Search results

1. ijlh

Rocker Cover Gasket

Has anyone used the above rocker cover gasket with any issues? It‘s full OEM quality and Is supposedly made by the same people who make the Genuine Honda one. I‘ll happily buy the Genuine one if it‘s far superior, but if this one is exactly the same just without the Honda logo on it, then it...
  2. ijlh

Fuel Gauge not working

Fuel gauge decided it didn‘t want to work about a month ago after the car sat not being driven for a couple of months. It then started working off its own back about a week later. But now, it is properly dead, and not working at all. The fuel light is permanently on. Now, I assume this is the...
  3. ijlh

Metallic metal noise

Got this strange noise that seems to be coming from the drivers side front wheel. There‘s no real pattern or consistency to it, it does it when in neutral just rolling down the road. Just a funny metal noise, as if something metal is rubbing somewhere. I‘ve looked everywhere and it all seems...
  4. ijlh

Swapping seat rails over

My drivers side seat rail is going a bit naff, can sometimes hear it clicking out of it‘s locked position. Now, I want to swap the rails over with the passenger side as the passenger side one is fine. Are they a straight swap? What‘s involved? And is it as easy as 6 bolts on the bottom? Or...
  5. ijlh

Creaky rear end

The rear end of my car has always creaked whilst entering and exiting my driveway, and other situations whilst manoeuvring and when the angle of the car is changing. It has done it with the original suspension, and with my new MeisterR coilovers. I also have brand new Hardrace rear camber...
  6. ijlh

Asda Tyres Discount!

Just thought everyone on here should know about a 10% discount code I found for Asda Tyres. If you're on the PC, add the tyres to your basket and go through to your fitting centre and click on "Asda Key" If you're on your phone, get to the same stage as above but click on "enter discount...
  7. ijlh

Bonnet not sitting flush

I was topping up my screenwash yesterday, then went to shut the bonnet and it will not sit flush!! Anyone know why? It feels as if the bonnet catch wont allow the bonnet to sit all the way down, So my next question is, how easy is it to change the bonnet catch? As i feel this may fix it...
  8. ijlh

Tein street basis Z coilovers

Had the car up on the ramp at work the other day and noticed that one of the rear shocks was leaking slightly. Nothing major, but definitely something that I want to attend to. Do I replace them all with OEM shocks, and some eibach springs? Or do I go for a set of coilovers, like these...
  9. ijlh

Where does your DC5 originate from?

Looking through my original paperwork i see that my DC5 was first purchased here: http://shopsearch.honda.co.jp/auto/5751804217/op_auto/ Being a proper geek, I find this incredible and cool to know. So, where was everyone elses bought, and anyone the same as me? 😊😊
  10. ijlh

Two funny noises!

Hello, when I drive with the radio off I can hear a rubbing on the front left wheel. New pads fitted about 1000 miles a go, so it's not them being low. My discs need replacing, I know that. So was wondering whether it could be the discs causing the rubbing? Second noise, in the high revs, above...
  11. ijlh

Kumho Ecsta XS KU36

Anyone tried these? seem comparable to the AD08R's in grip levels, but considerably cheaper...
  12. ijlh

12x6 number plates

Where's a decent place to get some 12x6 number plates made up. Any pictures would be great too! Thanks 👍🏻
  13. ijlh

Fitment for red "H" badges

Hello, both my front and rear H badges are looking a little sorry for themselves, so am after a couple of replacements. However I'm a tad confused as to whether they are the same badges or not... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261637186418#ht_3829wt_1408 I found these...