Search results

1. E

Sand blasted and painted rocker cover

Hi all Just got my rocker cover sand blasted and painted to freshen up the engine bay. I have washed it 5 times and there is still some particles in the rocker cover. Any ideas how to completely get rid of this or would I be better off buying a new rocker cover. I wont be putting the...
  2. E

Big brake kit arrived for my DC5

I always felt that the brakes on my DC5 were a bit of a weak spot even with new discs, pads and fluids. They were grand but wasn't 100% confident in them. Further inspection of the oem brakes showed that the bleed nipple was leaking fluid and the pistons and seals were extremely worn and rusted...
  3. E

Pads for spoon calipers

Hi All I will be replacing my dc5 brembos with spoon calipers. Are the pads the same as oem brembo pads or are they different. Thanks
  4. E

Anyone ever use cpl racing

As above. I am looking at buying an rbc for my dc5. I found it on cplracing for 250 sterling http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=296 I usually use tegiwa for all my dc5 parts but the rbc on their site is 300 sterling for the same part...
  5. E

Tires for the track

So I picked up a standard set of DC5 alloys yesterday. My plan is to get a dedicated track tire so I can just change wheels over instead of getting tires changed every time. I don't want to be spending mad money so the likes of R888's, AO48 and AR-1 are out of the picture. I have done a bit of...
  6. E

330mm front brake discs

I am going to change the brakes first and I am just wondering are you able to get 330mm discs for a dc5. Only 330mm discs I have found are part of a bbk which I am not after as I am perfectly happy with the brembo calipers. I have 18" wheels and I think the 300mm discs look a bit lost behind...
  7. E

Engine torque damper

Hi All Just wondering has anyone fitted one to their DC5. If what benefits does it give On tegiwa it says to reduce wheel hop and to sharpen up throttle response. Does it really though ? Would I be better going down the route of engine and gearbox mounts instead of a torque damper Thanks...
  8. E

Exhaust options for DC5

Hi All Been lurking here a while and its a great site. Anyway complete newbie when it comes to vtec's. I purchased my first vtec about 2 months ago which was an 02 arctic blue DC5. I swore to myself that I will keep it standard as I use it for my DC5 for my work commute (around 600kms a week)...