Search results

1. E

Michelin Ps4 vs RE070

RE070 are now discontinued I believe, but are a very good summer/ dry weather road tyre, and OK in the wet but not great. I don't know about PS4's but I've heard they are a very good all rounder, it's probably what I will go for next or maybe PS5.
  2. E

Which Donut gasket?

Thanks for the replies on this guys, i bought a 2.5" donut which turned out to be too big so just ended up using the original donut gasket.
  3. E

Tyre choices

I'm going to be putting my oem wheels back on for the teg for winter, and I could do with changing the tyres. Budget is around £80 fitted per tyre, I don't want specific winter tyres just a half decent all rounder. Any recommendations?
  4. E

Which Donut gasket?

I have bought a spoon backbox for the dc5 and just wanted to know what size donut gasket is needed when fitting it to the OEM B-pipe? Thanks.
  5. E

Misfire/erratic idle on cold start

Hi Matt, the coolant level is all good, can I check TPS and MAP with a multimeter? There is no EML light on either so no fault codes to check for. It's just strange that it only misfires on the next cold start after a spirited drive,the rest of the time it's perfect!
  6. E

Thanks for the reply Jordan, my iacv and throttle body have both been cleaned recently so I don't think that is the problem. When I drive the car hard using lots of vtec action it performs perfectly at the time, it's the following day from cold start when the problem occurs.
  7. E

My dc5 has a problem on cold start in that it sounds like it's misfiring for about 5 seconds with the revs bouncing from 500rpm upto 2000rpm and then it settles back to a normal idle. This problem only occurs after the car has been driven hard the day before, when it's not driven hard it idles...
  8. E

225 on standard rims

I fitted 225 RE070 's onto pro race wheels which are 7j and a 45 offset. On a smooth decent road surface the car behaves perfectly, but on uneven bad surfaces it does tend to follow the camber of the road under hard acceleration. It's not too bad but it is noticeable,I think it's down to a...
  9. E

**** Great News, Forum saved ****

That's excellent news,there is so much information and help on this forum especially for DC5 newbies like me!
  10. E

New tyres - wheel wobble

Any update on this? Have you sorted the problem, I'm having similar issues after having new tyres fitted recently.
  11. E

Rattly rear end

Ok thanks I'll check but it sounds more like plastic interior panels/trim. Some days the noise is really bad and others it's not as noticeable.
  12. E

Rattly rear end

Does anyone else have an extremely rattly boot area in their dc5? The rattles all sound like plastic trim and they are driving me crazy! Has anyone got any tips on solving this?
  13. E

Ad08rs?

Don't really want to pay over £600 for a set of tyres, do the RE070 dull turn in that much? I know that they are a chunky tyre, is that why they are heavy? I will be putting them on some TD pro race wheels which are a bit lighter than oem wheels so that should help to offset the tyre weight...
  14. E

Ad08rs?

The ad08r is not available anymore is it?
  15. E

NEW to DC5s

Welcome to the forum mate, glad you're enjoying your teg they are fantastic cars. I've had mine for about 3 months now and use it Everyday, I love looking in the rear view mirror and seeing that big wing!
  16. E

Ad08rs?

Thanks for the info guys, I will probably end up buying RE070's as they seem to be a popular choice for DC5's And are a decent price.
  17. E

Ad08rs?

I'm looking to buy a new set of tyres for the DC5 soon and the AD08RS looks to be the favourite for all round road use, just wondering what people's opinions are on these, are they as good as the old AD08R? Any advice/opinions welcome.
  18. E

Finally have a dc5!

Welcome to the club, what mods do you have?
  19. E

Bought one today

Welcome, looks good I like the blue/white combo.
  20. E

Battery and alarm

Battery replaced, thanks for the replies.