Search results

1. DC5Noob

P0341 help please?

Yeah man, i see what your saying but I definitely wouldnt save money, as the car would have to go cheap, then to buy another it may have problems unless I bought something that wanted for nothing and theh it would cost me thousands more anyway! Would be nice though, but mine is great, just needs...
  2. DC5Noob

P0341 help please?

Thanks man, As I have said, apart from the chain, which has now been replaced, and the gearbox, which is being done next week, the car is perfect and wants for nothing, and has all the mods I want on it, so I dont understand why you keep saying about selling it, makes no sense to me. Lol. All...
  3. DC5Noob

P0341 help please?

Update... Car had jumped timing, so timing was all out, most probably the cause if the light coming on. Tom said the car drove very "flat". They took it for a very gentle test drive and said driving it, especially hard, was dodgy because could of caused alot more issues. So timing chain is...
  4. DC5Noob

P0341 help please?

Haha, what a suprise that is Dave! No it may not be 3k but just setting myself up for a rough worst case. If it was then selling it wouldn't be an option because I would sell honestly and why would someone buy a problem car unless I sold it for way cheaper than its worth. Also my car is pretty...
  5. DC5Noob

P0341 help please?

Thanks for the replies guys. Pretty much what in expecting Jimmer. Who needs a holiday eh! I'm looking forward to her driving sweet again! It's in limp mode atm so will take it to tgm and just let then do what's gotta be done. I wouldn't be able to sell atm because why would anyone want to buy...
  6. DC5Noob

P0341 help please?

Fair, 600 quid is a bit more than I was expecting for just a chain replacement, but also been reading from my issue it can be lots of other timing related things so shiiiting it that it will be other stuff too. 🤢🤢
  7. DC5Noob

P0341 help please?

Just to add my light was back on this morning. I have basically no power in the car at all, doesn't want to go over 50ish, cant engage v tech, doesn't seem to want to go over 4500 revs. Code the same P0341. Any more advice on this would be welcome. I have it booked in with tgm next week but...
  8. DC5Noob

P0341 help please?

Looks like I'm gonna get gearbox fully redone, and new timing chain and all the shit that comes with that. Any one had all this done that can give me an idea of price so I dont shiiit my pants when I get the bill?
  9. DC5Noob

P0341 help please?

From what I have read it states cam shaft position sensor but apparently it can be many things? Possibly that the timing has slipped even.
  10. DC5Noob

P0341 help please?

Another lovely issue to contend with, Started my car yesterday and engine light came straight on. Drove it down the road and when I put my foot down on the pedal in 1st, I had barely any power but seemingly normal revs, then when it got to about 4000 revs normal power from there. Same problem...
  11. DC5Noob

Anyone know what this part is?

Haha! Fair play mate! Love the enginuity right there lol I think I'm still gonna go for a proper new washer , but maybe have a little play with this myself in the mean time!
  12. DC5Noob

Nice one, I have also sent him a direct message as well so let's see what happens! 👍👍
  13. DC5Noob

Yeah tempting on the self fix washer idea, can't be any worse surely! Lol Well yeah hopefully if demand is building another group buy will open up, I'll stick a message on it now and if others do the same hopefully we can get something going?
  14. DC5Noob

I did message wocka a little while back about them but no response, I may have his old number though. Unless anyone has a set to sell me now?😀
  15. DC5Noob

Hi mate many thanks for the reply! I thought they were the those bushes just wanted to be sure, bought some hybrid racing bushes but was in a rush and didn't realise they go on the other side. So I have fitted them, will have to try and find some others for the other side too!! Is it only on...
  16. DC5Noob

Any one know what this part is? One photo shows the gear shifter where it joins to the shifter cables, the other shows a small rubber/ plastic grommet / washer that used to be between the shifter and the shifter cable, Any ideas? Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  17. DC5Noob

Gearbox and other issues, advice please!!

Thanks for the advice guys, I was thinking it would be full gear box redo job but I will try the cheap stuff first, get the shifter bushes changed, get the gear linkage cables checked and adjusted and change the gear box oil. Then I'll have a think about when to have the whole thing properly...
  18. DC5Noob

Hi mate, thanks for the response, I have recently had a new clutch fitted (about a year ago) so would hope not to need to do that again! So to open up gearbox, may aswell change the lot, seals etc, how much is this likely to cost? And what is are the derlin shifter bushes? As in what do they...
  19. DC5Noob

Hi guys, Having a couple of little issues with the car, they don't come up to often but I would like to get them sorted out so am seeking some advice. Issue 1, sometimes when driving she pops out of second gear. It's quite rare but I feel like it's getting more common especially when putting...
  20. DC5Noob

DC5 N.Wales camping meet (August 2nd-4th)

Yeah I came up last year and met you lot for a drive, you already have me on WhatsApp and I'm already in a dc5 north Wales group with you lol 🙈🙈