Search results

1. Ranja_Ash

Kakimoto Regu 06 with Tegiwa manifold?

Yeah, fits fine. Sounds crazy in Vtec!! But nice and subtle driving normally.
  2. Ranja_Ash

Main dealer prices

Leighton at Progarage has been looking after stuff on my DC5 for a couple of years, should be able to sort you out.
  3. Ranja_Ash

Woke up to this today

Bad news. There's some for sale on ebay at the moment, £40 for pair of Dc5 front windows.
  4. Ranja_Ash

strut top mounts same as ep3?

No, it was just the top mounts. I had to buy the bearings separately, there is another ebay seller that sells them for around £15 each.
  5. Ranja_Ash

strut top mounts same as ep3?

Yes they do. I recently fitted a set of Blueprints from ebay seller 'markicp'. £54 for the pair delivered.
  6. Ranja_Ash

Do EP3 Shock Top Mounts fit the DC5?

Thanks for the confirmation. Cheers.
  7. Ranja_Ash

Do EP3 Shock Top Mounts fit the DC5?

Does anyone know if the EP3 Shock top mounts will fit the DC5? They look similar, just wondered if anyone has tried them before? Blueprint make replacements for both the front and rear and look reasonable in cost. Around £30 for each front and £50 each for the rear. Although DC5 isn't...
  8. Ranja_Ash

Japspeed manifold??

The Japspeed's are a DC sports copy I think. I've had one on the car for a couple of years with no problems. Not bad considering they're half the cost of a DC Sports version.
  9. Ranja_Ash

Honda Part numbers.

Does anyone know what the part numbers are for the OEM Diff parts in the attached picture. Main one being the bearing for the shaft.
  10. Ranja_Ash

What oil are you using?

Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 for me too. Cheap as chips when Euro Car Parts have their special offers on (every 3 months or so). Works out around £44 delivered for 2 x 5litre bottles which is less than what you would pay for 1 from a Shell petrol station. Good thing is I've always got loads...
  11. Ranja_Ash

Difficulty selecting gear!!

Also check the drivers side engine mount. Mine was split and made it very difficult to go in to any gear. My clutch was also on its way out but the main sympton for this was crunching going into gear at higher revs.
  12. Ranja_Ash

Grinding noise/buckled noise

Mine is making very similar noises and has done for a couple of months. I've changed halfshaft (which was destroyed), Drivers side engine mount (which was also completely f***ed) and the drivers side driveshaft as well as put in a new clutch (but this was mainly due to crunching in gears at...
  13. Ranja_Ash

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 ?

I have standard size RE002 on the front replacing RE050a's. Done maybe 1k-2k so far and been thoroughly impressed with the grip driving through A & B roads. Still have RE050a on the back but will most likely change to these when their worn. Got them for pretty cheap around £80 a corner...
  14. Ranja_Ash

Possible Exhaust/Manifold leak.. Subaru esque Warble

Thanks for the contacts. Might pay Pro Garage a visit tomorrow morning. Just had a check and the rear mount has got Inserts in. I'm assuming the front one probably has too, so weakest link now will be the gearbox mount but it looks in good shape still. I'm hoping it is something minor...
  15. Ranja_Ash

Possible Exhaust/Manifold leak.. Subaru esque Warble

My car has started making a subaru esque warble sound recently. Most notably on light throttle not in vtec. I think I may have a fracture or leak somewhere in my exhaust system, most likely my manifold (a japspeed jobby). I had a split drivers side engine mount which was affecting gear...
  16. Ranja_Ash

Clutch / Synchro Problems?

Maybe also worth checking the engine mounts (engine and gearbox side ones). I just replaced the drivers side engine mount with a Vibra-technics fast road replacement and the mechanic showed me the mount replaced. It was within an inch of letting the engine drop. Rubber was completely split...
  17. Ranja_Ash

Fast Road Setup

Brilliant description!
  18. Ranja_Ash

Engine Mount

I've got a Vibra-Technics engine mount too, but not fitted it yet (hopefully in a couple of weeks) . But looks quality piece of kit, and was less than an OEM replacement from Lings Honda and not too much more than an OEM ebay special. See link below of mount I got - its the fast road version...