Search results

1. Midge-1989

Door actuator passenger side

That's class Gaza, about a tenth of the price! Had already ordered genuine but will keep that in mind for future, cheers! Not looking forward to the door disassembly when it arrives!
  2. Midge-1989

Door actuator passenger side

I'm having the same problem with my passenger door and also the same problem differentiating what the correct part number is! Can anyone kindly advise at all? The jp-carparts link above has 2 variations of #23: 23 72155-S5P-A11 Add inquiry ACTUATOR ASSY.,DOOR LOCK 23 72155-S6A-J11 Add...
  3. Midge-1989

Bogging Down

Low oil? Knock sensor possibly on the way out?
  4. Midge-1989

RBC v RRC inlet manifolds - the difference and what you would go for

Since asking this I've never changed the inlet manifold with similar thoughts regarding it's worth for the negligible power gains! With Tegiwa intake, exhaust manifold (Buddyclub), Spoon B pipe and Spoon N1, mapped with K100 made 238bhp. Definitely more appreciative of tyres, brakes and suspension
  5. Midge-1989

Alternative way to fold rear seats?

Cheers John, I never got that far but I just knew it would be a pain to get to! Will try some stronger glue and say a few prayers Cheers for offering Carl, it seems like more hassle than it's worth replacing the full seat (and hoping that some glue will fix it!) but appreciate the offer, will...
  6. Midge-1989

That's what I was hoping for mate but there's nothing that seems removable down the sides or backs of the seats, couldn't find anything anyway as was in a bit of a rush earlier. Managed to prise a flat head screwdriver under the screw to pinch and pull the mechanism up, cheers again for the...
  7. Midge-1989

He's snapped it pretty flush, I've been ambitious and superglued it or else I'd double check but I'm sure only a tiny part of the screw inside is visible. If supergluing fails I'll give that a go, cheers. Was hoping there was another actual functional way to collapse the seats!
  8. Midge-1989

Hi guys. My little nephew broke the toggle/plastic lever that you pull up to allow you to lower the passenger side rear seat...is there any other way to lower the rear seats/this side without using the toggle? Appreciate any help at all! Thanks
  9. Midge-1989

Which exhaust?

For noise in vtec then I would suggest doing your air intake before/over exhaust. The tegiwa m intake is a popular, decent one, whilst the Arc is quite hard to come by but sounds amazing! Understand wanting to do the exhaust first though!
  10. Midge-1989

Steering Rack Slider - So Honda Garage Delrin Upgrade

This has made me realise that when I had the SHG rack slider fitted a year or so ago, the locking washers must not have been refitted. My car was recalled as it had the locking washers before the SHG slider was fitted and also has the stamp on the rear window...anyone have any reason to suspect...
  11. Midge-1989

Whine sound under high revs.. HELP!

I had something similar at 4000 rpm and as was suggested to me, turned out to be the driveshaft heatshield. http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/44135-whooshinghissing-noise-from-engine-bay-or-exhaust-at-4000-rpm/ in case useful!
  12. Midge-1989

Very helpful comments so thanks very much. That was one of the various links I read before Kyle, definite pinch of salt required, there isn't much substance to those 'reviews'! I guess like everything else then this boils down to personal preference (cost, convenience, brand name) rather than...
  13. Midge-1989

All I seem to have gained from reading older topics on inlet manifold types is conflicting and vague information! So here come the questions: Aside from approx. £100, what's the difference between an RBC and an RRC? If money was not a factor, what would you go for and why? Does it make a...
  14. Midge-1989

Whooshing/hissing noise from engine bay or exhaust at 4000 rpm

10/10. Driveshaft heatshield was rattling due to one of the washers being loose. Was put in a vice to compress/effectively tighten! Refitted. Sorted. Cheers again for all the suggestions. Tell your mate, Fez :P
  15. Midge-1989

I've not managed to check but it sounds like it's in that area Col. The vibration in the cabin has increased in line with the noise. Going to get it checked out tomorrow by someone that knows more than I do! I know what you mean Spooke, I've never had that though plus this noise is well below...
  16. Midge-1989

Checked the pipe and it's fine, was only fitted 6 months ago! Appreciate the suggestion though. Haha did it actually Fez? I can't see why engine mount inserts would be the cause of such a noise and specifically at 4k rpm. Also if it was just a rattle I had I'd be less concerned! Cheers for...
  17. Midge-1989

Any ideas at all anyone? Best described as a whooshing noise or a 'metallic' hiss of air sound starting quite specifically and most prevalent at 4000 rpm +. Goes away when revs drop below approx. 3800 rpm. I've not got a lower VTEC point or turbo! I had engine mount inserts and a rack slider...
  18. Midge-1989

Mugen twin loop

Try ihearthonda if you want new. UK based and decent guys
  19. Midge-1989

Accessing the mirror control switch/PCB board to replace bulb – folding mirror button impeding

Looks like the listing has finished again but was called (exact wording): 'Miniature wire ended lamps 14V 60mA 3 x 7mm Qty 10 NEW' Seller details: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/ecl80?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 I contacted them as the listing also finished - the guy replied in about 20 minutes and put...
  20. Midge-1989

Milano red facelift Dc5 Owner from Scotland

Welcome mate! Car looking great, hope you're enjoying it! What part of Scotland you from?