Search results

1. Teggs

Rusty Nuts.. there are worst names to be called!

I guess we've all had this problem at one time or another, but no need to be ashamed. Getting dug into trying to sort out some bodywork issues and saw a great video on youtube for problematic bolt removal, well worth a look... I've had similar issues to rsmithinfo (great write ups by the way...
  2. Teggs

Front Brake Splash Guards

A few weeks ago the car developed a metallic grinding noise that was on/off and would respond to steering and braking inputs, although not neccesarily for the better, managed to locate it to the front disk splash guards and after wheels off and a good fettle with some wire brushing and a bit of...
  3. Teggs

Embarrasing Confession, anyone else willing to share...

1st off, Thankyou to all the people who make and run this forum, and to all the members who contribute, I've had invaluable advice over the years so, a big shout out to this community! I've always been a bit of a noob to car maintenance and now feel comfortable sharing with with such a great...
  4. Teggs

External Mirror Mount Cover - Anyone replaced these?

I've got a couple of new OEM Door glass outer weather strips from Honda ready to replace, the paint has started peeling quite badly and looking forward to getting them swapped out, but it also apparent that the External Mirror Mount Covers (black plastic that abuts the bottom corner of the...
  5. Teggs

Oil replacement and Oil Filter Swap

Have looked though these guides, sorry if I've missed it but cannot find any info on an Oil change and filter replacement. Changing the oil is pretty straightforward but have not seen any guidance on an oil filter change. When I had my DC2, a mate (former mechanic) basically did it all for me...
  6. Teggs

Fault? Auto revving at Idle after battery change

Car has been off the road for about 6 months now, at the start of this period I'd start her every weekend and let idle for 10-15 minutes to keep the battery charge, after a couple of months it started revving itself (low revs), I assumed that the battery was running out and that maybe the car...
  7. Teggs

3k to spend - best route to Supercharging..?

Basically as the title says, I'm looking towards SC in the near future, I would expect this to cost me in the region of 6K, this year I have approx 3K at my disposal, with a similar amount next year (hopefully!). Looking at some of the great cars on here that have gone down this route they seem...
  8. Teggs

Touch me up...

After 5 hours of cleaning this weekend I was thinking on the best way to treat my rusty spots (pin head size), very minor at the moment and the plan is to get a full respray in the future (2 years or so) someone has made a very junky touch up repair to a chip and although it's a bit ugly it...
  9. Teggs

Japanese Import lubricants - Not suited to UK?

Having just imported my car it is very apparent that the tyres are probably only suited to about 2 months of UK weather. Is it likely that it has other elements that might not be particularly suited to our climate i.e. the current oils that it might be running? Obviously I am very aware of the...
  10. Teggs

Integra DC2 CAD File

Hi Folks, I have produced a CAD drawing of the UK DC2 and if anyone would like a copy just drop a message BTL or PM me. The drawing is in Autocad .DWG format at a scale of 1 unit : 1mm, might not be 100% accurate as it was produced from fairly low res .JPEG but I don't think it's too far off...
  11. Teggs

New Yrs Resolutions: spend more on petrol,tax, tyres, wax, gum shields

Hi Folks, Thought I'd drop by this topic for my 1st post and say na' then. First a bit of housekeeping / brown nosing - Thanks to the Owners and mods of this forum for providing a great resource and to all (hopefully) helpful members. Keep up the good work guys! :xcheers: Picked my japanese...