Search results

1. kyle'87

Bucking/ Kangarooing

Disclaimer: I know there are other recent threads on the forum and also spread out across the internet but in the interest of finding a solution, I am starting my own individual thread to collect my thoughts and document. Problem: When the car is cold or warm I get a bucking/ kangaroo effect...
  2. kyle'87

Idle Air Control Valve

Hi Torque GT I am hunting around for an IACV, do you have any on the shelf? Kind regards Kyle
  3. kyle'87

Bogging down when trying to pull away quickly

I have been having this problem for a while and it has got to the point I would like to try and get it fixed. The problem manifest itself in the following way: When attempting to move off quickly (in first gear) If I don't get the engine revs high enough (above 2500/3000) when I engage the...
  4. kyle'87

Full Spoon Exhaust Setup [Video]

I have recently purchased a new header and as such will be replacing my current setup. I wanted to grab some footage of my current setup just for documenting and sticking away to watch again one day. Here is a video of a cold start followed by general warm up driving. There is no ragging in...
  5. kyle'87

Skunk 2 Fuel Rail Leaking - Solution

Just though I would put this in here as it isn't exactly a tutorial but just some tips when fitting. 1. You'll need to cut/ dremel off the locating tips of your OEM injectors. This is because the fuel rail doesn't have the locating recess like the OE fuel rail does. 2. Once fitted put...
  6. kyle'87

Fuel Pulsation Damper Leaking

Hi Guys, Driving to work this morning and I could smell petrol, assumed it was an injector O ring however upon inspection I could see fuel dripping from the damper on the fuel rail. It wasn't a constant drip, more of a drop waiting to fall. I've noticed on other occasions the smell of fuel so...
  7. kyle'87

Torque drop in mid-range

I have recently had my car mapped and the mapper mentioned that in the mid range of my rpm he is seeing a torque drop. He said it started at around 30lbs but managed to map it out to around 10lbs but said it was still there. I have done some reading and what I am currently looking at is the...
  8. kyle'87

The MAP sensor with RBC manifold

Can someone confirm for me the following... My car is running the RBC inlet and Tegiwa RBC adapter plate. The MAP sensor on the throttle body will be reading the manifold pressure via some sort of channel that flows from the RBC manifold to the MAP sensor?
  9. kyle'87

Passenger side leak

I'm not entirely sure where to post this so sticking it in general for now... I was cavity waxing the inside of the rear quarters this past weekend and as I had the room to I thought I would check something out. Since I had my Teg I have noticed, what looks like, some rust staining on my...
  10. kyle'87

Suspension Component Refresh

Hi Guys, I am hoping to fit my Skunk2 springs over the Easter holiday (as long as the weather holds out) and would like to know if anyone recommends buying new parts to replace generally old parts/ potentially worn parts or anything to upgrade? Car has done 68,000 miles if that helps with a...
  11. kyle'87

Hydro-Blue Wide Side Mirror Glass

So I've had the Teg for a few months now and one thing that is starting to bug me is the bloody mirrors do a great job at collecting rain drops which then make it difficult to see out of them. I've tried to tackle this with clay bar and rain-x but shortly after they return to their water drop...
  12. kyle'87

Championship White Paint Code

I have just dropped my spoiler off at the Body shop to have it refinished. I said to the guy that the paint code is NH0 aka Champ White. I got a phone call about an hour later saying that, that colour is a 3 stage pearl paint. I said I don't believe it is and that it is a "flat" white and that...
  13. kyle'87

Mugen airbox cover fastenings

Very odd question here, goes out to all the guys and girls who have a Mugen airbox. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the screws that hold the airbox lid closed? e.g. M5, M6 and length of screw. If possible a picture of the thread? I know that is asking quite a lot! Mine is currently in...
  14. kyle'87

Door Glass Outer Weatherstrip

Does any one have a part number for the Door Glass Outer Weatherstrip from both sides, I know people have replaced these in the past due to them perishing? Any also who is the 'go to' Honda part person that won't send me some random part that matches a random part number?
  15. kyle'87

Pioneer SPH-DA120

Here is a video of my HTC M7 fully mirrored onto my Pioneer SPH-DA120. This might help a few guys who were thinking about the headunt but not sure of its capabilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_fFlOKfQ3M I will try to answer any questions anyone has. EDIT: The video may appear to jump...