Search results

1. F

brace

look at the ultra racing 4 point fronts. or any solid/welded ones. you dont really want the ones with the the bolts on the ends, as they can flex there, which is the last thing you want a 'brace' to do lol
  2. F

DC5 Weight saving

I got bored so put everything in groups, interior, exterior etc.
  3. F

DC5 Weight saving

Ill add them now, the genuine mugen brace is 300g‘s heavier than my ebay rep 😅
  4. F

DC5 Weight saving

Few more weights added Also, as im currently cleaning mine up, getting rid of rust etc, i have taken off most of the original underseal, the aftermarket underseal, and seam sealer, i‘ve still yet to do the middle of the car but i‘ve swept up just over 14kgs so far 😂
  5. F

DC5 Weight saving

Ill add the on :) Weigh everything and put the weights here 😂
  6. F

OEM DECAT

Standard cat is currently £450 scrap value. Take it off and sell, that can pay for a decat mani :)
  7. F

FD 5.1 - Change the 6th gear???

I had ep3 6th gear fitted for about a month with my 5.3fd, it was awful 😂 If you‘re planning on going for a different FD later on, personally i‘d just sell the 5.1 and put that money towards the new one. Save doing it twice, and the 5.1 wont be much of a jump, so when you change again it...
  8. F

Drop links - opinions?

Majority of hardrace stuff is just cheap chinese ‘oem‘ replacements, but people are obsessed with buying them. And they‘re all cheap tat.
  9. F

DC5 subframe options?

Doubt it is something many people have tried tbh. Ep3 will fit, but its give or take the same. The dc5/ep3 is based on honda odyssey/shuttle, perhaps they will fit. And a gen 2 crv is very similar, so high chance they will fit too. Whether or not its what you need is another thing. Best bet...
  10. F

DC5 Front strut brace

No they are different
  11. F

BALL JOINTS/ RCA

Ive had buddyclubs fitted for about 3 years with no issues. Im not a fan of hardrace.
  12. F

How to fit rear LCA’s, subframe brace & a tie bar.... on a budget

Found the photo Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. F

How to fit rear LCA’s, subframe brace & a tie bar.... on a budget

They‘d be better on track than on the road. Tracks are much smoother. A mate of mine had some reps on a civic and they snapped on a pot hole. Personally i wouldn‘t risk them. Save ~£100 to potentially write your car off/kill someone if they were to snap and you end up crashing.
  14. F

Brembo brakes

When they are worn, down to min thickness, or when theres a big lip on them
  15. F

Ruined cars

What ruined my last civic for me was a plated lsd, as i drove the car daily, it was the worst thing ever. On the dc5, for road driving.. 255tyres with low offset front wheels i find has made it pretty poop. Same goes for coilovers, if it was 100% road car, i‘d go back to springs/shocks and 225...
  16. F

"Click" when coming on/off throttle

Ive had this sort of sound for 4 years, still can‘t find it. I‘ve changed, coilovers, droplinks, top mounts, calipers, arb bushes, balljoints, both driveshafts and engine mounts, its still there. Learned to live with it now 😂
  17. F

Knock noise after replacing tie rod ends

Buy oem ones or a decent aftermarket. Hardrace are poop.
  18. F

Intake air temps

I bought a spare, so still have a nice headlight 😂
  19. F

Brembo Refurb or Upgrade to Big Brake kit....

I looked at these but i didnt like the way the pads dont fully cover the disc. Theres a company in Bridgend south wales called Godspeed that do the renault caliper and they make a disc that fits much better. I ended up going for ap calipers though, as i didnt see the point in going from an...