Search results

1. Midnight

Solid Fabrications 3" Track Exhaust DC5

Prepared to offer a full rebuild ‘if‘ one was to ever fail due to AFR being that bad from exhaust swap? 😂 Not saying it ‘will‘ damage an engine. I‘m saying it‘s possible. Especially with mapped cars already. Most try and extract as much power from the current modifications that an...
  2. Midnight

Carl, me personally yes. People forget it's not 'only' about diameter it's about air flow. Imagine having a 300mm straw. Make a few zig zags and blow through it. Now use that exact same straw and make it straight again and blow. Radical example but routing can be equally as important as...
  3. Midnight

A) Wouldn't fit an exhaust without a map. At EFI I seen exactly how bad AFR can be out by just swapping the catback exhaust. I can tell you now the statement 'If you'd of drove that hard on track the engine wouldn't be in one piece now' was one of the shocks from trying 3 exhausts. B) No...
  4. Midnight

RM01A is no where near as light as the Regu Carl. You have that wrong. The RM01A fits nice in the middle of both the Regu and SF. Neither best at anything but a solid all around exhaust. Pun intended. Sound and fit the Regu is hard to beat. For every last bit of performance gained than the SF...
  5. Midnight

I‘d say it feels heavier than OEM but we are talking thick stainless steel. On paper it probably sits around 16kg but in the real world it felt at least twice as heavy as the Regu. Also the problems we had was because we had aftermarket manifold fitted (apparently) so I would suggest you...
  6. Midnight

Best performance track legal exhaust

That's because most people on here have never taken their Honda blinkers off and ventured to another brand! Been known for high performance Renaults for years.
  7. Midnight

Yes, well documented we had some problems and if OP would of asked 'best exhaust available' I wouldn't of stated a 3". However as we're on about performance I'm not sure droning,weight,fitment is relevant. I would need to search but while on about fitment, I'm sure Indi RM01A/Kakimoto fouled his...
  8. Midnight

Shall we start a thread: best fitting exhaust. You can offer some actual proof then Sam ;)
  9. Midnight

Apples and oranges now Chris... On another thread you said it's quicker than the DC5 in original form against your modified one. While we're at it, should we compare 3" on an Evo too 😂
  10. Midnight

While I agree 30bhp for us anyway was mainly due to the Kakimoto, we were able to achieve more power than the original map which had the RM01A. A lot of variables, but as the Gruppe M/Mugen offer similar improvements one makes the assumption it was down to the exhaust, I use the word assumption...
  11. Midnight

As already stated, isn't it interesting that most the people that are saying 2.5" have no proof or not even tried a 3" system. No doubting aftermarket 2.5" exhausts are great and deliver good power, but the best? No! EFI are maybe the best mappers in the UK, have seen all types of exhausts and...
  12. Midnight

Vauxhall spend multi millions developing their cars, doesn't mean the Adam will beat a Noble in a race. Tongue in cheek! Lol.
  13. Midnight

Selling?

Potentially sold as it is. Bargain price as well!
  14. Midnight

That question is simple! Custom titanium exhaust! However doubt people are going to spend £2500+ for an exhaust.
  15. Midnight

Sam think you're missing the point or being too biased to see. We had Chris's map who had the RM01A fitted. We could achieve more power through AFR with the 3". However EFI could tell the car before had more power when he was first mapping it with the Kakimoto. I don't really care who fits...
  16. Midnight

Spec was same, other than catback. Mapper was the same, at same dyno (EFI). More than welcome to read our thread. Well documented. Just for peoples information I'm far from using this to advertise SF. In fact with our own experience we would not recommend it. However proof is in the pudding. A...
  17. Midnight

Neither on track! Passing TDI 247bhp cars all day long when apparently we were only running 210bhp. Dyno's are a tool and should be used as such. Not a defining read out. Like you say the Kakimoto didn't feel restrictive. Was only after fitting the 3" and a few drives out we relised it was...
  18. Midnight

EFI are probably one of the better mappers in the UK, even they were astonished how much more power could be achieved going from the Kakimoto to a 3" exhaust. Car made 210bhp with kakimoto, car standard let's say 215bhp, car with 3" made 239.9bhp. Nothing else (bolt on) changed, other than the...
  19. Midnight

Selling?

I read it wrong if that's the case, sorry. Like any project, well for me once it's complete half the fun is over. For someone else (potential buyers) a complete bargain 😂