Search results

1. Rom

Exhaust Quandary

Yeah they have nothing but good feedback. Hopefully it wont be much different flow wise, it's looks pretty similar, just quieter. Really don't want to drive to tdi again! I'm in no rush, so probably see if Torque bring back there black Friday offer. I've also messaged Injection Imports as...
  2. Rom

Exhaust Quandary

That on the silver or black one dave? Drift - when you say drone, do you mean like motorway speeds, or all the time. I've seen it said a lot, but not 100% what is meant by it. Maybe I'm just used to mine which is loud for the whole rev range! Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
  3. Rom

Exhaust Quandary

After some input / opinions on what to do with my exhaust. I don't want this to turn into a generic 3'' thread. I'm getting old! Mine is now too loud if I'm honest. Whilst it's rarely used, and I do still get a smile from it. It's loud, obnoxious, and gets filthy looks everywhere it goes...
  4. Rom

DC5 Prices 2021 & onwards

Wow! Ive been inactive for years in here, still got my 5 though. Was chatting at work, people were asking about it. What's its worth etc. Came here looking for a Js brace, saw this thread. Had no idea they were selling this high! Not looking to sell, but interesting to see. Mines pretty tidy...
  5. Rom

**** IMPORTANT MESSAGE **** FORUM CLOSURE ****

I've been in active for a long time, but would hate to see the forum slip away. If you really want to avoid subscriptions, definitely setup a donation option. Many of us are happy to chip in to help with some costs. All the best with your personal stuff mate. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  6. Rom

Car covers

I've used a cover on mine for years, both before and after a respray. Absolute worst I've suffered, it some small 'dirty' abrasions on the swage lines down the sides. That was after I didn't take it off for like 6 months! So completely my fault. Nothing that didn't come off with the lightest of...
  7. Rom

Thatcham Cat 1 Installation

As said, no need to access motors themselves. Depending how involved you want to get with immobiliser circuits, you can do very little stripping or a lot if you like making life hard. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  8. Rom

Headlight Sanding - Insides?

Another for Hendy, best deal I found when I got mine Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  9. Rom

Buddy Club Spec 3 Fitting

Prepare your ears if it's a Spec 3! Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  10. Rom

New DC5 Owner, Bristol

Welcome, there's a few of us in Bristol Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  11. Rom

225s on 7.5?

Watch out for sidewall stiffness. I ran 225 on oem, Eagle F1s. And the area would wobble when you shut a door etc. As the sidewall wasn't being held at its optimum angle, reducing stiffness. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  12. Rom

Can Anyone Identify This Mani???

Can confirm, it's not a Buddyclub. They are slip fit though. Here's mine. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  13. Rom

Fitting strut brace

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  14. Rom

Exhaust

I run a Buddyclub spec 3 and Buddyclub header. It's savage loud. I'm starting to think of a quiter solution, but that means a remap. Wasn't a fan of the twin loop, came straight off almost. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  15. Rom

Spoon Blue wide view mirror glass fitted, before and after picture

Don't think it would attach with no original glass. The pads are designed specifically to mount on oem glass. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  16. Rom

Squeak coming from the seat

Should have some movement in the stalk to allow it to swivel. But obviously fixing should be tight. Does it do it buckled and unbuckled? Dint lube inside the buckle. But no harm in stripping down the stalk, and a thin smear of molykote or something around the washer etc. Sent from my SM-G928F...
  17. Rom

Wheel Spacers

Used to run 20 all round on mine. Pics in thread unless photobucket is still dead. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  18. Rom

Dashboard Tweeter Covers

Try Hendy or Steels, or even local dealer of you have a contact. You might find that the choice of 4, is removed when they search your vin. Failing that, I'd be trying the cheap ones first! Not sure if these help at all? Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  19. Rom

Fitting strut brace

At the very least, they need to be done up with the car it's it's normal position. Or all the tension will be working against the idea behind the bar. And as said, you undo those 3 bolts with it jacked up, means the strut can drop out of the turret. Id 100% keep the oem if possible. Oem uses 4...
  20. Rom

Facelift factory alarm and immobliser and insurance

The issue may be, being jdm, it's probably not Thatcham approved / recognised. That's not to say companies won't accept it. Greenlight didn't ask for my certificate, stating oem is enough. Despite mine being pfl [emoji848] Any Thatcham approved installer should be able to provide a certificate...