Search results

1. Linus27

FD 5.1 - Change the 6th gear???

I've picked up a cheap Spoon 5.1 Final Drive which I'm getting fitted in a month or so. As the 5.1 is quite a subtle change, is it worth changing the 6th gear to the EP3/Accord one or is it not worth doing? I will be doing track days and some daily driving.
  2. Linus27

MOT's and the Future

Hi All, It seems that its getting harder to find a friendly MOT centre these days with regards to decats. I've had no problems the last 7 or so years but last year was a major ball ache and the garage had to remove my 4-2-1 manifold and refit an OEM system to get it through the MOT and then...
  3. Linus27

Quick question about selling mg DC5 - Springs etc.

Going to be selling my CW DC5 at some point this year and will slowly start putting her back to standard. The Brembo F50 big brake kit will be removed in June and the OEM Brembo brakes put back on. Also the OEM wheels refurbed and put back on and the track wheels sold. However, the car has OEM...
  4. Linus27

Aftermarket Steering Wheel - Insurance

Has anyone had any issues insuring their car with an aftermarket steering wheel? You lose the airbag and I am wondering if this is a problem when declaring and insuring your car? Any advice appreciated.
  5. Linus27

Fujitsubo Power Getter and Spoon B-Pipe

My DC5 came with a newish looking Fujitsubo Power Getter back box that has never been fitted to the car. I believe Fujitsubo pipes are a different length to OEM and I would need a different length mid pipe to make it fit. I'm considering getting a new cat back system anyway as I'm currently...
  6. Linus27

Daily Drive - Bilstein B16 Coilovers or OEM Springs

My DC5 has Spoon Springs and a fast road setup and to be honest, its pretty horrible. The handling is great but the springs crash, bang, rattle and clonk all the time and its just getting too annoying now. Tom at TGM warned me they would do it but as the car is possibly going back to being a...
  7. Linus27

Key Lock Blanking Disc's?

My DC5 came with a round blanking disc that goes over the key lock on the drivers and passengers door. I think they are just stuck on with glue. Anyway, one of them has fallen off. Does anyone know where I can get them from? Thanks
  8. Linus27

Weird noise

Been hearing this weird noise coming from what sounds like the back of my DC5. Noticed it today so decided to have a proper listen. The noise can only be described as a flutter or ticking type sound, similar to when a bird flutters its wings very quickly. It seems to come from the rear and at...
  9. Linus27

Black flagged at Brands Hatch

Got black flagged at Brands Hatch last night for being too loud. It was a 102db and my car measured 98db at the noise test but after 10 laps it was all over :( I do have one of those silencer bits that go in the end of the back box but was wondering if they actually make any difference. Anyone...
  10. Linus27

Front Number Plate Bracket Fixing Advice

I have just bought from eBay the OEM front number plate bracket for my DC5. I've never seen one before so not quite sure how they attach. Is it just the one bolt that goes through the hole in the middle of the bumper or are more bolts required? Not sure I will get the bolt with the bracket so...
  11. Linus27

Black OEM wheel centre caps?

Does anyone have or know where I can get some black centre caps for OEM DC5 wheels? Had to go back to OEM wheels which I have had coated black but I never had centre caps so I need to get some. Many thanks
  12. Linus27

Quick Question about Spoon B-Pipe?

Is the Spoon B-pipe the same length as the OEM B-Pipe? I'm just looking at my options for replacing the back box only and the car currently has the Spoon b-pipe fitted.
  13. Linus27

HELP - Passenger window just exploded

Hi, Just driving home from work and heard this weird noise and then my passenger door window literally exploded shooting glass everywhere. Scared the crap out of me and the noise was huge. What are my options in getting this replaced ASAP? Is this something Autoglass can do easily or am I...
  14. Linus27

Toying with the idea of selling the DC5 - Rough idea on value?

Not sure if these sort of posts are allowed so apologies in advance and please delete if a big no no. Been thinking about selling the DC5 next year and wondering what it's worth? The spec is, 2001 DC5 Championship White Red Recaro's, carpet and mats C Pack 70km and 45k miles (90k miles in...
  15. Linus27

Spoon 4-2 manifold, worth it or not?

Hi, My DC5 currently has the Spoon 2-1 decat, Spoon b-pipe, OEM back box, AEM V2 and K100. I am wondering is it worth getting the Spoon 4-2 manifold and map tweak or will the gains not be that noticeable?
  16. Linus27

Options for quieter exhaust?

My DC5 currently has a Spoon 2-1 manifold, Spoon b-pipe and Spoon N1. For track days I swap the back box over for the OEM and it makes 94db. The thing is with the Spoon N1 fitted, it sounds lovely but it is a bit loud for everyday use, especially when cold in the mornings. On the other hand...
  17. Linus27

Springs for track use

I was always led to believe that Honda spent a lot of time and effort in getting the suspension right for the DC5. So much so that stock is pretty much perfect and that updating just the springs was a backward step. Unless you were going full race setup (Coilovers etc.), then it's better to...
  18. Linus27

Was there some thing going on today?

Driving down the the A303 at around 11.00am today heading west and saw a silver DC5 around Thruxton. Quick hello and carried on. Ten minutes up the road and I come across white DC2 with black bonnet following a lovely red DC5 with forum sticker in side windows. Said hello to the driver (I was in...
  19. Linus27

Knocking/scraping sound from suspension?

My DC5 seems to be making a knocking, clonking, scraping noise that seems to be coming from the suspension. It's seems to be every time I turn left or over certain bumps. It does not seem to do it when I turn right. It also changes in severity depending on type of bump or speed or angle of the...
  20. Linus27

Just after a bit of exhaust advice for track

My DC5 has AEM V2 induction, Spoon B Pipe, Spoon N1 and K100. It made 228bhp and I'm really happy with the power and sound. However, for track, I'm led to believe the Spoon system is going to be too loud so I'm looking at what my best options are. I do have Fujisubo Power Getter cat back system...