5.5k revs. However, while driving the car does his the 8.5k limiter? Is this a launch control function or is it to...
  20. carlos7777777

Rear number plate...

Hi there, I'm thinking of getting a personalised plate which consists of 5 digits. C9XRL Or C7XRL I understand that a front rectangle plate will look fine. However, the rear plate may cause a problem as it will look like: C(number) XRL I think this would look shit and wouldn't really mean...