Search results

1. mikeyw85

SRS light on after wheel swap.

I put a retrimmed wheel on that I got from Royal steering wheels, and it's great. Alcantara sides and patterned leather top and bottom. In swapping over I had an issue with one of the torx screws, basically shredded it, but got it out with an extractor. During this time I had the airbag...
  2. mikeyw85

Bad drive shaft or bearing?

Whilst changing my brakes, my mechanic noticed play in the drivers side front wheel. With the ax jacked up it could wobble slightly. We fit a new bearing and the wobble has gone away. A few days later the car developed a slight scratchy grinding noise, generated by something spinning. A bit...
  3. mikeyw85

Can't get tack rod end off

In a bit of a predicament. Putting coilovers on, track rod end would not budge from within the old strut, so I essentially has to saw it off where the bushing is. Then the real problem started because I couldn't get the track rod end off the rod its screwed onto. I don't have a heat gun, but do...
  4. mikeyw85

Car feels a bit erratic under acceleration

This is a little hard to explain, but essentially under hard acceleration (high revs) the car seems to be a bit darty, like its pulling in different directions slightly. Like it's a bit of a fight to keep it totally straight. It's not alarming, but i'm not sure if its normal. I can't really...