Search results

1. S

its a write off!

sorry for the lack of response from me, there's just too much that has happened with this to write down! long story short, they have revised their last 3 incorrect reports and the current offer is 7500, they have taken the courtesy car back because I have received more than 50% of the pav, wasnt...
  2. S

its a write off!

I'll be changing over tomorrow, this is my first dealings with any kind of insurance claim so I didnt really know any better, and I didnt really want to start from scratch again but as it seems its now going backwards they can do one!
  3. S

its a write off!

So the latest thing worth writing about is that the lower price is due to the rear quarter panel damage on my car.......and guesses as to how the damage got there?!?!?!?!? engineer said its unrelated to the crash, even though in their report it was on the list of damage that needs repair?! is...
  4. S

its a write off!

nice looking teg in that link! Ive already sent them 4 other adverts of type r's so not sure how they could make a mistake again?!
  5. S

its a write off!

thanks for the advice, I think I might call my broker and his insurance and see what I can do, although I just heard back with the next offer, which was 4 something, and they said they found this link...
  6. S

its a write off!

So still no word from kindertons, However I just spoke to sky regarding how this is being handled and that Im not happy with it at all. And turns out they cant offer me any help at all, with anything. All they're saying is that they cant do anything about it as they are just the broker?! I did...
  7. S

its a write off!

Ive emailed over the other adverts showing the current price range and said that I need 8500 to replace the car, that was last Thursday I think and despite a phone call and a few emails asking for an update I still havent heard anything, I think I'll phone sky tomorrow and see whats going on and...
  8. S

its a write off!

well sky arent actually handling the claim at all, they passed me onto an accident management company in about 50 seconds and I've been dealing with them since. the other party have admitted fault so its all going through his insurance so Im as baffled as you as to why they gave me such a poor...
  9. S

its a write off!

I'll see what offer they come back with and let you know the progress, ill quiz sky insurance about this when its sorted and see what they have to say about it! maybe I should have just let the other guys insurance sort it all out, may have worked out better?!
  10. S

its a write off!

im with sky insurance, although they passed me over to kindertons pretty quickly and they have the car at their yard which is about an hour and a half away from me, i asked about buying it back and they said i can just go and take it?! but then reminded me of all the hassle of going to collect...
  11. S

its a write off!

i'll get a couple of pics up, also have a video of the crash from my dash cam! from what the report said it was just cosmestic, but included front bumper, os front wing, os headlight, windscreen, os door, handle and wing mirror, and repair to os rear quarter and rear bumper, and both os wheels...
  12. S

its a write off!

So just heard from the insurance company today and my cars a cat c, thanks to some idiot coming around a corner too fast, spinning out and smashing into the side of me. They said the repairs are 6000?! they also offered me 3682 for the car which I said is a joke. So Im not sure what to do now...
  13. S

1st ever break down!

So had my first ever break down this morning, bit of a strange one too. everything has been fine with the car so far. Was driving along, then the battery light flicked on, momentarily after the speedo and rev counter went crazy along with all of my lights on the dash, car cuts out, I managed to...
  14. S

How To Fit Steering Rack Raiser

how did you manage to get to the bolts with the rack in? any special tools or just lots of swearing?
  15. S

any one know what bolt this is??!!

Thanks for that, was worried it was loose when it shouldnt be!
  16. S

any one know what bolt this is??!!

Hi guys, I was fitting a brake stopper and noticed this bolt, doesnt look like its doing much. It looks like it needs to be wound in but just thought id check to see if any one can confirm it for me! is on the driver side on the cam cover. its not rattling around but could only get my fingers to...
  17. S

Getting the teg next week!

Hi guys, I went to have a look at one of the tegs for sale on here, is the one with the v1 teg plate, just wondering if anyone has seen this car over the years or know anything I should know about?! I'm still wondering a little bit as to why it's been up for so long? Has anyone else looked at...