Search results

1. Rom

Exhaust Quandary

After some input / opinions on what to do with my exhaust. I don't want this to turn into a generic 3'' thread. I'm getting old! Mine is now too loud if I'm honest. Whilst it's rarely used, and I do still get a smile from it. It's loud, obnoxious, and gets filthy looks everywhere it goes...
  2. Rom

Steering Rack Slider - So Honda Garage Delrin Upgrade

I said id make this, as its been asked a lot. Its a pretty straight forward job, with mostly basic tools needed. Id allow 1-2 hours, depending on your experience. Tools you'll need 17mm Socket / Spanner 29mm Spanner / Adjustable spanner Hammer Punch / Lever bar / Something to hit Clip...
  3. Rom

Battery Specs

Does anyone know what the power ratings for the oem battery are? I cant find them online anywhere. Weighing up a standard yuasa Honda one. Or the aftermarket yuasa ones. I want oem as I'm anal, so hoping they are similar. They come in black, 400cca 45ah. Or silver 430cca 48ah. Sent from my...
  4. Rom

Geo settings to clear et38

As above, I need to geo my car, to clear 17x8 et 38 with 225 45 re070. The catch being, I need to geo it with oem wheels on! I'm thinking - 1.5 camber should be enough. Hoping someone has similar specs and can remember what they are running. Rears are rolled Cheers Sent from my SM-G928F...
  5. Rom

Side sticker location

Would someone be kind enough to measure the distance for the side stickers for me. Ideally down from the swage / body line, as I have different skirts. And from the door shut I guess. Pictures would also help, incase I can mix up sides or something. Thanks, and sorry if there's a thread...
  6. Rom

Respray in White - Other than Championship White?

So body work has been on the cards for a while. Have been flipping between repairs/additions and just getting a full respray. Anyway, washed the car at the weekend.... And this happened.... Just wondering if anyone has gone for a brighter white than NH0? In a way, I want a proper white...
  7. Rom

Universal Bungs

Has anybody tried a universal exhaust bung? There's a load on eBay, some look identical to the one Buddyclub sell. It's something I wouldn't use much, winter to de ice car, early morning starts. Buddyclubs is £53 Inc delivery. The only thing making me lean towards it, is its a slightly...
  8. Rom

Insurance (with track day) Woes

So I'll preface this by saying Im 33 next month, clean licence since I was 18 or whatever it was when I passed. 12 years, possibly more ncb, though I think over 9 doesn't really count. Cars parked on drive, occasional commuting, under 5k a year. Now I've tracked it before, without track...
  9. Rom

Paint Code for White Wheels OEM

So im sure this has been asked before. The only thread i could find suggested they are NH0. Which i cant believe. They are far whiter than Champ White, plus mine have been touched up with what i can only assume is HN0, and its far creamier on the touched up parts. So does anyone actually know...
  10. Rom

Show me your Bonnet Struts / Lifters

Ok, so those of you who have seen my car lately. Know that I need to sort my bonnet lifter situation. With my rbc, the standard prop is no good. The retaining clip wont fit. I did look at buying some nrg lifters, but after seeing them fitted, saw they raise the bonnet slightly along the wing...
  11. Rom

Brake Pedal / Servo Operation

Can some of you guys tell me how your pedal reacts compared to mine please. If I switch off car, with pedal depressed, it raises itself, as if the abs pump is forcing it back up. This is every time, Ive repeated it to confirm. If i switch off the car, there is no servo assistance, instantly...
  12. Rom

Whats Causing this - Or is it normal

So i cant remember what my idle was like before the rbc. But since ive fitted the rbc, it has been hunting between 1k - 2k when warm. And idling a bit high mostly. I had cleaned the ICV, to no avail. So was thinking this was at fault. Ive since found the thermal gasket wasnt sealing properly...
  13. Rom

Favour - Pipe Diameter

Does anyone know what diameter the hose from the PCV to the inlet manifold is. Hoping someone has a manifold off they could measure for me. This is the little pipe, 90 degree elbow, sits by power steering pump, from block to inlet manifold. Thanks Oh, and I don't have my car, or my...
  14. Rom

How to Replace Start Button Bulb

Ok, I fitted mine just now. So thought may as well share as seems a few people asking at least. Remove the start button, the bulb is the little circle shown here. It twists 90 degrees to remove. Original bulb. Has a cover on it, remove and refit if new bulb doesn't have one . New...
  15. Rom

Fitting Buddyclub RCAs - Roll Center Adjusters

Im not sure how much use this will be to people, but i couldnt see one on here. Ill start by saying, this is doable DIY, but you need a vice really. You could try another method of getting the RCA in, but short of hitting it in, i cant think of any, other than vice and press. Again, im going...
  16. Rom

How To Adjust Air Filter Height

So this may be of use to some of you. I know clearance for strut braces can be an issue. May also help with RBC issues. I know there are problems fitting RBC with Mugen and J's, though not sure this would apply as not fitted mine yet. I bought an Ultra Racing 4 point brace, which didnt clear...
  17. Rom

How To Fit Steering Rack Raiser

I know a few of you have been interested in this. So thought id put a little guide together. Ill start by saying, i DID NOT do this in situ. Obviously that would be easier, and ideal. But i couldnt budge my rack arms. Theres very little to get any leverage, and thats with a Buddyclub header...
  18. Rom

Anyone on here?

Cheapest I've seen one up for now :( Link fail....
  19. Rom

How low is your clutch...

So to get some other ideas if how these are.. How low is the biting point of your clutch? Mines pretty low. To the extent if you don't bury the pedal in the bulkhead, it sometimes snatches gears. So I'm thinking mines in its way out. I'm just more used to pedals being higher as they wear.
  20. Rom

How To Fit Gearbox Mount Inserts

I dont think there is a guide for this, so thought id make one seeing as i was fitting them anyway. I fitted Powerflex inserts, listed for the EP3. These are about the same price as the engine inserts. Now im going to assume you know some basics, how to jack the car, righty tighty lefty loosey...