Search results

1. The Mighty Clam

Heater control panel - can someone confim which bulb please?

Thanks for that, I've already had a go at it. I managed to cobble as much info as I could before and went for 2 x T4.2 Neo wedge LEDs and 3 x T3 neo wedge. They all work fine, everything lights up :). I stupidly didn't take a 'before' pic, but basically all three icons in the middle of the three...
  2. The Mighty Clam

Heater control panel - can someone confim which bulb please?

Hi, the left hand side of my climate control panel is not illuminated red, can someone confirm if I need a T3, T4 or T4.2 neo wedge bulb please? It is the small bulb on the left in the pic I'm after. I've looked on other threads but it's unclear exactly which bulb is for this section.
  3. The Mighty Clam

Opinions on this DC5?

Well unfortunately I probably won't be seeing this one. The previous owner had a couple of triangular stickers on the front wings and when he's taken them off the paint underneath is in a bad way. I don't want to start respraying bits here there and everywhere, plus it will likely be a different...
  4. The Mighty Clam

Opinions on this DC5?

Spoken to the owner and asked all the necessary questions and I'm happy with what he's told me, so I'll likely be seeing it this week :)
  5. The Mighty Clam

Opinions on this DC5?

Hi all, what are people opinions on this one? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-Honda-Integra-Type-R-DC5-95K-Miles-Championship-White-C-Pack-/255110929982?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0 Seems a little pricey for nearly 100k miles (although car values are...
  6. The Mighty Clam

Third time lucky...

Thanks for the warm 're-welcome', it's nice to see the community and forum is still in good shape, hopefully I can rejoin the ranks soon :).
  7. The Mighty Clam

Third time lucky...

Glad you finally got the move done, did you move far? You were unsure of whether to sell a year ago - good that you've still got it, you spent so much time and effort on it it would be a shame to not enjoy it more. Only just started looking to be honest, nothing that jumps out at the minute...
  8. The Mighty Clam

Third time lucky...

Hi Carl - I believe we corresponded about a year ago about me possibly buying your Integra - I'm in Upper Halling - I think you're one of the few people that have ever heard of our little Hamlet! Modmedia - sound like you've got a good project to keep you busy there. I agree with you about...
  9. The Mighty Clam

Third time lucky...

Hi all, and greetings from Kent, glad to see the forum is still going, and looking better than ever. I am an oldie rather than a newbie and occasional visitor to these realms but am in search of what will be DC5 number three. I had one in 2011 and another one in 2015, now I find my hankering...
  10. The Mighty Clam

Civic Type R FK2 - Test drive

No had no issues at all with the car, other than people wanting to race me when I'm just popping to the shops! All the reviews say +R mode is pointless on the road and too hard. Nonsense. It just makes it feel like you've instantly put coilovers with stiff springs on and had an immediate engine...
  11. The Mighty Clam

Ownership compared to a DC5 is it just feels much newer and more modern. You have lots of screens and buttons to keep you occupied in traffic jams! The car is sporty enough in normal sport mode, but in plus R it turns into an animal - It's like it puts it into FD2 mode. I have heard of a couple...
  12. The Mighty Clam

I am in Upper Halling (a very small village nobody has ever heard of!) It's near Snodland way. I saw a DC5 about 6 months ago round these parts so might have been you. Nice to know there is a Teg nearby. My FK2 is black, I've seen a blue one round here but only once. I'm selling it at the moment...
  13. The Mighty Clam

Where are you based Crazylegs - I'm in Kent and currently have an FK2 (ex DC5 here owner looking to get another again soon). I'm happy to answer any questions you have about it. It's like having two cars in one - goes to the shops or takes daughter to nursery perfectly fine, turns into a crazy...
  14. The Mighty Clam

AutoArt DC5 model

I've had this saved on my favourites for ages, I know nothing of the company other than it's in the USA, or any info on stock levels or if it's a page not updated for ages! Might be worth an email. http://www.ppsonline.net/Die_Honda.htm
  15. The Mighty Clam

its a write off!

Sorry to hear that bud, especially just before Xmas :(. That's about the right value for an average condition DC2.... Where on earth have they plucked that valuation from?!
  16. The Mighty Clam

Do I Make A Return ??

The RX-7 was a car I had lusted after as a boy and I vowed I would get one one day. I'm glad I did, however I felt I was sitting on a ticking timebomb despite it having had a recent rebuild. I could never shake the feeling of hankering to get rid of it before something expensive needed doing...
  17. The Mighty Clam

Do I Make A Return ??

I had a DC5 about 6 years ago, had a lot of good cars in between but I always seem to gravitate back to the Type R's, and picked up my latest DC5 about 3/4 months ago. (But might be switching to an FD2 due to recent baby happenings...but that's another thread!) I think it all comes back to...
  18. The Mighty Clam

Options for quieter exhaust?

Funny, I was looking at getting a Spoon N1 & B Pipe, but I've been doing a lot of thread research and youtubing and I think it will be too loud and un-user friendly for me. I can thoroughly recommend the Kakimoto Regu exhaust that I'm running, sounds near enough oem when driving normally, mad...
  19. The Mighty Clam

Strut braces, do they make a difference?

For a really simple and divvy analogy - Imagine a car body is like a shoebox, not massively rigid laterally and easily bent & buckled. Now imagine a shoebox with a lollipop stick fixed across the middle as a cross brace.
  20. The Mighty Clam

Which LED Sidelight Bulbs?

Here we go, put them in yesterday. The amber ones were in there before but now it give a much cleaner look. The LED light is nicely dispersed as well, not like a massively bright pinprick of light that looks a little chavvy.